Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imagin

Am I doing it right?

Hi

I am a 22 y old guy from Europe. I have moderate acne, and I am sick of it!

I have tried a lot: salicylic acid, topical antibiotics, different kinds of soap,...

Now i am following a program from Louis Widmer (morning and evening). (German brand)

- wash with Louis widmer Foam Wash (for acne prone skin)

- apply Louis Widmer ACNE PLUS CREME. (contains 5% Benzoylperoxide, and 2% Miconazolnitrate)

( I ve chosen for the 5%, because i can't find 2,5% here, but I have no irritation at all, so i guess that's allright?!)

- apply moisturizer Louis Widmer SEBO FLUIDE

I am doing this for 3 weeks already: but no result!: my skin still looks greasy, and have new zits breaking through.

Can someone give me advice?

thx!

Hi

I am a 22 y old guy from Europe. I have moderate acne, and I am sick of it!

I have tried a lot: salicylic acid, topical antibiotics, different kinds of soap,...

Now i am following a program from Louis Widmer (morning and evening). (German brand)

- wash with Louis widmer Foam Wash (for acne prone skin)

- apply Louis Widmer ACNE PLUS CREME. (contains 5% Benzoylperoxide, and 2% Miconazolnitrate)

( I ve chosen for the 5%, because i can't find 2,5% here, but I have no irritation at all, so i guess that's allright?!)

- apply moisturizer Louis Widmer SEBO FLUIDE

I am doing this for 3 weeks already: but no result!: my skin still looks greasy, and have new zits breaking through.

Can someone give me advice?

thx!

Never heard of those products, just make sure whatever you are using is Mild and doesnt irritate your skin. You should look into the Clear Skin Regimen.

A little bit OT, but, it is so interesting that your product uses 2% Miconazolnitrate--isn't that the same stuff that they put in yeast infection medicine?

Hi. Yes it is, miconazol is used to heal yeast infections.

This creme is called acne creme PLUS, because it is the combination of benzoylperoxide WITH miconazol which kills the acne bacteria better. The creme is also less irritating, en softer for your skin.

An analysis of several studies of this creme is available on this link:

http://www.louis-widmer.ch/001lwd_03019003_de.htm

(There are some difficult words in german: but "hemmung P bacterium nach 48 stunden" means " decrease of acne bacteria after 48 days")

Lets hope it works ( have only 28 stunden to go!;-))

Ps i added the graph of the research results in this reply

post-47651-1159389969_thumb.jpg

if it hasnt been doing anything for three weeks, i dont think i would change anything yet. just keep going, making sure youre being gentle and stuff.

however, it could be the products, because none of those are recommended on this site as being best for the regimen, so its sort of hard to say at this point. id just wait it out a bit longer.

A little bit OT, but, it is so interesting that your product uses 2% Miconazolnitrate--isn't that the same stuff that they put in yeast infection medicine?

Hi. Yes it is, miconazol is used to heal yeast infections.

This creme is called acne creme PLUS, because it is the combination of benzoylperoxide WITH miconazol which kills the acne bacteria better. The creme is also less irritating, en softer for your skin.

An analysis of several studies of this creme is available on this link:

http://www.louis-widmer.ch/001lwd_03019003_de.htm

(There are some difficult words in german: but "hemmung P bacterium nach 48 stunden" means " decrease of acne bacteria after 48 days")

Lets hope it works ( have only 28 stunden to go!;-))

Ps i added the graph of the research results in this reply

Hey, thanks so much. Maybe the research board would be interested in that---LOL, maybe someone can experiment with this one - 2% miconazol is easily found at the drugstore. :)