Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkangel

SCAB won't fall off!

I did a TCA cross using 100%. On one scar, I put too much of the tca and it left a harder scab than the other 3 scars i treated. It's a hard, crusty scab that has been on my cheek for about three weeks now! I wouldn't dare pick it or force it off in any way, but i was wondering if you'd have any suggestions on helping my wound heal faster. I am already applying neosporin to it day and night. Maybe I should try an alcohol solution? please help. thanks

i remember reading that the longer the scab stays on the better the healed skin would be...

This is true, I wouldn't try to dissolve the scab at all because you want it to heal completely. Unless it looks infected I wouldn't even put neosporin on it since it is pretty hard as you say. I doubt the neosporin would penetrate and it will just make it fall off prematurely. I would focus on the inside out by taking vitamins and exercising to improve your circulation and heal faster!

darkangel, leave them alone!

The longer they stay, the better. Last time I did it, my scabs stayed for 2 weeks and they were thin scabs. I didn't put anything this time, not even cp's and they stayed and stayed.

Let them stay there until they fall naturally.