Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marj

Two secrets to blackheadfree skin!!!

Just a note to let you know that I have had blackheads on my nose and cheeks for as long as I can remember (teenage years to midlife adulthood). I decided to go to the cosmetician every six weeks to try to get rid of my blackheads.

Turns out two FABULOUS tips she gave me got rid of all my black heads in about two months (over the summer).

First, I used to NEVER moisturize my nose by fear of making it more shiny and create more clogged pores. Sebum, which is secreted when you skin is dry, is what causes blackheads. So if you moisturize your skin as recommended on this website the blackheads should stop coming about (you may have to have those you have extracted by someone who knows not to squeeze too hard and only after steaming your skin to loosen the pores.

Second, to ensure that the black color would eventually become less and less apparent, caused by oxydization of the sebum when it reaches the skin surface, she recommended that I use a gentle daily exfoliating product by Dermalogica. It is gentle and contains rice powder and smells wonderfully clean.

After moisturizing my face twice daily and using Cetaphil twice daily and the daily micro-exfoliant scrub in the morning all traces of blackheads disappeared from my nose.

Good luck!

Is a cosmetician the same as an esthetician? Sebum is secreted continuiously, not just when skin is dry. And I though rice was bad for acne because is makes it easier for bacteria to grow on your face?

Is a cosmetician the same as an esthetician? Sebum is secreted continuiously, not just when skin is dry. And I though rice was bad for acne because is makes it easier for bacteria to grow on your face?

Sorry for the delay... I just got rid of another problem and am visiting the site to share but haven't been on the site since my first posting.

I am not an expert in skin conditions... and yes a cosmetician is the same as an estetician... The microfoliant is just a "soapy" powder that helps your skin exfoliate and washes away so I really don't think it is harmful. I think acne and blackheads is like other things: to each its own recipe but in my case I was just so happy to share after living with this for years, really...

Best,

Marj

she recommended that I use a gentle daily exfoliating product by Dermalogica

do u know what's the name of the product? i'm trying so hard to get rid of mine....ugh...and i can't afford to get facials all the time.....so i might want to try ur method to see if it will help..thanks!

after i started differin my blackheads disappeared...but when some stubborn ones come up i boil a pot of water and stick my face over it for 10 minutes, then you can squeeze the nasty stuff out, then rinse with cold water, and apply topicals, or if you're not on topicals..do what ever you do ;)

Thanks for your tip, esp the one about not moisturizing the nose. I should start that. It's funny because usually my nose is the msot troubled area of my face, but these past 2 weeks, it's been all over my cheeks, jawline, and temples and I'm so upset.

And exfoliating doesn't seem to do a whole lot for me, although I do it three times a week.

Im replying to all the blackhead forums, I just have to share this news with everyone.

I am 35yrs old - and have suffered from acne since I was 13. I cleared it up with a comination of antibiotics or birthcontrol since my 20's .... but ever since I've had terrible blackheads. I've been using various products with BHA/Salicylic acid since I've read this is supposed to penetrate the oil/blockage within the pore to best exfoliate .... but it didnt really seem very effective.

Last week I started adding equal parts baking soda to my cleanser (Biore Deep Pore) as an exfoliating agent - but the results were surprisingly better. My blackheads are 85% gone! I think the Baking Soda softens the PH level in the cleanser so the BHA is more effective. I also use Apple Cider Vinigar as a toner, to return my skin's PH level to normal (it's also supposed to fade red marks) .... I'm not sure if this is also an important step with the blackhead elimination? My skin seems a little dryer - so I'm starting to use moisterizer (for the first time in my life!) but I am cleansing with this comination both morning and evening .... so I could be overdoing it a little.

I wish I had learned this years ago .... would have prevented so much damage! I hope this helps someone else.