Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissyG

LETS STOP PICKING FOR GOOD!!!

this is for anyone who just cant stop picking/popping/scratching/whatever

i've had this problem for a while now and i'm ready to stop. its impossible to do this alone. does anyone want to start a ring of people who all want to stop the picking? we could pick a time at night and either chat on a messenger service or in the acne.org chat. we could lend support, keep each other in check, and maybe JUST MAYBE stop the picking once and for all.

who's in?

i'm in. i hve been trying to stop doing this for so long, i have stuck pieces of paper on my mirror and everything, but i always do it... right now, my skin is finally getting better, but i still can't stop popping and am so angry with myself afterwards... i always do this when i am bored or nervous. but i really don't want to continue making my skin worse than it already, so i'm going to stop picking right now. with the exception of pimples with pus in them, because i just can't stand them.

picking can make things worse (possible scarring, more pimples). listen to music or something. get your mind off of it.

picking can make things worse (possible scarring, more pimples). listen to music or something. get your mind off of it.

yeah i know, but i've been doing it for so long that its surprisingly hard to stop. i just think a support group could be the thing to help people like me.

Few days ago a pimple appeared on my cheek and it's still there, it seems to be disappearing but I just cant stop myself to pop it... someone please play mario withe me now :):):):)

hmmm on second thought, maybe this is all too hard to organize. anyone want to just talk to me on messenger or something every night and we can keep each other updated on our progress and give each other encouragement? ONLY PEOPLE WHO HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM AND ARE COMPLETELY READY TO STOP!!!

this is for anyone who just cant stop picking/popping/scratching/whatever

i've had this problem for a while now and i'm ready to stop. its impossible to do this alone. does anyone want to start a ring of people who all want to stop the picking? we could pick a time at night and either chat on a messenger service or in the acne.org chat. we could lend support, keep each other in check, and maybe JUST MAYBE stop the picking once and for all.

who's in?

Hehe I hear you.. Can't stop. Every day I say to myself "DON'T DO IT" but somehow I always do it anyway. Most of the time I just want to feel this and that spot but then I meet a bump with the finger and then there's no turning back :ninja:

I tend to pick if I get nervous or frustrated.. and then I get even more frustrated by the fact that I picked and will continue picking until I tremble and want to scream.

It needs to stop.

I'm in !

Worst case of cysts and bumps on my forehead came out only because I was picking little ones :(

NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE NO MORE and mine (and yours) face will get better !

I tend to pick if I get nervous or frustrated.. and then I get even more frustrated by the fact that I picked and will continue picking until I tremble and want to scream.

It needs to stop.

Im in as well. I think this is a great idea, ive been trying to stop for AGES!! I quoted darkdeeds coz Im exactly the same lol

I stopped popping my zits with my fingers, but I developed a new way of popping them... in the shower! My shower's pressure is pretty heavy so I tend to let it hit my face HARD, specifically a zit. It sounds funny, but maybe other people on this forum do it too. Usually after the shower, I spend 10 minutes with a tissue over the zit to absorb whatever is coming out.

Yeah, seriously guys, don't pick. I hate myself for ever picking. Come to think of it, picking didn't even make me ever feel better. It still felt bad after picking.. because all picking did was make the zit for a scab, which I also continiuosly picked.. then the red mark looked worse afterwards. But, to me, the worst part of it all, is the scarring I have now from every zit I ever popped. I feel horrible when I think about how good my face would look now if I hadn't ever picked. Since I took Accutane my face hasn't been anywhere near as bad as it used to be. If I ddin't pick all I would have is some red marks right now, which make up would cover... and it would look so much better if I didn't have scars.

I have the observation that when i pick at them,they go away much quicker,althought my acne doesent build white heads but small bumps underneath the skin without a head.I remember that when i first got acne i had white heads but with time they disapeard and left red marks and irritations.

so hows everyone doing with this? i admit i still picked today :( but a lot less than usual

what helps me is not looking in the mirror right when i get out of the shower. wait at least 10 minutes before looking in the mirror because a lot of the redness from the shower will go away and you'll be less likely to pick. works for me anyway.

good luck everyone! we can do this!

so hows everyone doing with this? i admit i still picked today :( but a lot less than usual

what helps me is not looking in the mirror right when i get out of the shower. wait at least 10 minutes before looking in the mirror because a lot of the redness from the shower will go away and you'll be less likely to pick. works for me anyway.

good luck everyone! we can do this!

YOU PICKED!? OMFG YOU LOSER!!!! :razz: