Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a 17 year old male and I've had acne since I was about 11-12. I started getting pimples when I was 8, actually, but I can't remember it being all that bad until middle school.

I've tried different antibiotics and creams (tazorac, differin, BP 10%) and nothing has really worked tremendously.

So for the past couple months, I've been using hydrogen peroxide 40%. Yes, 40 percent. From my perspective, it has worked for some areas. For example, I no longer breakout to the point I did before in my "shaving area" or the center of my cheeks. It looks good to me.

However, my upper jaw line is still breaking out a lot. I've think got it under control now, but there are still red marks (kind of purple in spots) that are really annoying. I can't recall ever really getting these before. How long do they usually last? :shifty: Is there any way to minimize their apparence until they finally go away?

I'd like to think that HP is slowly getting rid of my body's toxins, causing me to breakout more in the confined areas.

I don't know...bah..I've been dealing with this for years and years.

Red marks can last for months or years. You probably never noticed getting red marks previously because you weren't using hydrogen peroxide before, which may prolong red marks (like benzoyl peroxide). You can use alpha or beta hydroxy acids, mandelic acid, or glycolic acid to help the red marks fade. Check out the red marks forum, they have a wide range of ideas.