Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jgh888

am i the only one who thinks this...?

yes, yes, i know you are NEVER supposed to pop a pimple. but it almost seems that I have never had a pimple go away that I didnt pop, immediately, or after some time.

maybe its becase i dont have enough patience to deal with the pimple, but i have let pimples sit for a long time before. they dont seem to do anything, or progress towards "going away."

other times, the pimple shrinks a bit and gets "drier," but i still end up popping or scratching it out.

is it just me....? or do pimples that arent popped seem to hang around FOREVER?!

reason is, i have an annoying little red pimple that has been there for WEEKS, and it doesnt seem to be changing. im so tempted to pop it,,, but afraid of repurcussions because this one is pretty small right now, but big enough to be annoying.

EDIT: I realized these 'pimples' im talking about may not all be redheads and the like. they are often clogged pores, which are kind of dry, small, covered, but nevertheless, expel some dried up "blackhead" looking stuff when squeezed. i hate these.

As long as you have toxins in your body, those pimples will linger eternally. Use your judgement. Do what you must, when the time is right.

Well, the pimple's eventually going to pop anyway. There's nothing wrong with helping it along a little, but if you oversqueeze because you're having a hard time extracting it, you're doing more harm than good.

By the way, never try to pop pimples if its contents aren't visible.

hmmm..well if you leave them out for like 2 days or so, they will get smaller and your body will absorb them. Also, no scaring..so if you feel the urge to pop, it may haunt you later on.

Yeah, I hate having these things all over. If I leave a pimple it just grows and grows. I can't stand leaving it alone. It makes me feel dirty and disgusting. Actually, if I see pimples on other people I want to take them off too. I have a small silver tool that I use to remove my pimples. I don't think this scars my face, but I don't know because I have so many scars from my last course of accutane. If I put vitamin E on does this make things any better? Also, regarding toxins, I don't know because I don't drink soda, and I don't really eat fast food. I do, however, have a lot of stress. What am I doing wrong? I'm tired of breaking out! :wall:

Even if you think you did a good job with your, "silver tool" which i presume is a needle, you are just spilling out that shit onto your nearby skin. Look, if you leave it on your face, maybe apply a VERY small amount of BP, it will curst over within a day...maybe 2...but no longer than that. Its your choice, short run or long run.

Even if you think you did a good job with your, "silver tool" which i presume is a needle, you are just spilling out that shit onto your nearby skin.

That's why you're supposed to put benzoyl peroxide around the area after popping, preventing the bacteria from spreading. Also, after you pop a pimple (and before you disinfect the area), wipe up the contents with a gentle toner-soaked cotton pad like Nivea Visage Moisturizing Toner. It will help clean your skin up and, if it is well-formulated, will help soothe it.

Well, you would be wrong to presume that it is a needle. Its actually designed to remove pimples. Take a look. http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...ficial%26sa%3DG

And since when do pimples heal with BP within a day or two? Maybe yours do, but left alone mine sometimes take weeks. Also, I wash my face and apply RX medicine after removing the pimple.

Its still possible for spots to scar without popping them. I remember about 4 years ago I left one nasty pustule to its own devices and when it had cleared, I was left with a scar. In my experience i've found that popping or not popping makes little difference to the way my skin heals. The time taken is the same and the red mark will be no better or worse.

Yeah, I hate having these things all over. If I leave a pimple it just grows and grows. I can't stand leaving it alone. It makes me feel dirty and disgusting. Actually, if I see pimples on other people I want to take them off too. I have a small silver tool that I use to remove my pimples. I don't think this scars my face, but I don't know because I have so many scars from my last course of accutane. If I put vitamin E on does this make things any better? Also, regarding toxins, I don't know because I don't drink soda, and I don't really eat fast food. I do, however, have a lot of stress. What am I doing wrong? I'm tired of breaking out! :wall:

it will grow to the point where it pops itself