Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi. :)

I am gonna get my bangs done tomorrow. First time I will have bangs in over 7 years. I am nervous about it but I do think it is time for a change. My hair just kinda hangs layerd to my face but split down the middle. So I was wondering what do people think about bangs? what bangs do you like if you like bangs at all? Any comments will be helpfull cause I am taking the big plunge ( in my world anyway hehehe).

i have bangs... i love bangs especially if they suit you... they give you more character.

i don't really like the swept side bangs cos EVERYONE seems to have those these days.

if you're worried about bangs breaking out, then i don't think you should be becuase i have bangs and i don't really break out on my forehead, but maybe that's just me.

i have bangs... i love bangs especially if they suit you... they give you more character.

i don't really like the swept side bangs cos EVERYONE seems to have those these days.

if you're worried about bangs breaking out, then i don't think you should be becuase i have bangs and i don't really break out on my forehead, but maybe that's just me.

what kinda bangs do you have? how long can you go before a touch up?

Bangs can be cute if done right, especially if you have long bangs that can be swept off your face a little. That would look really hot with an updo.

Before I would use bangs to hide my forehead that had acne, then I grew them out when I realised they were adding to the problem!

took about 5 years to grow them out.

once and a while I think about getting bangs again, but always decide against it when I remember they will be in the way alot, not just look cute all the time. ;)

are bangs like a fringe? cos i love fringes i think theyr funky :D

yes while on my google search I learned bangs and fringes are the same thing.

I've had bangs since I was a little girl. I love them. Right now mine are kind of choppy and off to the side, but that's how I like them. I trim them myself every few weeks (my hair grows really fast).

I have long thick side swept bangs. Everyone likes them on me. They look good on me cuz I have an oval face & a bit of a squarish jaw. They hang down over my eyes when brushed forward. My hairdresser thins them out w/ a razor & her scissors so they dont look clumpy. If you get thick bangs you want to maake sure they dont just hang in a clump.

They don't make my forehead break out either! My forehead is usually very clear. I only have pimples between my eyebrows or right above. That may be from when I move my bangs to the side with my hand; my hand may touch that area a little. That is one thing to watch out for, cuz touching your face can make it break out.

Edited to add: I wash my bangs EVERY day even if I dont wash my hair. I just put my bangs under the sink when I dont want to wash my whole head. This is key if you have an oily face but dont wash your hair eveyday, since bangs rest on your face & soak up the oil. The rest of my hair does not get so oily so that's why I only wash it every other day (so it doesnt dry out).

Thnx for the reply's. :) I like rocker chick bangs. I don't know there actual name hehe. I know I am a dork but I am nervous I heard a few horrow stories. Anyone see emits dance partner from dancing with the stars? she has cool hair, but that is not for me, but kinda what i would like just more layerd in the front and longer in the back. No matter how she moves it just falls in to place.

Just make sure you don't get them toooooo short, because if it's too long, you can always shorten them. Just get your HD to take off little by little and get him/her to keep asking you if that's the length you want!

I have a side fringe... and I find that if it's too shot, it's a pain in the rear to get it to sweep to one side! But anyway, fringes are hot... unless you have an oily forehead, which I do, and it can get a little annoying, so most days I just choose to clip it up =)

Good luck with your haircut and don't forget to take pics!

(and it also camouflages an oddly shaped forehead ^__^)

what kinda bangs do you have? how long can you go before a touch up?

just short ones, they end right at my eyebrows and i touch them up myself, i cut them with a razor.

Before I would use bangs to hide my forehead that had acne, then I grew them out when I realised they were adding to the problem!

took about 5 years to grow them out.

once and a while I think about getting bangs again, but always decide against it when I remember they will be in the way alot, not just look cute all the time. ;)

5 years?! holyshit. lol. mine grow out pretty fast

My life changed when I got rid of my middle part and got a side part with side swept bangs :lol: ... I will never go back to my old ways. Bangs are fun! I love them =) (even though mine are extremely long now hmph)

I LURV bangs! I got them cut finally about 3 years ago after yearning for them for my whole life! I never thought they'd work becasue my hair is poker-straight but in actuality they're perfect! I have freinds that need to straighten their curly-haired bangs for them to lok nice.

Mine used to be blunt cut but about a year ago I made them side swept and yes, everyone has them but that's because they LOOK GOOD! Any woman can wear bangs and they usually add to your look. They give you a *style* without really having to try.

They do NOT make me break out. I break out in the part of my forehead that is not covered by bangs *sigh* too bad it wasn't the other way around!

Anyway-GET THEM! They're good!

The advantage too, with side swept bangs as opposed to blunt cuts is that if you like (or need) no wear hats-they don't flatten out as much and they still look good! (okay-can you tell I'ma fan?)

I love bangs as well but I change my mind too much about my hair to get them. I'm trying to grow out my hair and if I cut myself some bangs again, it'll just take even longer and then I'll end up wanting to chop all my hair off! No bueno :D

I LURV bangs! I got them cut finally about 3 years ago after yearning for them for my whole life! I never thought they'd work becasue my hair is poker-straight but in actuality they're perfect! I have freinds that need to straighten their curly-haired bangs for them to lok nice.

Mine used to be blunt cut but about a year ago I made them side swept and yes, everyone has them but that's because they LOOK GOOD! Any woman can wear bangs and they usually add to your look. They give you a *style* without really having to try.

They do NOT make me break out. I break out in the part of my forehead that is not covered by bangs *sigh* too bad it wasn't the other way around!

Anyway-GET THEM! They're good!

The advantage too, with side swept bangs as opposed to blunt cuts is that if you like (or need) no wear hats-they don't flatten out as much and they still look good! (okay-can you tell I'ma fan?)

lol :lol:

I am gonna get um on saturday instead of today. Very excited lol. Thinking of side swiped or just really long past my brow. Iam driving my boyfriend crazy hehehe.

I love bangs of all varities (when cut on the right head. baby bangs just look weird on some people). Word of caution though, bangs can cause some people to breakout. I suppose that would have to depend on how often you wash your hair and what products you use.

I like them sometimes. But I'm definetly over them as of now. I was doing the mod look with them for awhile and now I'm going on to something new.

lol... ok I will take a pic before and after. I hate the way I look in pics but I will surly try . Also I never put pictures up on the internent so I will see if my man can help me out with this but I will take a pic before and after so I can try. :) Gonna get my bangs done tomorrow I am going early. :dance:

I bought the new "allure" magazine for october 2006 with Jessica Smpson on the cover. Startin on page 282 they had a special article on bangs I like a cross between Nichole Richie and Amanda Peat.

I love them. BUT they're a bitch when your skin it sensitive to the oils in them or to a particular hair product.... but they are great to hide the occasional pimple you get on the forehead :)

I love bangs, sometimes. I dont like the china bangs :wacko:. I like the ones where they're kinda sweapt to one side, or most on one side and some on the other :D.

I have the swept ones sortof, they're kinda short so they tend to curl up, i have to put gel on them to straighten it. Its been a month since i got them and i havent noticed any breakouts on my fivehead :surprised: