Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tooshort

Just wanted to say thanks to EVERYONE!

Not trying to sound all mushy, but I want everyone to know that I wouldnt have had the strength to pull through my first 3 months if it wasnt for this site and more specifically, this CSR Forum. I felt just like many who are discouraged at week 7-8 and just wanted to give up on the CSR. Im at Week 13 and I am just about clear!! Havent been completely clear since 1999 after I got off of Tane.

Thanks to everyone for having my back during my rough journey to Clear Skin. :dance:

I agree with you tooshort that it would be just too tempting to give up and quit if not for the forums. When you hear that other people here have been in your shoes and have managed to stick it out and find success on this program, it gives you something to strive for. Plus it makes you feel good to help out the brand new members when they explain that they are suffering with the initial discomfort, both physically and mentally. I've logged on to these boards many times feeling frustrated, upset, and pretty much near despair and always log off feeling better and ready to encourage the next upset soul! It's really a great way to funnel your frustrations, get your questions answered, and find kindred souls doing battle with this beast called acne that we are all trying desperately to slay!

congrats tooshort, can u share with us what products u used? and any advice?

Internal Treatments:

1 Centrum Mulit-vitamin

Green Smoothie(1 cup of water, 1 handful of fresh greens, 1 apple, 1 TBLS of Honey, 1/2 cup frozen fruit... all blended.. and consumed... Morning and Night)

8 Glasses of all natural agua throughout the day(that's water for the people who dont... ahh nevermind) LOL

Morning:

Wash: CSR Cleanser

Shave: BIC Sensitive Razor(disposable) w/ CSR Cleanser

Toner: Apple Cider Vinegar(50/50 water)

Treat: CSR Gel(Full Finger)

Moisturize: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ SPF 15

Evening:

Moisturize: Alternate nightly between, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/ SPF 15 and Johnson's Baby Lotion

this one

IPB Image

Tips:

-Wash with Warm water.. not too hot. - I LOVE hot showers, but I have to adjust the temperature when the water hits my face.

-Dont try too many products at one time.

-Try not to touch your face at ALL

-Drink your 8 glasses of water daily

-Give the CSR regimen the full 8-12 weeks to work.

Most of all ..THINK POSITIVE!! Negative thinking can be linked to stress ... and stress can definitely trigger breakouts.

Guest Michael Jackson

I think water is really overlooked, how many people can honestly say they drink enough water? it greatly helps in shedding skin cells

Morning:

That's kinda what I am doing....I hope it works for me!! :pray::pray::pray:

Except I dont have to shave my face :D

Morning:

That's kinda what I am doing....I hope it works for me!! :pray::pray::pray:

Except I dont have to shave my face :D

You dont know what your missing!!

actually, you're not missing anything... I wish I didnt have to shave. :(

Not trying to sound all mushy, but I want everyone to know that I wouldnt have had the strength to pull through my first 3 months if it wasnt for this site and more specifically, this CSR Forum. I felt just like many who are discouraged at week 7-8 and just wanted to give up on the CSR. Im at Week 13 and I am just about clear!! Havent been completely clear since 1999 after I got off of Tane.

Thanks to everyone for having my back during my rough journey to Clear Skin. :dance:

Congratulations. Being in week 7 (or is it actually 8?? time flies) and still not seeing much improvement, I tend to have some.. well.. negative feelings towards CSR especially because the skin itself seems to feel less smooth to the touch than before.

But hearing succes stories always encourages as you say :popcorn: Dare I ask what condition you had BEFORE the clearup?

Congratulations. Being in week 7 (or is it actually 8?? time flies) and still not seeing much improvement, I tend to have some.. well.. negative feelings towards CSR especially because the skin itself seems to feel less smooth to the touch than before.

But hearing succes stories always encourages as you say :popcorn: Dare I ask what condition you had BEFORE the clearup?

I can remember being six or seven weeks in and thinking 'Gah! Got another spot coming!' and feeling like giving up. But I didn't, mostly because nothing had been effective in over 10 years of searching for effective treatment and I felt I should give it a proper go.

Completely clear for nine months here. I still can't believe that good old benzoyl peroxide is the key, if used correctly.

I can remember being six or seven weeks in and thinking 'Gah! Got another spot coming!' and feeling like giving up. But I didn't, mostly because nothing had been effective in over 10 years of searching for effective treatment and I felt I should give it a proper go.

Completely clear for nine months here. I still can't believe that good old benzoyl peroxide is the key, if used correctly.

Oh boy.. If it was only 1 spot ;)

I had moderate cyctic acne and very bad, and frequent breakouts around my chin and mouth. Id say about 7 active inflamations on any given day. I am almost completely clear now, and havent had one break out around my mouth in months. My only dilema now is OILY SKIN!! ARGH.. I keep kleenex with me so that I can dab oil, but it gets annoying.

I agree with you tooshort that it would be just too tempting to give up and quit if not for the forums. When you hear that other people here have been in your shoes and have managed to stick it out and find success on this program, it gives you something to strive for. Plus it makes you feel good to help out the brand new members when they explain that they are suffering with the initial discomfort, both physically and mentally. I've logged on to these boards many times feeling frustrated, upset, and pretty much near despair and always log off feeling better and ready to encourage the next upset soul! It's really a great way to funnel your frustrations, get your questions answered, and find kindred souls doing battle with this beast called acne that we are all trying desperately to slay!

That's exactly how I've been feeling! I'm only on my 5th week and I feel that discouragement as well, and have come here feeling the same frustration, only to feel better after reading some of these threads. This board is wonderful with how everyone here encourages eachother!

Congrats, tooshort! :D

I had moderate cyctic acne and very bad, and frequent breakouts around my chin and mouth. Id say about 7 active inflamations on any given day. I am almost completely clear now, and havent had one break out around my mouth in months.

Ok then I can keep my hopes up I guess.. Mine is some degree of moderate too I would say.

My only dilema now is OILY SKIN!! ARGH.. I keep kleenex with me so that I can dab oil, but it gets annoying.

Wauw that's just typical.. One problem goes away, and another one shows up :wall:

How do you like the acv? Do you think it helps much?

I still hate the smell of it.. I wont go near anyone for the first hour that I apply it. LOL

But the benefits of it...... it helps alot with my old redmarks and it helps prep my skin to help the BP absorb better. I apply it with a cotton ball in small circles so that I can gently exfoliate as well.