Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coco commando

SO INSECURE ABOUT MY FACE ANYONE ELSE??

Man is it just me or is evryone else like me man i dont even have bad acne just like once in a while i get one then try to pop it and then leave a red mark i mostley just have red marks ..but man am i ever insecure about my face its not even funny i dont even go out to clubs anymore and sometimes mis hockey games watts with that and my skin isint even that bad do u think other people think that my skin is bad thats always my problem .like im really good looking nice body and evreything is perfect exept 4 my dammmm skin..so is there anyone else who fells this way ?

yes, but thats how it always starts out. I freaked out wiht just a few pimples..never thought anything else of it...never worried or nothin. Then, i kept on poping one a day or once a week. But that shits piles up, coupled with my uncleanlieness of that time. Now, I am screwed, with white heads by my mouth, who come and go as they please. I eventually figured I have periaial dermities, so I'm doin nothin except dunkin my head in water. I think its working, but I have been wrong before.....about 50 times before over acne.

the best way I think to go about it is just to accept the fact that your skin is not up to par. For you, your skin probably is, but mine isn't. I go around school accepting that fact that my chin area looks like a train wreck, even though it isnt probably that bad. The sooner you accept, i guarentee stuff will likely go away, but I've been wrong again! lMAO.

In a pessimistic way, the lower your expectations are, you can't ever be dissapointed! I used to come home from school every day and look in the mirror and say damn, and I still dont have a GF. Now, I come home saying, WTF is wrong with my face!

--Never thought this shit would happen to me, but I sorta am accetping the fact that I am....well....ugly for the first time in a while (i'm 17). Sucks, but what are you gonna do about it, exept put more shit on your face that they WANT you to put on. Turns out, it was that shit that I put on my face every day that made it worse( I used my bro's topical stuff). So, don't pick :naughty: , be cool with it :cool: and then once in a while, feel free to listen to some of this :boohoo: cause it makes one feel better.

yes, but thats how it always starts out. I freaked out wiht just a few pimples..never thought anything else of it...never worried or nothin. Then, i kept on poping one a day or once a week. But that shits piles up, coupled with my uncleanlieness of that time. Now, I am screwed, with white heads by my mouth, who come and go as they please. I eventually figured I have periaial dermities, so I'm doin nothin except dunkin my head in water. I think its working, but I have been wrong before.....about 50 times before over acne.

the best way I think to go about it is just to accept the fact that your skin is not up to par. For you, your skin probably is, but mine isn't. I go around school accepting that fact that my chin area looks like a train wreck, even though it isnt probably that bad. The sooner you accept, i guarentee stuff will likely go away, but I've been wrong again! lMAO.

In a pessimistic way, the lower your expectations are, you can't ever be dissapointed! I used to come home from school every day and look in the mirror and say damn, and I still dont have a GF. Now, I come home saying, WTF is wrong with my face!

--Never thought this shit would happen to me, but I sorta am accetping the fact that I am....well....ugly for the first time in a while (i'm 17). Sucks, but what are you gonna do about it, exept put more shit on your face that they WANT you to put on. Turns out, it was that shit that I put on my face every day that made it worse( I used my bro's topical stuff). So, don't pick :naughty: , be cool with it :cool: and then once in a while, feel free to listen to some of this :boohoo: cause it makes one feel better.

ya man thanx a lot dude but man does fuckin acne suck the balls right off of u a .. hey wats periaial dermities? man i only get acne around my mouth so maybe i have it to? thanx dude l8ta

I'm like you. Ripped, attractive, not that bad of acne, still get alot of attention from girls but my acne pisses me off like I don't think they really care cause it's not severe, but I care immensely which has led to me being a player instead of being able to hold on to a gf, cuz I'm always wondering if my gf is embarassed to be around me. As a player, I know they are with me for the reason that they find me attractive so it's easier...I'd love to not be a player and settle down though :P.

if according to you, your skin isnt that bad then people will think your skin looks better. we are our own worst critic.

I dont think I spelled it right the first time....here it is thnaks to google:

perioral dermatitis

If you had like red spots or faded blemished constantly around your mouth/chin area and you put a lot of...say Benzerial peroxide (BP) or some other junk other than soap and water...you may have it but I don't want to say for sure cause acne is a bitch and a fat one that engulfs everyone differently.

that being said....here are some pics of some sorry souls:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...itis&tab=wi

point being, people don't like zits (no shit) and to look at zits on your date, gf, bf or whatever, I think is just simply unattractive. For some its good cause you both have it and u share a 'cute' sympathy for one another, but seriously, acne can make or break you.

---don't know how it could make you, but whatever

--Never thought this shit would happen to me, but I sorta am accetping the fact that I am....well....ugly for the first time in a while (i'm 17).

You're not "ugly" because you have a few zits on your face.

I think everyone is self-critical -- they judge themselves much harsher than they would others. I am sure that people aren't looking at you, saying OMG look at his skin!

I know it is hard to fight this insecurity, but don't start not doing things b/c of it. If anything, push your boundaries and see if you can go out more. Just please don't be so hard on yourself b/c I am sure that you a good person that deserves to go out and have fun, just like the rest of us.

I'm like you. Ripped, attractive, not that bad of acne, still get alot of attention from girls but my acne pisses me off like I don't think they really care cause it's not severe, but I care immensely which has led to me being a player instead of being able to hold on to a gf, cuz I'm always wondering if my gf is embarassed to be around me. As a player, I know they are with me for the reason that they find me attractive so it's easier...I'd love to not be a player and settle down though :P.

hahhaha there u go man theres an idea thanx dude hahahahah

I dont think I spelled it right the first time....here it is thnaks to google:

perioral dermatitis

If you had like red spots or faded blemished constantly around your mouth/chin area and you put a lot of...say Benzerial peroxide (BP) or some other junk other than soap and water...you may have it but I don't want to say for sure cause acne is a bitch and a fat one that engulfs everyone differently.

that being said....here are some pics of some sorry souls:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&...itis&tab=wi

point being, people don't like zits (no shit) and to look at zits on your date, gf, bf or whatever, I think is just simply unattractive. For some its good cause you both have it and u share a 'cute' sympathy for one another, but seriously, acne can make or break you.

---don't know how it could make you, but whatever

holly shit no lol im not nearly as bad as those (poor souls)lol anyway thanx dude ttyl

I think everyone is self-critical -- they judge themselves much harsher than they would others. I am sure that people aren't looking at you, saying OMG look at his skin!

I know it is hard to fight this insecurity, but don't start not doing things b/c of it. If anything, push your boundaries and see if you can go out more. Just please don't be so hard on yourself b/c I am sure that you a good person that deserves to go out and have fun, just like the rest of us.

i no but its just really hard wen i like picked at a zit and its all red like to the side of my mouth thats the only place i get them and there just litlle but after i play with it it comes all red and all the skin around it peels fuck im dumb lol

STOP picking. It ALWAYS makes it worse. A lot of people, including myself, find it very hard to stop picking and tend to be VERY critical of ourselves. I dont think it's a coincidence. So stop picking on yourself & your face! Then maybe your face will look better & you will feel better too.

yea, don't pick. I went through that frantic stage and its really bad to pick, 'nough said.

You want to heal, then let your body heal itself. Don't go putting all this shit onl ike BP like theres no tommorrow. Ironically, it could be the medicine that destroys your skin.

Whenever I see someone with acne now, I'm instantly more likely to want to talk to them, knowing they have most likely been humbled by the experience and are tolerant of peoples physical (and emotional) differences. However, despite the fact that I know there is sometimes nothing you can do about it, I'm still less attracted to girls with acne. But what can ya do?

Whenever I see someone with acne now, I'm instantly more likely to want to talk to them, knowing they have most likely been humbled by the experience and are tolerant of peoples physical (and emotional) differences. However, despite the fact that I know there is sometimes nothing you can do about it, I'm still less attracted to girls with acne. But what can ya do?

exactly..some people say, "your skin isn't everything"...well....yes it is...at least on the outside. Since about %80 of the people you see you don't really know, all you can do is judge them on their looks/actions. And if you have acne, coming from the opposite sex would be very dissapproving. Its just human nature to think that. I attempt to accept that fact, but every day i need to throw something becuase its not fair that some ppl look like crap and some don't

which brings me to this once halirous poster i once saw:

"For every winner, there are hundreds of losers; chances are, you're a loser"

I can see where all of you are coming from.. Acne can lower your self esteem quite a lot more that you would imagine.. It lowered mine at least.. Not for too long though... I got clear not long ago... Anyhow I remember the experience very well.. And I only have something to tell you all.. What is worse.. An outgoing, confident, atractive person with a little bit of acne, or a Shy, insecure person with acne?

Its your call my friends.

And you Coco, you started this thread.. I thought you were clear already? What happened...?

The important thing is figure out what happened.. Any big change in your routine? Or any big change in your life in general? I mean a big change that causes you to be more stressed than usual.. more depressed or what so ever? What is really making you so insecure? Oh and Is it true you lost your gf because of your acne?

Gosh Ive read so many cases in here... And it all really makes me hate acne even more.. Oh shit, it can ruin your life.. But only if you let it.. So please please.. 1 more thing to all of you.. DONT let acne or anything destroy your relationship wth yourself.. or with the person you love..

If any one of you needs some more help please PM.. Id be pleased to help.

Guest Stu :-)

^^ yeh nice tthread Chaos. And to the others, if you cant get a grip on your insecurities, then you better get back on the drawing board to finding yourself a cure. Im a beleiver in the diet part. Maybe try cutting out all sugars, drinking apple cider vinegar, eating coconut oil, excercising, eating your greens "daily" and taking probiotics.. See if you get some results then?

Or read this bad boy...

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=101692

I can see where all of you are coming from.. Acne can lower your self esteem quite a lot more that you would imagine.. It lowered mine at least.. Not for too long though... I got clear not long ago... Anyhow I remember the experience very well.. And I only have something to tell you all.. What is worse.. An outgoing, confident, atractive person with a little bit of acne, or a Shy, insecure person with acne?

Its your call my friends.

And you Coco, you started this thread.. I thought you were clear already? What happened...?

The important thing is figure out what happened.. Any big change in your routine? Or any big change in your life in general? I mean a big change that causes you to be more stressed than usual.. more depressed or what so ever? What is really making you so insecure? Oh and Is it true you lost your gf because of your acne?

Gosh Ive read so many cases in here... And it all really makes me hate acne even more.. Oh shit, it can ruin your life.. But only if you let it.. So please please.. 1 more thing to all of you.. DONT let acne or anything destroy your relationship wth yourself.. or with the person you love..

If any one of you needs some more help please PM.. Id be pleased to help.

i dont no man its not that i have that bad of acne lol its not bad at all its just wen i get i zit i popo it and it makes my skin look really blochy and discolered its fucked up and i dont wear conceler so i dont like to go out wen i have that and my gf always wanted to go out so i maid up some excuse like aww this isint working ..ya i no stiupid yess but i felt like i hadd to always keeping her from having funn...not to many big changes its just that 1 week all have no acnne but just stupid scars then the other week all have acnne its fucked man i can never plane anything like 4 example underoath my favorite band came to my city and i was goin with all my freinds then 3 zits came out and looked badd so i told them i was sick fuck was i mad i stayed home in my atick like a fuckin rat doing sweet fuck all i was so mad.. cause i always get acne around the mouth where it looks the worst so thats y im prety insucure ..wen they are clear all take a pic and show u guys my skin ..anywho thanx 4 the help chaos helped a bunch dude!!!!

FUCK!! that word is awsome when it comes to acne,espically used a lot like you just did. Well, acne DOES ruin one's life, even if you think you arn't concerned over it, your peers are and they will think (at least the other sex) will look down upon you...meaning that you arn't attractive as much. Its just a fact. Any guy/girl with facial issues is gonna look worse than if he/she had better skin. Plain and simple. Also, it is nearly proven that attractive ppl get a lot of things done easier for them. Yea, thats generalizing a lot, but come on ppl. Clearer skin will get you places where bad skin didn't. It may not be alot, but hey, ppl might acctually talk to your eyes instead of around your eyes and to your cheeks, chin, nose, forehead, etc.

FUCK!! that word is awsome when it comes to acne,espically used a lot like you just did. Well, acne DOES ruin one's life, even if you think you arn't concerned over it, your peers are and they will think (at least the other sex) will look down upon you...meaning that you arn't attractive as much. Its just a fact. Any guy/girl with facial issues is gonna look worse than if he/she had better skin. Plain and simple. Also, it is nearly proven that attractive ppl get a lot of things done easier for them. Yea, thats generalizing a lot, but come on ppl. Clearer skin will get you places where bad skin didn't. It may not be alot, but hey, ppl might acctually talk to your eyes instead of around your eyes and to your cheeks, chin, nose, forehead, etc.

ya man ure right in so many ""fuckin"" ways lol

i am pretty insecure about my face as well....i think its more of a personal thing since when i tell people why im being emo...they seemed to be shocked its because of acne

People love dichotomes...meaning they won't know a pretty face w/out seeing a bad one. Also, they won't know the effects of acne w/out first having it. Of course, no one is gonna come out and say it their friends that there not gonna go here and there because of acne. Hell, I am goin through my worst time of my life when it should be the best. Homecoming...is definatly a no, and I just love it when ppl ask.....umm, why not?