Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chance1843

I stopped using BP...

I stopped using the BP, don't need it anymore. My question is, will the dryness that was caused from the BP eventually subside, and how long does this usually take?

I have stop using BP for 3-4 weeks, i am using now ACV mostly and MamaLotion, seems to make good work, today i added Jojoba oil/Green Tea and Alow Vera to see if i will see good results

When I stopped, they dryness went away VERYYYY quickly. I have VERRRRY oily skin, and the BP hardly dried me out at all when I used it.

The thing is though, if it was making you clear, and you stopped, the breakouts can very well come back. That's what happened to me. So I am back on the regimen until I find some other solution.

If you use a low concentration (ie, 2.5%) it won't warp your skin. Neutrogena makes a very mosturizing lotion with spf 15 in it. It makes a world of difference.

hey chance,

congrats on not needing the BP anymore!!

Regarding the dryness, it should subside in time unless the status of your skin has changed. Sometimes our skin goes through changes, sometimes oily then drier as we age.

I've found that SA suits my skin better. So it's not like I quit the BP and am doing nothing with my skin. Thanks for the responses.

SA is very drying. So your continued dryness is very likely due to the SA and not leftover dryness from the BP.

You might consider using a good moisturizer.

My dryness went away pretty quickly after stopping BP. If you are looking to control your dryness( w/ SA or BP ) there are alot of options. For me, jojoba oil did an excellent job eliminating dryness without making my face look really oily.

Ummm i used CSR for a year and the dryness and damage to my skin took months to go away. Now I am breaking out again and may be going on accutane.