Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

4.5 monthes after accutane

When people on this forum stop getting acne its a normal thing for them to move on. I just thought it would be nice and reassuring for you people thinking of going on accutane to get some first hand knowledge from a person who has done tane, and has been done for quite a while.

I stopped getting acne at around the 4 month mark while on tane. Ever since than until a few weeks ago I was 100% clear. Now, I seem to be getting a few small whiteheads (the kinds that go away after a few days).

I was very happy with my treatment and would take it again in a heartbeat.

For all you skeptics out there who want to go on tane, do it. Its great for self confidence, and if you dont drink alot of alcohol, drink alot of water, and maintain a healthy lifestyle (excersise, cardio...) chances are your going to be fine in terms of side effects.

Good luck!

thank you. i was thinking about this same thing just the other day...i am starting my month 4 and my doc wants to take me off because he thinks i am "at 80%" and i guess thats when you are supposed to stop or something. i still get about 5-10 zitty or cisty things a month but nothing like it was. and although if i PICK it...woops...they take FOREVER to heal, but the zitty/cisty part it gone ...just a scab from me messing with it. i did get a really bad farmers tan about 3 weeks ago which has failed to go away. i have the lip thing going on, but i live with aquaphor next to me. I have noticed a slight change in my attitude/argumentativeness/thought process...and my friend thinks im nuts...but other than that, i also would do it all over again in a heartbeat...

i had a calendar made of my boyfriend made with pictures of us since 4/5/06 and back then i looked like a peperoni pizza...and my back was worse!

Awesome. I'm currently about to end my 5th month -- with one more month to go. I hope not to break out again, but if I do then I won't die. Thanks for sharing your story!

Awesome. I'm currently about to end my 5th month -- with one more month to go. I hope not to break out again, but if I do then I won't die. Thanks for sharing your story!

I will :(

nice to here bro. you say its been 4.5 months since coming off. dont mean to get you dissapointed but i wouldnt celebrate just yet. my skin became perfect from accutane, i too had not bad side effects just dry lips and skin a little dry cleared me up prety quick and didnt get any bad initial breakouts or anything. 6 months after being off accutane my acne started coming back though. but hey you might be lucky and stay clear, or maybe i was just unlucky either way good luck