Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ErinB510

Zits around mouth

Hi Everyone-

I'm 24 and have recently developed mild/moderate acne around my mouth (right below the corners of my mouth). They start off as little bitty bumps, but if I aggravate it they will turn into larger papules. The rest of my face if fine due to ProActive (12 weeks).

I was previously on ProActive for 5 years and decided that I wasn't acne prone anymore. Big mistake! Within 6 weeks I was a mess. Everything has improved, but I'm still left with these weird little bumps, that flare up on occasion.

Also, they are in clusters of 4-5 on each side.

Thanks for any info!!!!!!!

I'm having the exact same problem.

So yeah, I'll be checking on this thread too.

omggggggggg finnaly someone has the same thing i get the ocasional zit on my checks but around my mounth wen i stretch my skin u can so litlle bumps in cluster of 5 around and then about 1 of the 5 comes to a head then makes a big meessssss i fuckin hate those litlle fuckers .....sorry dont have a cure thow if anyone does hit ous back thanx

This may be a longshot, but maybe try out a totthpaste that does not contain fluoride. Some people can breakout and get those little skin colored bumps due to a reaction from the toothpaste and your saliva (especially at night if you drool).

I had a bunch of those so I switched to Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste and the bumps improved about 80%. There are still some there but they are not out of control anymore. It may be worth a shot.

This may be a longshot, but maybe try out a totthpaste that does not contain fluoride. Some people can breakout and get those little skin colored bumps due to a reaction from the toothpaste and your saliva (especially at night if you drool).

I had a bunch of those so I switched to Tom's of Maine natural toothpaste and the bumps improved about 80%. There are still some there but they are not out of control anymore. It may be worth a shot.

ehehe, yea i got the same shit as you all. Tiny little 'skin colored' bumps around mouth and only squezing skin can reveal them. I bet that they are related to toothpaste/drool. I also bought tom of main's toothpaste and I still get break outs...probably becuae now I only wash with water. But the redness is wayyyyy down. I have been on my regime for bout 2 weeks now.

I can't believe we all have the same thing. Mine turn to larger zits when I start to mess with them. They are so small that I think a little squeez will get rid of it, but it onlt turns it into a larger zit.

Ugg... I will try the toothpaste thing.

omg i got those too, but what really helps if you just dont moisturize them, it dries them out, however if it looks really bad like u have a white line around your mouth, soak it with a lil cold water n it shud get you through your day, it helped me alot almost clear!

The vast majority of my pimples are around my mouth too (not all though)...but they are not small skin colored bumps. They are big red inflamed pimples. Would that be related to flouride toothpaste or no?

The vast majority of my pimples are around my mouth too (not all though)...but they are not small skin colored bumps. They are big red inflamed pimples. Would that be related to flouride toothpaste or no?

I used to have that problem, it would start small and get bigger as time went on. I switched to "Kiss My Face" toothpaste which doesn't have fluoride (here's the link to the fluoride study: http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/allerg...nders-1975.html ), I then rinse my mouth with mouthwash to kill any bacteria (that could possibly cause breakouts) before I head to bed.. this seems to help a bunch.

Let me know if it works for you! Best of luck! :D

I used to think the zits around my mouth were caused by my blanket. It would get really cold in the morning I'd cover up to my lower face. I still do think it's the reason. That or I'm not shaving correctly.

I agree with Ariventa in that you may have developed a sensitivity to fluoride, which can cause breakouts in some people. Try using a flouride rinse instead, which is less-likely to splatter all around your mouth.

hmmm maybe after eating wash your face with warm water around your mouth...it could be oil from foods...in any case hope it gets better for you soon

I think the floride thing what most ppl are getting out is related to a skin dissorder called: POD, or periaial dermities.....i know thats now how you spell it buts its pretty darn close

What it is, is red blemeshis that never go away and it is ONLY around the mouth, except on the upper lip a bit. There might also be redness on the corners of the nose. If you have that, and you feel burning sensations or itchyness, you might have it. I switehc over to an anti-flouride toothpaste and I really can't see a difference but who knows.....my skin went through abuse for bout 1/2 year with me puttin all this steriod crap on so now i need to let it heal for bout 2 months.....

What it is, is red blemeshis that never go away and it is ONLY around the mouth, except on the upper lip a bit. There might also be redness on the corners of the nose. If you have that, and you feel burning sensations or itchyness, you might have it. I switehc over to an anti-flouride toothpaste and I really can't see a difference but who knows.....my skin went through abuse for bout 1/2 year with me puttin all this steriod crap on so now i need to let it heal for bout 2 months.....

If you follow up on the link I posted, you'll see that it affects the cheeks as well.

Regardless, I have noticed a benefit from using nonflouride toothpaste. Give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose (fewer unnatural chemicals in your body can't hurt.. but I would recommend mouth wash.. it helps kill a lot of bacteria in your mouth). I also agree with Ducati749, washing your face around your mouth is a good thing after you eat.. napkins smear food around on your face.. not so fun for acne ;) Good luck! :D

I have a similar thing going on.

Clusters of tiny whitehead near corners of mouth.

I guess you can say, drool line.

If you squeeze them, some white stuff comes out.

When I use Oxy Pads they get red and inflammed.

I've been putting Hydrogen pyroxide on them to keep them under control as well.

This also kinda leaves those areas red and inflammed. I've tried apple cider vineger but that seems to burn to bad and sting, and leaves the skin inflammed as well.

I do drink and smoke, which I heard doesn't help at all.

I tried to not mess with them but if you don't they get bigger.

clusters of white bumps, and looks like infected pores.

I have been battling with this Acne for years.

I started using proactive and it's really helped most of my face but this one area.

plus problem areas near my ears and edge of mouth, nose, and around nose come back from time to time.

I still get these nasty burning itching patches on the corners of my mouth now.

I again try not to squeeze, but if I dont the pustles get bigger and fill with more white

stuff. they sometimes sting, I sometimes wonder if it's HPV. I do have a history of cunninglingus.

I tried not to add anything to my face but they get bigger.

I tried no lotion or creams, and the skin gets ashy and cracked.

Then I have red inflammed sores again that scab over,

I'm desperate, i can't figure it out and it's haunting me for years.

I can't get a date because I feel disgusting.

look in the mirror and there are these nasty red dry cracked patches on the corners of my mouth. right when I think it's healed, they break out and dry and cycle repeats.

2 doctors looked at them, and said it was acne.

Oh yeah, I do have a bad habit of messing with them,

I can't stop squeezing, if I do, it builds up.

and damn does it itch.

oh yeah, and when you put hydrogen pyroxide on them,

the real infected pores or whiteheads become more visible.

they turn white for about 30 minutes..

normal skin surrounding the area doesn't turn white

like the centers if these bumps appear.

sometimes when they get inflammed, they can sweat water.

similar to blister. but it def doesn't look like herpes blisters.

I noticed that spicy foods inflame the area, and so does alcohol.

try drinking a huge glass of ice water before bed if you've been out drinking.

I love spicy foods, and I like to drink beer with it.

So it's hard for me to stay away from them.

and I know it doesn't help.

Why can't my face be normal and I eat whatever I want.

I noticed that spicy foods inflame the area, and so does alcohol.

try drinking a huge glass of ice water before bed if you've been out drinking.

I love spicy foods, and I like to drink beer with it.

So it's hard for me to stay away from them.

and I know it doesn't help.

Why can't my face be normal and I eat whatever I want.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't think I can use those types of horticortisone creams because I may have PERIORIAL DERMATITUS caused from overuse of such creams.

The hydrogen pyroxide is the only thing that seems to control the clusters of whiteheads.

I was almost clear, then saw the bumps get bigger.

So I used an oxypad, and avoided squeezing and they just grew and spread and flared up red and inflammed again. Now they are scabbing over again. I will probaly discontinue to use the oxypads with salysic acid.

The hydrogen pyroxide seems to burn and kill the bad cells or pores. What about diluting that and using that to splash on to face?

I haven't used BP(proactive), in weeks. Nor any creams or lotions.

I will try the toothpaste, and vineger dilution but shouldn't I let the skin fully heal? SCABS?

For some reason, after the scabs come off, the skin underneath is real tender and looks fine for a day or so, then most of the time it drys up like severe eczema, and turns red and cracks bleeds and cycle starts all over. pustules form and expand.

I add hydrogen pyroxide again and it seems to control the infection and swelling.

do you think it could be HPV?

Hi Everyone-

I'm 24 and have recently developed mild/moderate acne around my mouth (right below the corners of my mouth). They start off as little bitty bumps, but if I aggravate it they will turn into larger papules. The rest of my face if fine due to ProActive (12 weeks).

I was previously on ProActive for 5 years and decided that I wasn't acne prone anymore. Big mistake! Within 6 weeks I was a mess. Everything has improved, but I'm still left with these weird little bumps, that flare up on occasion.

Also, they are in clusters of 4-5 on each side.

Thanks for any info!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice.

I don't think I can use those types of horticortisone creams because I may have PERIORIAL DERMATITUS caused from overuse of such creams.

The hydrogen pyroxide is the only thing that seems to control the clusters of whiteheads.

I was almost clear, then saw the bumps get bigger.

So I used an oxypad, and avoided squeezing and they just grew and spread and flared up red and inflammed again. Now they are scabbing over again. I will probaly discontinue to use the oxypads with salysic acid.

The hydrogen pyroxide seems to burn and kill the bad cells or pores. What about diluting that and using that to splash on to face?

I haven't used BP(proactive), in weeks. Nor any creams or lotions.

I will try the toothpaste, and vineger dilution but shouldn't I let the skin fully heal? SCABS?

For some reason, after the scabs come off, the skin underneath is real tender and looks fine for a day or so, then most of the time it drys up like severe eczema, and turns red and cracks bleeds and cycle starts all over. pustules form and expand.

I add hydrogen pyroxide again and it seems to control the infection and swelling.

do you think it could be HPV?

Get off all that stuff. Tell her to stop squeezing them.

gently exfoliate that area. I SAY GENTLY.

Dont do what I did and rub your face raw to scabs.

If you see an individual zit, try a cotton q tip and some hydrogen pyroxide or diluted apple cider vinegar as an astringent,

. warm water on face,

do not pop zits unless it's about to pop on it's own and you can the pus coming out.

dont let it drip everywhere, like previous poster said to not let it kill the healthy tissue. surrounding it.. but gently hold the q-tip with h202

on the zit(s) for a few seconds. it should turn white. wash it off good. the whiteness will go away in 30 minutes, but if you add too much it could cause your skin to scab up,

then I just moisturize with cocoa butter.

That is at least what works best for me.

I do think I have acne dysmorphia.

And am trying hard to not look in mirror and mess with face.

the more I mess with it and add to much face stuff, (what triggered my perioriol dermatitis)

creams, cortisone, BP, glycolic acid, and whatever I could find.

too much petroleum based stuff like neosporin or lip chap products.

too much squeezing the germs deeper into my skin forming cysts that don't go away and scar.

also, get tested for HPV and herpes because they could be causing strange growths.

i'm almost 95% sure I don't have genital herpes, but I'm 95% sure I carry some kind of HPV

because I have a wart on my arm and had warts when I was younger.

yeah, bought my daughter toothpaste with no fluoride and SLS free. No difference. Still has the problem.