Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proximity

Sunscreen is not a part of the CSR

Sunscreen & CSR  

1. 1. Have you been using sunscreen & what side effects are you having?

• I've been using sunscreen with the regimen and have none/very little side-effects (burning, redness, very dry skin)
    • I've been using sunscreen with the regimen and have moderate/severe side-effects (burning, redness, very dry skin)
    • I HAVEN'T been using sunscreen with the regimen and have none/little side-effects (burning, redness, very dry skin)
    • I HAVEN'T been using sunscreen with the regimen and have moderate/severe side-effects (burning, redness, very dry skin)

Now that I think of it, sunscreen or sunblock are not actually a part of the regimen. The CSR is Wash, Mediacte, Moisturize - it doesn't say anything about a SPF in your moisturiser or a separate sunscreen. Actually I don't even know if Dan uses sunscreen or not. :think:

Are the ingredients that are needed for SPF actually irritating for the skin and therefore induce/prolong regimen side-effects?

This is probably just one of my insane theories, but alot of people that are successful on the reg, don't use sunscreen (as far as I know).

Am I totally wrong here, or perhaps not?

You are right that spf isn't a part of the official Regimen, but we would be in error not to mention that benzoyl peroxide makes your skin more sun sensitive. We strongly recommend everyone use spf or avoid the sun, however, the ultimate decision is up to you.

And some people ARE sensitive to sunscreen ingredients, for those people, zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide can often be tolerated but it is difficult to find a sunscreen with just those ingredients. So sometimes sun avoidance is the best solution.