Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Reason You STILL Have Acne!

I thought I would post this as it is highly relevant to why you have acne, although not in the obvious way you might be hoping.

http://acne-lies-for-profit.blogspot.com/

Here is an example of what is stated in the blog. This will link you to the top internet marketing forum on the internet, where the top internet marketers trade information and strategies to get you buying more acne products. Please read between the lines of what these people are doing.

http://www.warriorforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=103506

This is just one example of many.

So here it is quite clear these people are marketing articles and peddling cures when they have no idea if it works, they just take someones sales pitch for truth and spread the 'professional articles' to make money. Ask yourself, are they really trying to help you or are they just in it for the money?

An interesting fact that you may not have known about is that on the sponsored links for Google it can cost the advertiser up to $10 a click due to the popularity and profitablilty of acne cures. Now Im am not supporting that you should continously click on products adverts where you know you were ripped off and ruin there advertising campaign and possibly put them out of business. Im not saying that at all. That is click fraud if you keep doing it.

If you still don't get why or how they make money from publishing acne related content on their sites realise this. If they publish acne content on their site, and say get 50-100 people/day to go on their site, all they have to do it put up Google advertising on the site (which will be acne related products etc) and they get paid an amount of the advertisers fee- say 50 cents a click. Perhaps only half the visitors click on an ad, then they get $25-$50 a day. Make another site and get more money. Make another and another. And thus you get an internet with saturated acne content.

Be very careful what you read. Acne is a very popular 'product' on the Internet.

Anyway I could give you a thousand more examples of how they make money out of you. But please remember these people are not trying to intentionally hurt you, they just don't realise the harm they are doing to you as they probably have never had acne themselves, they just want some easy money.

My main point is that if there was less information on acne touted by internet marketers and more scientific experiment, research and practice (like there should have been already) then perhaps finding out the cure for acne wouldn't be like stepping into a minefield.

EDITED 01/10/06: I'm adding this to emphasize the point of lack of ethics and the strategies used to make money with people's acne. This was found on the warrior forum and is one of the main products plugged on the site.

http://www.desperatebuyersonly.com/?id=WarriorPro

Scroll down on that page and you will come to this:

"Desperate people - people with throbbing problems, pressing issues, and insane drives - buy on impulse. Desperate people buy on impulse because they're in an emotionally charged state-of-mind or state-of-being and they want to get out of it.

So when you create information products for desperate people, you change the dynamics from being the person who's doing the chasing - (as you have to do when selling a typical how-to product) - to becoming the person who's constantly being chased.

That's basically why I can sell 10-12 copies of six page report for $24.95 on a daily basis, with minimal marketing bells and whistles.

My customers are desperate. And I know how to push their buttons so they want to buy from me.

And if that logic sounds easy to follow, that's because IT IS. "

A little further down comes this:

"People who are losing their hair are desperate buyers too. So are teens and adults suffering from acne. And most definitely people with smelly feet.

Selling information to buyers who live with these types of problems is easy because the problem is clear, obvious, bothersome and possibly embarrassing to the person who has the problem. It's a no brainer.

And this theory doesn't apply solely to people with health issues.

Desperate people come from all types of situations. And a good percentage of them have the same burning desire to clear up an issue in their lives.

That's why when I write... when I sit down to develop an information product... I write for desperate people 90% of the time. I'm able to make more money with far less work, compared to a typical how-to author.

Would you like to learn how to fatten your bank account by targeting people who are sweatin' bullets for your type of information?

Then check out...

Desperate Buyers Only: An Information Product Creators Guide To Writing and Marketing So That People With Problems Will Buy"

Yea good post. Is that first link your site Someone? Is it for real or just an example of a premade template somebody bought from the warriors site? Its crazy the things people will do for money.

Its my site yeah. If it was a template it would most likely have google ads in it- and it most definitely wouldnt lift the lid on the whole dirty business of internet marketing and acne.

An example of a template site:

http://www.ultimate-cosmetics.com/beauty/s...s/acne-cure.htm

and then one of the ads leads to guess what....

http://www.e-shopping.co.uk/Acne_Treatment...71&c=847362

....A top 10 of this weeks acne treatments. Read that carefully- a top 10 of this weeks acne treatments- as if there is a scientific weekly testing of which one helps get rid of people's acne better than the other one.

These kinds of sites litter the top pages of the search results for google.

Not all companies are trying to JUST get your money. I think it's up to you to find out the legit ones.

I personally think every acne company out there is trying to get your money, they want you to buy their product!!!! They advertise, they hype up claims, they mostly don't work---I mean where are their statistics, like how many people have tried their product and how many found it worked. These statistics do not exist---because they never bothered to conduct the research and test their products. A good stat would be repeat orders over a few months from customers---i bet they rarely get them. Ok you might read the occassional testimional but the people giving it are the minority that it worked for- not the majority.

And how would you define a legit company? One that cures acne like it advertises or says in its sales copy? Well none of them do---trust me I tried them all (apart from the ones that have popped up in the last year or so) and you only have to look at this forum to see that it wasnt just me that they didnt work for, but a lot of people!! A lot of people have paid money and not gotten the results they were expecting from the information they read on the company's website. And a lot of companies are clever---they state that it takes a few months, say 4, for the product to really start to kick in. Yet they then only offer a 90 day money back guarantee. So the person who bought will go over the guarantee period in the hope that it will kick in soon...Its one of the many tricks that are used.

And the companies that sell these crap and expensive products are just one aspect of the whole internet marketing scam that we have been subjected to!

What about the e-books written (again, where are the stats on how many tried it and got results?) The whole thing is an open market that anyone can enter into with their 'cure' and make lots of money out of it.

They get away with it because it is a grey area within the law. Technically they are safe, but ethically they are scum!

My problem with it is not just the lack of research and testing on large groups of people with the products/techniques, but the fake reviews and articles that get written about how wonderful it was for them. You only have to browse the Warrior forum to see there are many internet marketers doing just this----so they can make money.

I once went onto that forum and raised the question of the lack of ethics in writing articles and even reviews of products that they have no experience or use with. This got flamed very quickly and the thread was deleted within 10 minutes. All from asking about what they thought about the ethics of some internet marketing practices!!!! This gave me a good idea of how these scumbags operate.

But the main problem boils down to the information overload they cause! It makes it incredibly difficult to find true infomation rather than fabricated content. Remember that these internet marketers are often good writers, and another technique they use is called copying and pasting from other articles to create 'new' articles.

a lost cause- as for the overkill comment you made; i think that you have been taken in by the sophistication of the marketing that happens online. In the context of acne, the Internet is indeed a web, woven by internet marketers and guess who the flies are?

acne sufferers.

Couldn't you make this argument for any anything though. Take fruits and vegetables. They all have some degree of pesticides so farmers can make more money without losing their crops to insects. It isn't like services are being provided out of the goodness of people's hearts, atleast most. It is always up to you to get through the bs.

Of course "acne companies" care more about your money than your skin,, that is called free marketing.

Do your research before you buy anything, and you'll most likely be fine. And BP rules.

This is something that is called capitalism = you are benifiting from someone's loses and provide false information to gain that benifit even throgh you are hurting the other person.

This is something that is called capitalism = you are benifiting from someone's loses and provide false information to gain that benifit even throgh you are hurting the other person.

That is not the correct definition of capitalism. See link for a good definition and explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitalism

I really do not think capitalism is to blame for people being liars and unethical. Perhaps the capitalist system is easier to abuse than other economical systems but that is a whole other line of discussion.

Of course "acne companies" care more about your money than your skin,, that is called free marketing. Do your research before you buy anything, and you'll most likely be fine. And BP rules.

The problem with this is the bracket of people that these companies are targeting- young, vulnerable and desperate people who perhaps are not so inclined to be great researchers or be able to differentiate between phoney help and real help.

My point isn't about free marketing or capitalism it is about false advertising, lying and lack of ethics.

I've just added another link to my main post above and the link is here also. This was found on the warrior forum and is one of the main products plugged on the site.

http://www.desperatebuyersonly.com/?id=WarriorPro

Scroll down on that page and you will come to this:

"Desperate people - people with throbbing problems, pressing issues, and insane drives - buy on impulse. Desperate people buy on impulse because they're in an emotionally charged state-of-mind or state-of-being and they want to get out of it.

So when you create information products for desperate people, you change the dynamics from being the person who's doing the chasing - (as you have to do when selling a typical how-to product) - to becoming the person who's constantly being chased.

That's basically why I can sell 10-12 copies of six page report for $24.95 on a daily basis, with minimal marketing bells and whistles.

My customers are desperate. And I know how to push their buttons so they want to buy from me.

And if that logic sounds easy to follow, that's because IT IS. "

A little further down comes this:

"People who are losing their hair are desperate buyers too. So are teens and adults suffering from acne. And most definitely people with smelly feet.

Selling information to buyers who live with these types of problems is easy because the problem is clear, obvious, bothersome and possibly embarrassing to the person who has the problem. It's a no brainer.

And this theory doesn't apply solely to people with health issues.

Desperate people come from all types of situations. And a good percentage of them have the same burning desire to clear up an issue in their lives.

That's why when I write... when I sit down to develop an information product... I write for desperate people 90% of the time. I'm able to make more money with far less work, compared to a typical how-to author.

Would you like to learn how to fatten your bank account by targeting people who are sweatin' bullets for your type of information?

Then check out...

Desperate Buyers Only: An Information Product Creators Guide To Writing and Marketing So That People With Problems Will Buy"

So to emphasize my point, it is not the system that is to blame, it is people who are very unethical.

THis is exactly what ive been thinkin for a while. IF they cure everyone they will lose business and noone will have any jobs anymore

That's not why I STILL have acne. I looked at the research (actual university studies on people, done in the 70's mind you), I choose products carefully, which had proven active ingredients in them.

If you check the studies you can see that the products are able to reduce acne lesions in about 80% of people, meaning that for the other percentage of us with stubborn acne these treatments won't even work, if they reduce acne lesions at all.

That is why you can only really manage acne and not cure it, because these treatments reduce lesions and not get rid of the acne. So you need a regime, which reduces the maximum amount of lesions possible. Different products reduce acne in different stages, so you need to attack the acne with different products at all stages for this to be possible. Combination therapy has been researched recently.

There are products to avoid and whole ranges of products to avoid and products which cost a fortune with little if any useful ingredients. You've got to know your chemical.

I did end up reducing my acne with over the counter products, but I eventually got put on roaccutane anyway.

The point is do your research. Get hold of the actual journal articles that document the studies done on acne sufferers. It'll give you confidence to know that what your doing and how it works. For example some products need to be used in specific ways to work, otherwise they just don't work.

Guest Locked In Grace

I'm using products by a skin research company. They don't so much inflate thier products, but stand behind the science that fights several mechanisms of acne.

I can make sense of alot of the information and opinions you pass, but i do believe that you're generalising somewhat.

/bump

good read thanks man. Been thinking theres huge corruption in the cosmetics industry for a long while now. will definetely trial with this GLA idea. More people should be reading this thread and to change their perception on the industry and not remain blinded by all these lies and BS that advertisers send our way. In the end all they care about is filling their pockets.

Yeah. Lots of misleading information, rumors, and weird claims are around the net. I remember even on here. Lots of people touting the merits of B5 vitamin in curing Acne, yet I couldn't find a reputable source that did any studies on this.