Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cooldude84

New to forum

Ive had acne for about 4 years now, Im 18 and in the past 2 years its been getting worse and worse. Ive tried a lot of OTC treatments even proactiv and none of it really worked too well. I want to start the CSR treatment soon but would like to know a little more about it before I begin. I tried the CSR before, but I didn't really follow the instructions like I should have.

could someone recommend a few products to use and maybe go over your morning and night routine so I can better understand.

thanks, mike

Well, when I was doing CSR I did everything as/when Dan described. Personally I didn't use as much BP gel as Dan because it made me face super dry and flaky. I tried a few moisterizers and ended up liking jojoba oil the best. For everything else, I just used the products recommended( which right now is CSR gel, CSR cleanser, and whatever moisterizer you want). If you want to do CSR again just read http://www.acne.org/regimen-instructions.html

and follow that as closely as possible.

What???

meaning have you tried to treat the cause of the problem rather than treating the effect?

You can try the CSR again, but I don't think it's the best way to go about treating acne. It doesn't include the use of an exfoliant and encourages moisturizing oily areas, which most dermatologists will say increases the risk of clogged pores and hinders normal skin function.

What do you mean that you didn't follow the CSR exactly? Did you use products other than those recommended? Did you use products that weren't oil-free or those that weren't labeled "non-comedogenic" (which doesn't mean a thing because such claims are not regulated by the FDA)?