Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allblkaudi

does accutane slow healing???

does accutane make the healing process slower??? i have heard of people getting zits and they heal fast when on it... how come i have had the same ones for ever now, and they dont show any signs of leaving? :evil::wall:

yup.....

I'm surprized you haven't read that before.

Acctuane slows healing and prevents any active acne from going away.

That's why you're not supposed to pop or pick at all while on accutane, since it won't heal and will just scar later on in the corse!

sorry to be the one to tell you :(

damnit, does neosporin help at all?

and are you saying that im gonna look this crappy until the end of my treatment ??? :( does it slow healing or stop healing, im confused

It usually takes people at least 2-3 months to start seeing results, but for many it's longer. So you'll have to be patient, but hang in there. Accutane makes you skin more sensitive so yes they will take longer to heal.

I have seen results... no new zits are forming... and the one that did form while i was on it went away in like 2 days... but the ones i had previously to taking it are STILL there from 3 weeks ago >:(

I have seen results... no new zits are forming... and the one that did form while i was on it went away in like 2 days... but the ones i had previously to taking it are STILL there from 3 weeks ago >:(

I have not see any improvement in almost two months. Maybe a tiny bit recently but nothing to go cheering about. I had a horrible initial breakout

Early in the course new acne will often heal much faster than normal. After you've been on it for awhile the healing response slows. This is because Accutane slows the division of fast-dividing cells like the ones inside the pores that clog them with shed cells - that's how it clears the pores, by regulating that shedding. But it's not targetted to just those cells, it also slows down healing because healing involves fast dividing cells, and it causes birth defects because it interferes with the fast division of fetal cells in early pregnancy.