Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad ID

Is this severe ?

I'm suffering from acne since I was 13, now I'm almost 20.

Things haven't changed much, my skin is abnormal oily (I have a layer of oily on my forehead after 3-4 hours) and the wors part is I get BIG BIG bumps (you can see on the photo one very bad).

The rest of the face is very good, full of acne but NO RED ONES, it's look like I don't have acne.

Is my acne severe or mild? Last time i went to the derms she gave me creme called skinoren, and after differin and it did NOTHING, only made everything more red so I quit going

I cant stand this any more, 7 years already :-((( I will go to another derm next week. What about antibiotics, or accutane? Is there anything I could do to stop this big "under surface" acne ?

Thanks

Picture is in attachment

post-10123-1159432586_thumb.jpg

post-10123-1159432586_thumb.jpg

it seems u have slightly inflammatory acne.

if i were u just go on accutane and get it over with, u won't even breakout that bad seeings as thought your acne is only moderate. 3 months and u'll be clear which is quicker than wasting ur time and money on any other shit like creams and all that useless shit...accutane's the way to go

Looks moderate.

How long did you use the Differin for? It takes a pretty long time to really kick in, you might want to give it another try. And ease into it - if you get red and irritated, don't use it for a day or two until your skin has recovered. You can gradually increase the frequency until you are using it daily.

I wouldn't call it severe, but I wouldn't call it moderate either. When people start getting big inflammed pimples, that breaks the line of "normal".

The only reason I wouldn't call it severe is because I've seen much worse, but some of those people deserve a "Uber-severe" catagory. :P

I can't stand this anymore. It kills my self confidence. I can't even control my body :-(

Tomorrow I'm going to the derm again (another one).

I will aks for roaccutane, if she gives me only some cream I will say no tkanks, byebye.

Because I know they cant work on my forehead. I dont have oily skin (forehead and nose), I have UBER MEGA terribly oily skin. Accutane is the only cure in the world that can help.

All I want is to be a normal young man, is this to much to ask ?

I used differin for 2 months (2x a day), all the sport that were red before became red times 3 !! And new bumps kept comming.

Differing and alike stuff never again !

I can't stand this anymore. It kills my self confidence. I can't ever control my body :-(

Tomorrow I'm going to the derm again (another one).

I will aks for roaccutane, if she gives me only some cream I will say no tkanks, byebye.

Because I know they cant work on my forehead. I dont have oily skin (forehead and nose), I have UBER MEGA terribly oily skin. Accutane is the only cure in the world that can help.

All I want is to be a normal young man, is this to much to ask ?

I used differin for 2 months (2x a day), all the sport that were red before became red times 3 !! And new bumps kept comming.

Man try CSR gel. I've had same type of acne that you have. I've been using Differin for more than 3 months without improvement. Now I've been using CSR gel for almost a month and my forehead is almost clear :dance:

CSR = Clear Skin Regimen, go to main page of acne.org for more info.

However, if differin didn't work then I doubt CSR will, but I guess its worth a shot.

i would say it's severe. have you tried an antibiotic? they work well to get rid of those inflamed cysts. My forehead used to be pretty bad but after months of retin A and antibiotics it was completely clear. (see gallery)

Accutane will also do the trick but, I would try an antibiotic first as well as something stronger than differin, like Retin A or Tazorac.

In my eyes its serious since i never had acne to that extent.In my opinion docs should prescribe RetinA-see for couple of months if that doesnt work ,straight to accutane.Unfort. that doesnt happen.

i would say it's severe. have you tried an antibiotic? they work well to get rid of those inflamed cysts. My forehead used to be pretty bad but after months of retin A and antibiotics it was completely clear. (see gallery)

Accutane will also do the trick but, I would try an antibiotic first as well as something stronger than differin, like Retin A or Tazorac.

Problem is I cant just go and buy antibiotics, right? I have to talk the derm to give me.

Tomorrow is the big day, I cant wait to see what will he give me.

After 7 years of acne I will start to pray every night from today till they go away

I wouldn't call it severe, but I wouldn't call it moderate either. When people start getting big inflammed pimples, that breaks the line of "normal".

Moderate doesn't mean "normal" - the term exists just for cases like this that aren't severe but aren't mild either. If you look at the picture, only a few of the lesions are nodular, the rest are papular and there is some hyperpigmentation from old lesions. Severe acne is a hell of a lot worse than that, that's not even on the moderate/severe cusp.

Problem is I cant just go and buy antibiotics, right? I have to talk the derm to give me.

Tomorrow is the big day, I cant wait to see what will he give me.

After 7 years of acne I will start to pray every night from today till they go away

yes, you have to get antibiotics from the derm.

IMHO - there is no way that is severe. It is moderate. Mine was worse than that and still wasn't classifid as severe, just moderate/severe. Try to google severe acne to see what it looks like. I think of it as the kind of acne where you can see more acne than face and the bumps are cystic/nodular in nature. I think some people here get very anxious about what turns out to be pretty mild acne so they think that anything worse than theirs is severe - its not. Best of luck anyway...

No its definitely moderate. But since you have had acne since 13 and your now 20, I say just go for Accutane and get it done with.

If in 7 years you couldn't find the appropriate creams or anti-biotics to get a handle of your acne, then maybe Accutane is the way to go.

This is it. No more acne, 7 years is to long to have acne that bad.

I'll wisit the derm and ask for antibiotics or !accutane! next week, monday probably.

I have another question.

What about liver and acne? I've never done liver cleaning. Will my acne get better if I do it ?

Looks like a good candidate for Clear skin regimen. You might want to give it ago.

yepp. I used to have that type of acne. Proper using of BP and moisturizer helped me out a lot.

you guys SERIOUSLY suggest for BP for cysts?

They won't penetrate the pore.

Second, bp is not anti-inflammatory..the main problem of acne. it only kills bacteria. It will just make the red spots linger, givin the pizza look.

I seriously don't think that inflammatory acne like his should be treated with Bp...

accutane? topical antibiotics, antibiotics, and retin-a? maybe...

I have a question.

Is the acne showed on the foto worth an accutane treatment? What about antibiotics? Will they generate complete remission in some instances as accutane?