Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sorry if you guys are getting sick of my BC pill posts :(

But, you see I'm desperate. Acne has pretty much messed up my life.

this is the last post though! I did a little research and most people say Ortho Tri-cyclen is the best BC pill for acne. Should I ask my gynac to put me on this??

PLEASE post your experiences with this pill.

Would really appreciate it!!

EDIT: I was put on Yasmin today so I changed the topic line. I really hope this works. Because persistent moderate to mild acne since three years has finally gotten best of me and made me go nuts. Will update on how it goes :)

Take a look at the ratings section on this site :D It has ortho tri-cyclen on it and yasmin and stuff like that. I heard that Yasmin is much better for acne, but I can't be too sure. I was on it for a month and it was working great, but I stopped due to the expense of it and the mood swings it gave me.

Take a look at the ratings section on this site :D It has ortho tri-cyclen on it and yasmin and stuff like that. I heard that Yasmin is much better for acne, but I can't be too sure. I was on it for a month and it was working great, but I stopped due to the expense of it and the mood swings it gave me.

I just found that ! :D

I would still love to read the reviews here if somebody posts them

Thanks though!!

I think I'm going to get this one. I jsut hope it doesn't make me an emotional wreck. I am pretty emotional already. I don't want to drive the people around me nuts.

Good luck!! :D

Everyone is different though, a few of my friends who are on Birth Control are exactly the same as they were before it mood-wise. But if it does make you moody at all you can always stop taking it! =)

Good luck!! :D

Everyone is different though, a few of my friends who are on Birth Control are exactly the same as they were before it mood-wise. But if it does make you moody at all you can always stop taking it! =)

I am soooo sick of acne that I would just live with the moodswings and try to keep them under control if it clears my face. My acne isn't severe but I've had it since three years. Can't live with it any longer. I really hope this helps!

Thanks for the help :)

I went on Ortho--made my acne worse. Kariva/Mircette is actually rated higher on the dermatologists' scale for helping with acne. It's one of the best, according to my derm. Ortho is actually more down towards the middle. Kariva is the ONLY thing that clears me up. It takes about 3-4 months, and you should continue your regimen, but after that, I was totally clear.

I went on Ortho--made my acne worse. Kariva/Mircette is actually rated higher on the dermatologists' scale for helping with acne. It's one of the best, according to my derm. Ortho is actually more down towards the middle. Kariva is the ONLY thing that clears me up. It takes about 3-4 months, and you should continue your regimen, but after that, I was totally clear.

Hmm I actually have kariva. I am thinking about taking either that or getting Yasmin.

Cancelled ortho as an option after reading some of the reviews on acne.org ratings page :wall:

Ok...so i was put on Yasmin and for the first three months my acne got worse and my skin got flaky...weird. But then after the three months my body started getting back to normal and my acne was not as bad but not at all clear or better. Not until i was put on spironolactone as well as Yasmin did my acne clear completely. I had hormonal acne....moderate amount of cystic acne that cause huge depression and embarassment. Although the Yasmin was supposed to do the trick, my body just produced too much of "whatever" for it to work to its fullest. I eventually got off Yasmin altogether do to a huge decrease in sex drive, especially when combined with the Spiro....i mean huge. I feared that my hormonal acne would flare up again, but it never came back. The spiro alone did the trick. So hopefully it works for you....give it a good three month shot to see how your body adjusts to it. Do not expect it to rid your acne immediately. And remember that everytime you start a new BC pill, you are likely to have some acne flare ups due to your body adjusting to the different hormones your putting in. Always give these pills at least 3 months before swtiching otherwise you'll just make a bad situation worse....trust me, i am guilty of that.

Ok...so i was put on Yasmin and for the first three months my acne got worse and my skin got flaky...weird. But then after the three months my body started getting back to normal and my acne was not as bad but not at all clear or better. Not until i was put on spironolactone as well as Yasmin did my acne clear completely. I had hormonal acne....moderate amount of cystic acne that cause huge depression and embarassment. Although the Yasmin was supposed to do the trick, my body just produced too much of "whatever" for it to work to its fullest. I eventually got off Yasmin altogether do to a huge decrease in sex drive, especially when combined with the Spiro....i mean huge. I feared that my hormonal acne would flare up again, but it never came back. The spiro alone did the trick. So hopefully it works for you....give it a good three month shot to see how your body adjusts to it. Do not expect it to rid your acne immediately. And remember that everytime you start a new BC pill, you are likely to have some acne flare ups due to your body adjusting to the different hormones your putting in. Always give these pills at least 3 months before swtiching otherwise you'll just make a bad situation worse....trust me, i am guilty of that.

Thanks for replying you guys. You're seriously a big help!!

Well I have prepared myself for the breakout. I just hope it works in the end because I am seriously very tired now. I noticed tiny bumps all over my cheeks. I don't usually get these kind of bumps ever.

I don't know if it's from Yasmin because I just started taking it three days back.

My skin is probably irritated because I have been putting it through a lot of torture and harsh acne products lately.

Do you guys know if BC pills work for this kind of acne as well? whiteheads, blackheads, bumps?

Or do they just work for cysts?

Ortho gave me cystic acne. I have heard stories from other people who have had similar experiences. I am on Yasmin and my skin is better with it. My skin just started breaking out again, but I think it might be because of major stress (I just started law school and my boyfriend left for the Army). :(

i'm on the yasmin and have been for 15 months.. tried other ocps before but found the yasmin to be the best balance between results and nasty side effects.

i think you'll find the estelle/dianne is most highly recommended for acne. mainly because the delivery of cyproterone acetate (the antiandrogen) is highest in this pill. however, it tends to have increased side effects such as mood changes and weight gain (whereas yasmin decreases water retention).

but if you have cystic acne, you can always take an antibiotic in combination with yasmin to improve efficacy. keflex, tetrex etc..

hth :)

Sorry but i have a quick question!

If i want to go on a BC pill... should i go to my derm or my gyno? I mean which one of them is the one that best knows if i need a BC pill or not? :shifty:

Silly, i know... :rolleyes:

I am on Yasmin for 3 years now through my gyncologist. Cleared up very bad cystic acne completely. OrthoTriCyclene does nothing for acne.

I say gyno... When I was on it, I went right to my doctor lol

Nuva Ring is the best BC out there.

I think theres some test you can get to see what your hormones are like. Go to your obgyn and ask about something like that.