Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wadsthepointofliving

Who else here has turned to self mutilation

Its come to a stage where i have given up, looking at myself in the mirror fustrates me beyond reason.Lately i've been finding pleasure in pain, it makes me feel like im in control.Anyone else here's like me?Not saying its a good thing though

I don't cut but I suppose the way I used to pick at my face relates to this a bit. Whenever I'd look in the mirror I'd just end up hacking away at my skin, even though I was very aware of the damage it would cause. For that short moment it made me feel better, but then afterwards I always felt like shit. I also used to find myself digging my nails into my skin just to see how deep they'll go before it starts to hurt, that was pretty dumb. Now I just try and keep away from the mirror when I'm feeling like I might do some damage to my skin from seeing it so bad. Ever thought of finding a hobby or joining a self defense class or something to try to take your mind of it? I know it sounds pretty dumb but maybe it would help you to feel more in control so that you don't have to take your feelings out on your body by harming it. I dunno, can't really hurt to try. Be careful =]

I punched the walls till my knuckles bled, so i started punching air-but theres really no kick in that.Ive been running sharp objects thru my skin and for some sadistic reason the pain makes me feel better.

You should get into amateur boxing. It will suit you well. The way you look won't matter and you will be able to relieve the stress in your life. It doesn't matter if you are a boy or a girl, boxing will leave you with no energy to mutilate yourself. You say you like to punch walls. How about punching others and being able to get away with it? I recommend boxing over karate and other MMA's because those things are more fitness related and you won't be able to go full contact like you would in boxing. Case closed.

:ninja:

Guest tvirus_outbreak

I punched the walls till my knuckles bled, so i started punching air-but theres really no kick in that.Ive been running sharp objects thru my skin and for some sadistic reason the pain makes me feel better.

Self-harm gives you a feeling of self-control.

I agree with necromancer. Maybe give it a try? That way you can focus your anger and pain into something that isn't damaging. If it gets you out of the house for a while then that's all time that you could have been in self-harming. So it's all good :angel:

tvirus! i love chiaki kuriyama!! anyway, wadsthepoint... I have a friend who does the same thing, i see scratches all over him and he lies about where he gets them... it really worries me, please dont take this too far, your skin will get better....

Guest tvirus_outbreak

easily the best scene ever

She would have won. Beatrix just got lucky. A table leg with several nails sticking out of it. How convenient!

I'm a cutter - I haven't done it in 5 months and have no plans to in the near future, but I am a cutter. Its not something that ever leaves you, its something you have to get into perspective and control. I've only ever cut for 2 reasons - first one being when I am very depressed and feeling dead inside.. cutting makes me feel alive again. Second reason is for attention. I'm not afraid to admit that I have cut for attention, when I was feeling unloved and desperate. Its not something I'm proud of, but it happened. If you are a cutter I urge you to confide in someone you trust about what you do, because I know that I for one have been so much better since I admitted to my fiance what I do. It does help :)

Guest been13years

I used to cut myself, like age 17-22. It's way too easy to get caught up in it and one day, one particularly heinous day when you feel really alone, to try and take it too far. I really hope anyone here who cuts gets help or at least lets a loved one know what's going on. When I did it it was always just an extended prelude to thinking about suicide.

I'm not afraid to admit that I have cut for attention, when I was feeling unloved and desperate.

What happened that made you feel that way?

Never done it, or properly thought about doing it. But I can really understand why someone would want to do it.

I doubt any of u will understand how im feeling, from clear skin with 1 pimple to whole cheeks covered acne(almost severe) in 3 months.And the best part-because of accutane.I was totally helpless and just watched myself gettin disfigured.Ive thought of sucide so many times but it would totally devastate my mom, so now im just gonna live not for my own sake but for hers.And since my body isint cooperative, well heck im gonna pay it back.Just curious will a broken knuckle heal by itself?Ive been punching the walls and my last 3 knuckles have swelled up and turned blue black about 3 times the size of a normal knuckle

You have a serious problem. See a psychologist.

What, so they can humour them with some cognitive behavioral therapy that does nothing, unless you allow yourself to become some programmed drone with a computer like memory base. SENSING ANGER---DIVERT ADRENAL HORMONES WITH CUE WORD---POSITIVE THOUGHTS---HMMMM, SERENITY.

Doc says: You'll need atleast 35 sessions with me, then i'll give you the shits and you'll lose faith in Psychologists, only to return to another branch of the science about 12 months later, and book into another quack who'll yet again diagnose you based off of some study done in the 40's when it was still ethical to zap monkeys and prod children.

Oh, but they might be able to recover some of the sub-conscious positivity from the Intel chip the previous Psych. inserted in your dome.

I wanted to respond to this earlier, sorry for jumping in so late.

1) Therapy helps some people, 4th World. Not everyone - but some. Just because it didn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

Conversly, just because it worked for me doesn't mean it will work for Sweetie Pie.

But it is an option, and options are of dire importance in these situations.

2) Wads, it's unlikely you'll end up in a mental hospital unless you are activley trying to kill yourself. Places like that are stretched as it is.

Don't ever be afraid to seek help because you are afraid of what could happen. The ONLY thing that happens when you don't seek help - either through friends, here, or proffesionally - is that you get sicker.

((hugs for the whole thread))))

I had got so pissed off one day that the acne my forhead and chin wouldnt go away that I kept paseing back and forth punching walls and not smiling for hours. I was using retin-A and washing my fase morning and night for ten seconds gently. Now im gonna take accutane to see if it works.

post-47754-1159557110_thumb.jpg

post-47754-1159557110_thumb.jpg

Punching pillows might be a safer option, although I get the temptation to want to hit something. :)

BTW - lookin' good in that picture. Glad you decided to start smiling - you have a great smile!

i got mad and accidently broke a window. now that was stupid (and i got the scar to prove it!!). now i look at it before i get mad. lesson learned :D .

lol - I did something like that once, Guy! When my friend Mikki died, I went outside and punched the brick wall. Damn near broke my knuckles. I just remember how much it sucked to work with a gimpy hand for the next two weeks, and suddenly, pillows sound better. :)

maybe u should look into getting a tattoo i use to self mutilate all the time me and my boys we all have matchin scars haha but there wwas some sort of vanity in to it dont jusdt go destroying your body now...

maybe u should look in to skate boarding ? rollerblading ? a sport where there's always something new to get hurt tryin and gain acomplishment when u learn ;)

but if your thoughts border suicidal i think u should talk with some good friends or parents work it out