Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memories

Laserpeel 3G

I had one done. 35microns. Not such great results, maybe more in shallow scarring.

7 days downtime, you scab still and peel. Lunchtime peel - Huh Huh! If it were that light there would be like no result, just minor exfoliation.

I may have 1 -2 more, and if it does not eliminate my few minor scars, I will try Fraxel.

Oh mine was $750.00 (CA $)

I want to see if he can do more passes next time - that may do it!

But is meant for minor wrinkles and minor scarring, and several treatments are needed.

HI

Iam from Kuwait and iam very glad to find some bodywho can share my acne scarring problem with me. Ifound adermatologist who performs 3Gpeel in my country but iwill wait for you guys to inform me about the result . My current dermatologist doesn't encourage this method.

thanks for all the input. JodieM, it is in microns? I thought the settings are in mJ? My doctor agrees to do the 400mJ setting for me. So how deep will that go? :confused: I've also requested to do more than one pass, but he refused. One pass of 400mJ will probably produce zero improvement, it will jus ended up like a 12.5% TCA peel. It won't help for scarring though... So anyone tried the highest setting? 600mJ with mutiple pass?

Maybe the newer machine is in Mj's. ?????

Ours is in microns. 35 is not very deep but he did a few passes over the shallow scars, so they were redder and scabbed more than the rest of the skin.

Sorry I am not familiar with the newer one.

I just don't understand your doc saying he will do the procedure, but only one pass and that it is not deep enough to help your scars?????Why bother with this particular laser then. Does he only wan't your $$$.???

I reread the link and it does say between 200 - 600mj, providing controlled depth of 20-40 microns per pass.

So I had 35 microns, would like 40 next time, with again a couple of passes over the scarred areas. Although it was not very deep, I could not go anywhere for at least a week due to the peeling and redness. yea on the 8th day I wore make-up! I suspect a "lunchtime" peel would do nothing..........

I see him tomorrow so I hope he wll agree to do it. We'll see!

thanks for reply... Anyway, i was also thinking the same way. The doc wants only my $$. By going less invasive, the results will be less significant; meaning I need to go back for more treatments. He even insulted me for being my own doc and trying to teach him how to use the laser. This makes me even more fed up :doubt: .... So did you experience any improvement in your pitted scars?

thanks for reply... Anyway, i was also thinking the same way. The doc wants only my $$. By going less invasive, the results will be less significant; meaning I need to go back for more treatments. He even insulted me for being my own doc and trying to teach him how to use the laser. This makes me even more fed up :doubt: .... So did you experience any improvement in your pitted scars?

Yes about 30% and he will do another as soon as I have a week I can stay home.

He agreed to go a bit deeper around the scars, so I am hoping with this one, maybe if needed one more in January, they will be gone or barely there. :pray:

Actually these they call laser micropeels, you go for a series, they go a bit deeper where needed and just blend the deeper areas into the good skin where they then do a much lighter laser, for eveness.

Look for another Dr. I have experienced this too with some and had to shop around a bit!

You will find a good guy soon I hope! Keep us posted! :)