Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User15978

anyone notice that mineral makeup (EM) is drying their face

im using EM, and i have noticed that its drying my face. duno starting to get worried

What formula are you using? I also noticed that you're using both ACV and aloe vera gel. ACV helps control your oil very well and using aloe vera gel isn't very moisturizing. It wasn't for me at least. You might want to try a different moisturizer. I highly doubt the minerals are making your face drier.

I think almost all of the mineral makeups will dry you a little bit. In fact, in all the research I've been doing for myself, I noticed that one maker even noted on their web site that if you are used to using a moisturizing formula of makeup, that you should be prepared to use a good moisturizer under your mineral makeup - or you will experience drying.

So - yes - find yourself a good moisturizer, put it on under your makeup - and let it dry completely before applying any mineral makeup. I need to moisturize more since starting on mineral makeup - even though I can be quite oily by nature (weird huh?)

Just my 2 cents.

i agree with LM 06. i have never had trouble with dryness except in the very beginning of csr. then i had not seen dryness or flakiness for about 6 months and that is when i started to use mineral makeup. i then had lots of flakes and dry skin, but nothing i couldnt solve with a good moisturizer.

Nope no dryness here but very very oily after 4 hours but with the help of Finishing powder my face looks matte all day!!