Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

Talking talking and talking

i talk openly with people possibly more than anyone i know. i have close friends i can speak honestly with about how im feeling, an aunt i can call anytime, and have. and a therapist i talk to on the phone once a week.

but im so unsatisfied by it. nothing seems to change. at all.

time keeps on keepin on, and all the potential for sincere happiness and satisfaction escape me.

i talk to no one about how obsessed i am with my skin. it sucks. my mum kinda knows half the story, but i dont think she realises how consumed my life is by it.

i talk to no one about how obsessed i am with my skin. it sucks. my mum kinda knows half the story, but i dont think she realises how consumed my life is by it.

exact same!!

i am completely consumed and governed by my face. I literally think about my skin when judging every single decision on where to walk, who to talk to, what to say.... omg.. I am constantly thinking about my skin.

my mom knows what i am going through but in reality has NO IDEA!

i cannot talk to anyone!! i dont want anyone to talk to me about my skin either. I dont even want compliments on my skin, i know what it looks like; i look at my face MANY times a day and scrutinize it every morning. Clear and normal skin is for me, and me only, i dont want to know that it actually matters to other people.

Guest been13years

exact same!!

i am completely consumed and governed by my face. I literally think about my skin when judging every single decision on where to walk, who to talk to, what to say.... omg.. I am constantly thinking about my skin.

my mom knows what i am going through but in reality has NO IDEA!

i cannot talk to anyone!! i dont want anyone to talk to me about my skin either. I dont even want compliments on my skin, i know what it looks like; i look at my face MANY times a day and scrutinize it every morning. Clear and normal skin is for me, and me only, i dont want to know that it actually matters to other people.

Word. I actually didn't say anything to my mom or sister about how REALLY messed up my head is because of my acne until this year. Every now and then, when I'm bored or feeling selfish or whatever, I really fixate on it. It crowds out anything and everything good in my life, kinda like an upcoming speech used to do. Anxiety would kill any life in me. But talking with them really helped. Even though my mom has never had acne and we've had fights about how messed up her advice can be, it helps to have her know how sad it makes me. Same with my sister, who also has acne, only our talks are more commiseration.

Don't stop talking to the people close to you. Anything that keeps you close is good; plus you learn all kinds of stuff about suffering and other people. Sometimes I feel like I'd never be satisfied anyway because no matter how sorry your problems are, someone else has problems you wouldn't want to touch with a ten-foot pole.

i talk openly with people possibly more than anyone i know. i have close friends i can speak honestly with about how im feeling, an aunt i can call anytime, and have. and a therapist i talk to on the phone once a week.

but im so unsatisfied by it. nothing seems to change. at all.

time keeps on keepin on, and all the potential for sincere happiness and satisfaction escape me.

suicide is not the answer.. don't do it!

suicide is not the answer.. don't do it!

I don't think he/she was talking about that.

"coughdrop" you're lucky, at least you have people to talk to. I have no one. And the only person I can approach, my mom, is mean when I seek support from her. Just hang in there.

me too. I think I'd be pretty if it wasn't for my skin.

Makes me feel gross.

Talking doesn't help. Lets all just implode. :wall:

It's not easy opening up because once you do, you become this big smorgasboard and everyone picks at you. Sometimes I would rather write it down and then leave it be, or avenge my anger through music and even art. Also, being around people who can distract you a bit helps, that is, until you come home and find yourself all alone, with nothing to do but ponder the unknown. It's not always like that, though.

Guest Sebastian_K

its so much more than my skin..... i never talk about my skin, and i dont even know if/how it bothers me.

Whats the problem then?

That wasn't nice, Guy. Please refrain from making comments like that in the future.

Coughdrop - they say talking helps. And it does. But it's also only half the battle. You know how they say "Knowing is half the battle?" It's real easy for us to forget that there's a whole other half out there to be fought.

What are you talking about? Why are you talking about what you are talking about? What are you NOT talking about, and why?

Sometimes talking just shows us the path we need to take - but we're the ones that have to walk through it.

i think he just wants attention.

you arrogant piece of crap, you dont even remotely know me.

and what kind of person craves attention from kids on an acne forum?

piss off, fuck people are such pieces of shit

i think he just wants attention.

you arrogant piece of crap, you dont even remotely know me.

and what kind of person craves attention from kids on an acne forum?

piss off, fuck people are such pieces of shit

:boohoo: