Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexWHO?

Hi! Starting CSR in a few days

Hello, just like to say im new here and im going to be starting CSR in a few days. Im 15 years old and I have a mild case of acne. I was browsing the internet today and came across this site and read about CSR and wanted to give it a try and convinced my mom and dad to buy it cause what I am on right now isnt really working. So i really hope this helps!

One question! Could yall recommend me a good shampoo and a good conditioner because my hair is kinda long and its on my forehead and that is one of my problem areas.

A lot of it depends on what kind of hair you have, but I can tell you that most of yr store bought products have a lot of waxes in them which will coat yr hair and probably isn't the best to be rubbing on yr face. Paul mitchell is a good, inexpensive, professional line. As well as design line by regis, if you have a regis salon near you.

Hi Alex,

Good luck with the Regimen.

On the subject of shampoo and conditioner, I think the most important thing to remember is to not apply conditioner, gel, hairspray, etc. on the hair around your face (your bangs/fringe, sides) if you can avoid it.

Use conditioner on the ends of your hair only. And be sure to change your pillowcase frequently so you don't smash your face in product residue all night long.

Hi Alex,

On the subject of shampoo and conditioner, I think the most important thing to remember is to not apply conditioner, gel, hairspray, etc. on the hair around your face (your bangs/fringe, sides) if you can avoid it.

Use conditioner on the ends of your hair only. And be sure to change your pillowcase frequently so you don't smash your face in product residue all night long.

alright thanks alot guys! and btw im from alabama.

Hi Alex,

You should probably be conditioning only the ends of your hair anyway. Putting conditioner on your roots can weigh it down and make it look greasy, and you really don't need it there because the hair isn't old enough to have dried out (unless, of course, you use hair chemicals or heat on a regular basis). Likewise, shampoo usually only goes on the roots and will naturally clean more of your hair as it rinses off.

I think what makes a difference isn't so much the shampoo and conditioner you use as how you use them. I make sure that I don't get any hair stuff on my face while showering, and then the very last thing I do in the shower after I've rinsed out my hair is to wash my face. This removes pore-clogging residue from the shampoo and conditioner from your face. Also, wearing your hair up helps a good deal too, especially clipping back your bangs while you sleep.