Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest tvirus_outbreak

I don't think I want to have children

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I'm probably too young to be worrying about this now, but I feel like I just don't want to have children when I get older. There's too much work involved. I have a much younger brother and sister and I've seen the stuff my parents go through looking after them. I just don't think I'd be able to handle that much work. And I don't want to be responsible for screwing up someone else's life. Then there's the risk of having a child that's autistic or has some other bad disability. I've heard a few stories about parents killing their autistic children.

Nothing wrong with not wanting kids, but who knows whats gonna happen to us all later in life. You may change your mind.. Almost every parent says that they don't think they'll be able to cope or that they'll screw up their child's life, and well, some do, but the majority make good parents. As for killing autistic children? that's disgusting. I can't believe anyone could do something like that. If they really don't want to have them they could have them adopted or put into a children's home, not ideal but better than murdering them. That's pretty screwed. Anyway why are you worry about this kind of thing now, your 13 right? Just worry about every day as it comes for now, no need to be plannin out ya whole future eh ;)

I love children a lot even though I'm a guy and still 19...

Problem is getting a wife with all my acne problems :(

But imagine when you are 50s or 60s.... will you regret not having kids? Not having someone taking care of you?

Children can be nightmare, but they can also be a joy.

But it's still way off in the future.. hopefully you'll change your mind by then :)

tvirus, those are the exact reasons my boyfriend doesn't want kids, and he's 24.

I really wish I could explain to him that he won't screw them up and everything would be fine..... mostly since now he has a strong family base (mine). You would be fine too!

When I get to be 30 or so and he still hasn't changed his mind, I will reconsider being with him, so hopefully he'll reconsider not wanting them as well.

I think I always knew I didn't want any kids. My mother made it very plain that we ruined her life. Guess that made me decide right then and there. I was 33 before I could convince my doc to tie my tubes. Lucky for me tho I sort of have a kid. My step-son who I have known since he was 5. He didn't come to live with us until he was 13. But is was almost like having one without the stretch marks.. lol

And, his mother screwed him up :eh:

Hey, it's your choice. I know someone that is happily married and by choice, decided not to have children... so it's a personal choice. However, it makes me sad when I see those that can't have children and really want to have!

I LOVE children and I know that when I'll get married, I'll wanna have some. Well, luckily...my boyfriend also loves children and we wanna have 10! :shock::lol:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I can't have children, and that's okay with me.

:comfort:

Guest ThereIsHope

I can see what you're saying. Children can be the hardest thing the WORLD. I know because I come from a family of 6 kids, 2 of which have fetal alcohol syndrome because we adopted them and their birth mother drank. My 9 year old little brother is mentally about 3 or 4 and will be for the rest of his life. My parents will have to take care of him until they die, or until either me or one of my other 4 sisters take him in. Both of them have SEVERE ADHD, and my life is a living zoo! However, no MATTER how difficult it can be, I love both of them more than anything in the world and will take care of them if anything should ever happen to my parents. My parents decision to adopt them has convinced me 100% that I want to adopt kids, even if they have severe problems like my siblings. Sure, things could get really tough, but the thought that i'm helping these children who don't have any other chances in the world or anyone else to love them makes it all worth while. Even if I don't get married I will adopt. And I plan on marrying someone who wants to adopt with me. If he doesnt, I won't date him. Its something I have to do in my life. Guaranteed.

Amen to that!!! I would never in a million years want kids. The world is overpopulated as it is and i sure as hell don't want to add to it.

It would be nice if people realized that we are not an endengered species and that there is no need to reproduce like rats.

I can see what you're saying. Children can be the hardest thing the WORLD. I know because I come from a family of 6 kids, 2 of which have fetal alcohol syndrome because we adopted them and their birth mother drank. My 9 year old little brother is mentally about 3 or 4 and will be for the rest of his life. My parents will have to take care of him until they die, or until either me or one of my other 4 sisters take him in. Both of them have SEVERE ADHD, and my life is a living zoo! However, no MATTER how difficult it can be, I love both of them more than anything in the world and will take care of them if anything should ever happen to my parents. My parents decision to adopt them has convinced me 100% that I want to adopt kids, even if they have severe problems like my siblings. Sure, things could get really tough, but the thought that i'm helping these children who don't have any other chances in the world or anyone else to love them makes it all worth while. Even if I don't get married I will adopt. And I plan on marrying someone who wants to adopt with me. If he doesnt, I won't date him. Its something I have to do in my life. Guaranteed.

You are a real inspiration :clap:

iam 28 and i would love to have a couple of kids!

i think i would make a good father,but sadly my acne and psychological problems associated with it mean i have little chance of getting a woman to bear me kids :(

I have no desire whatsoever to have children. I said it when I was twelve and I'm stilling saying it nearly eleven years later. I don't think I would be a terrible parent, I just don't want children. It's a personal preference.

If I ever get married, that's something that my husband would have to accept about me.

Amen to that!!! I would never in a million years want kids. The world is overpopulated as it is and i sure as hell don't want to add to it.

It would be nice if people realized that we are not an endengered species and that there is no need to reproduce like rats.

well actually we are an ageing population and in some countries i.e mine (australia) there is a big need for more people. to many people deciding not to have kids can have major repercussions on society as it is at the moment. people have to stay in the workforce longer, less people working means weaker economies.

there is a massive trend these days for people not wanting kids. im 19 and i couldnt imagine my life without having a family. honestly if you dont have kids then what purpose is there in your life, unless you ahve a very meaningful job or something basically your hole life would be centered around material values. i cant wait to finish uni get a good job get married and start a family. family is the most important thing in life imo

Guest Sincerely_Me

I want children, and they are wonderful, but I can't for the life of me imagine what it feels like the be a parent, all the love and all. I look forward to that, but for some reason, I can't wrap my head areound it.

Your decision is your decision. It may change or it may not, but don't let it change because someone forced you to or told you that you were wrong. It's cool that you're comfortable speaking your mind.

p.s. Ral_Azir that was the awesomest thing I've heard all day. I will be 26 in a few weeks - you are 100% correct.

If i ever was thinkin about havin kids i would probably adopt like ThereIsHope said.Theres Millions of kids needin homes and all that pish people talk about rather having their own genes in their kids n stuff is bull IMO :snooty:

I'm the last male of my line so I hope to have a boy before it's all said and done. I wouldn't be upset if it was a girl though. So, yes, I do wanna have kids... but not for awhile.

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I have one brother and one sister. My sister is 6 and she has Down Syndrome and my brother is turning 2 and he has epilepsy. I think taking care of them is a big enough experience for me.

Just take it one step at a time. maybe you'll find a guy that you really love later in life and you're opinion will change.

Yes that could happen. But I don't think that two males can produce offspring :think: