Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

Okay so I caved and got accutane...

I heard that eating a fatty diet while on accutane increases absorbtion of the drug, so dairy is probaably good to eat... I know alot of you guys are anti-accutane, but I really want this to work, I'm so sick of thinking every little thing I eat or do could contribute to a breakout. I have learned alot on this forum though, I learned that for me, milk causes breakouts and, funnily enough avocados seem to break me out as well, it's too bad cause I love them. I dont undertsnad why they would make me break out :(:(:(. I'm guessing I should eat lots of meat, and nuts... I'm going to take omega 3-6-9 pills with my tane pill, and also vitamin E and D... do you think that taking a B-complex would be okay? I was thinking about craigy's theory on biotin and accutane and that the b-complex might suppress the results? Anyway, haha I guess I have turned over to the dark side guys, dont know if I'm doing the right thing, cause I know it's going to be HELL for t he first few months :(... wish me luck I guess. YOu guys are awesome. I'll be doign the liver flushes after accutane probabaly hahah, gotta getmy liver back into good shape after.

I would eat whatever the hell I wanted if I was on accutane, to make sure it was doing its job, but thats just me. Good luck tdot

I heard that eating a fatty diet while on accutane increases absorbtion of the drug, so dairy is probaably good to eat... I know alot of you guys are anti-accutane, but I really want this to work, I'm so sick of thinking every little thing I eat or do could contribute to a breakout. I have learned alot on this forum though, I learned that for me, milk causes breakouts and, funnily enough avocados seem to break me out as well, it's too bad cause I love them. I dont undertsnad why they would make me break out :(:(:(. I'm guessing I should eat lots of meat, and nuts... I'm going to take omega 3-6-9 pills with my tane pill, and also vitamin E and D... do you think that taking a B-complex would be okay? I was thinking about craigy's theory on biotin and accutane and that the b-complex might suppress the results? Anyway, haha I guess I have turned over to the dark side guys, dont know if I'm doing the right thing, cause I know it's going to be HELL for t he first few months :(... wish me luck I guess. YOu guys are awesome. I'll be doign the liver flushes after accutane probabaly hahah, gotta getmy liver back into good shape after.

you don't know it will be hell for the first few months. besides slightly dry lips i have no side effects, and no IB.

if changing your diet worked you wouldn't be on accutane so If I were you I would feel free to drink milk and eat what you want (in moderation of course, you don't want to have clear skin but be a fatty) and let the accutane take care of your skin.

Good Luck!

and don't worry, trying accutane doesn't mean you turned over to the dark side. you tried diet and that didn't work so now your just trying something else. Hopefully it will work for you, I'm sure it will.

Dairy isn't the only type of food that contains fat. The kind of fat in dairy isn't really the kind of fat you'd want to eat a lot of anyway. there are other much healthier fats, like the monounsaturated fats found in olives (olive oil) and avacados.......even better are the polyunsaturated fats found in flax, nuts, and fish, etc.

I take my accutane with 2 tbsp (29g) of an oil blend called Udo's choice to make sure I get enough healthy fats in my diet while I'm on Accutane to lessen some of the side effects and keep my blood lipids nice and low......I take an omega-3 supplement with DHA and EPA in it on the days I'm not eating sardines or salmon......but other than that I'm not taking any supplements.....I may add Vitamin E but I'm lazy and keep forgetting to pick some up........

You can take your pill with breakfast lunch or dinner, as long as it has some fat in it to help with the absorbtion.........

I'm at the end of my first month.....It's not hell at all......

I heard that eating a fatty diet while on accutane increases absorbtion of the drug

More precisely - taking your dose with a good source of fat greatly increases your absorption. Your whole diet doesn't need to be fatty. If milk causes breakouts for you, don't drink it! Milk isn't the best fat choice anyway. Go with unsaturated fats like the ones in avocado, olive oil, nuts, and oily fish like salmon.

Awww thanks guys you are awesome!!! Labgirl, glad to hear it's not hell! I've been kinda lurking on your accutane log hahah... yours and Time4slefesteem since you both started not too long ago. I hope all goes well for everyone. Yeah the diet didnt work, all it was doing was making me lose weight, and that just made me feel like crap, so I'm zity and too skinny, ugh hate that combination haha.

Well the regular milk that most people drink is not healthy anyway... so I personally wouldn't drink it even if it didn't break me out. And if it does break you out, that's basically your body saying it doesn't like it. Raw organic milk is healthy, but not many people have access to it.

Anyway I hope Accutane works for you and I hope you don't get too many side-effects...

Well the regular milk that most people drink is not healthy anyway... so I personally wouldn't drink it even if it didn't break me out. And if it does break you out, that's basically your body saying it doesn't like it. Raw organic milk is healthy, but not many people have access to it.

Anyway I hope Accutane works for you and I hope you don't get too many side-effects...

YEah, I cant believe how long it took me to realize that dairy breaks me out :( It sucks cause I love cheese. I was at a wedding two weeks ago and the bride loves cheese so like every meal had cheese on it!! I HAD to eat it other wise I would have starved, but low and behold a week later I get two BIG undergrounders. I try to kill them with BP lol, I hope they dont pop up. But anyway, it just goes to show what certain foods can do to people. I watch people and what they eat sometimes... if my sister eats alot of sugar she will break out later that week. It's kinda funny. I never associated the two before I started breaking out badly. I guess dieting helped a little, but only to an extent, I think the rest is all about wacked out hormones... :( After accutane I am going to try and control my hormones with evening primrose and lecithin (sp?) I am hearing good things about that stuff. Maybe I can take it while on accutane?

It is normal/ok about suger that your sister break out... Remember SKIN ENEMY NUMBER 1# SUGER!!! ^_^

YEah, I cant believe how long it took me to realize that dairy breaks me out :( It sucks cause I love cheese. I was at a wedding two weeks ago and the bride loves cheese so like every meal had cheese on it!! I HAD to eat it other wise I would have starved, but low and behold a week later I get two BIG undergrounders. I try to kill them with BP lol, I hope they dont pop up. But anyway, it just goes to show what certain foods can do to people. I watch people and what they eat sometimes... if my sister eats alot of sugar she will break out later that week. It's kinda funny. I never associated the two before I started breaking out badly. I guess dieting helped a little, but only to an extent, I think the rest is all about wacked out hormones... :( After accutane I am going to try and control my hormones with evening primrose and lecithin (sp?) I am hearing good things about that stuff. Maybe I can take it while on accutane?

Guest Stu :-)

TDOT.......

ACCUTANTE.....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ''AAA

nah good luck on the gear, junky you..

:D