Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
monty

Bad customer service from Skin Biology

I ordered the Super CP Serum from Skin Biology over a month ago and till now, have not received anything from them. So I wrote to them repeatedly and did not get an answer until I threated to report them to the Better Business Bureau. They said the order has been sent but could not provide more details. So I wrote again a couple more times and asked for a refund. This is what they wrote back:

"We will refund your money. The order was not returned to us and we assume it was delivered.

Do not order from Skin Biology again."

What do they mean Do not order from them again???

I'm really disappointed in their attitude and was so hoping to get the Super CP Serum as I've heard a lot about it. I'm from Malaysia and I've ordered twice from there before without any problems.

As you are ordering from Malaysia, mail often finds ways of being delayed. I have ordered something once from Germany (i'm in the US) that took a couple months to arrive.

I've ordered at least 4 things from Skinbiology and everything was sent promptly. Further, i've found their customer service to be excellent, and they've sent me a myriad of free samples. Unfortunately, I have not found any of their products to be effective for my skin.

Guest Scorpioness

My third order from them happened a little like this.... I wrote to them three times explaining that my order had not arrived, and I received a brief response on the first e-mail saying:

'We will look into it'

My second and third letter, a week apart each, generated no response from them. After my fourth letter, they responded with an appology and said they would ship it "again"...

All my letters were extremely polite. I think they may be understaffed or overloaded with e-mails. Whatever. I would probably order from them again because of their products...

I am sorry for the negative experience you have had with them.

I was hoping to have them re-send it to me. But they've explicitly told me not to order from them again which made me really upset. I'm just going to wait for my refund now and stop dealing with them.

Anyway thanks for all the replies. This is such a great board and I really needed a place to vent. smile.gif

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Wow that's pretty bad. Sorry for your experience. I can see that skinbiology may be a small company after all...so the staff may not be that experienced in handling customers. I saw what they wrote to Tracy on a different issue, I thought they sounded a bit unprofessional.

You can order skin biology products from homepeels.com but the shipping is heaps more and it took me 22 days to receive super cp serum from them and only 10 days from skin biology. Skin biology is raking in the money, telling a customer off may not be good business etiquette but what do they care, their customer base is growing by the day regardless.

I'll definitely check out those other sites that sells it. But Skin Bio gives a Super Cop sample with purchases over $50 although the last time I ordered from them, they didn't include it even though they said they would. And shipping cost is a major consideration when I buy online.

LOL monty i had the same problem with Skibio support, back about 3 weeks ago i tried to order the super CP serum from them, but after when i put in my creditcard info then click proceed and nothing happen. I dint get any confirmed email or anything so i tried to submit again then it said that the user name is taken so that mean something go thru.

I tried to email them about 5 times and got no reply then i went into their forum and complain but they DELETE my thread and still not anwering my email!!!

Altho i still want to buy their product but not from them!

Skinbio support can kiss my a$$!!!

I tried calling them about a month ago too with some questions I had. I asked my questions and they put me on hold. Then the line went dead. I called right back. Nobody said hello, but I could hear them talking about me in the background laughing about my disconnect. I wonder what Dr. Pickart would think about all this?!!!!

Anna that is low of them and they are obviously morons that work there and this "Dr" Pickart sounds like a fraud anyway.

Hmm...I was going to reorder somethings from them, but I don't think I will because I can get similar products else where. I think I'll make sure the products have nothing to do with skin biology. creeps.

Damn!! I have 5 bottles (pre-paid) of emu oil on order from skinbio - it's already 3 weeks..

And to tell the truth - I have had enormpoud problems with homepeels.com of late too - they said they had shipped out the emu oil 3 times (over 4 weeks) and they hadn't ...... that's why I ended up ordering from skinbio..

Hope there's not a world shortage of this emu oil!

I experienced the same problem with Skinbio. Ordered CP serum and eye cream, waited over 6 weeks, e-mailed them a number of times, did not get any response, finally called them....they then told me that it had been re-shipped (never received any sort of confirmation e-mail that it had been re-shipped, lady on the phone was also very short), waited another 5 weeks, did not receive anything, e-mailed them twice for a refund, nothing yet. I am short $75.00 because of Skinbio, will not ever shop with them again and do not recommend them. Also, it's not as if I live far away, I am only in Canada!!! I noticed on another thread raves about Puredeeming products, I noticed that they also stock their own brand of CP serum. May perhaps try them

woops, i got the website mixed up for where i saw the other brand of CP serum, shall have to search around and find it again.

Hmmmmmmm...sorry you had the trouble and I understand you were ticked off but your threat of reporting them to the BBB was a bit strong. If you said that to them, then I can understand why they would tell you not to order it from them.

I live in the states and I don't believe that people in the states have the problems that you people in other countries have.

An observation here is that if Skin Biology shows that the package has been mailed, then it's been mailed. What do you want them to do? I have a friend in Oslo, Norway that I send packages to by air all the time and it could take 2 weeks or it could take 4. Sometimes it has only taken 2-3 days. :-k

I really think that you cannot blame SB for the mail. As for Anna, well that was JUST WRONG. You shouldn't have to put up with people disrespecting you as a customer or as a person.

I've never had a bad experience with them.

Well, in all fairness, I did call on a Friday afternoon at 4:50 PM and then started geeking them out with questions about what they thought of the use of growth factors in products and whether they anticipated their use in any of the products in development...... biggrin.gif Then all I heard was a click! Maybe Dr. Pickart doesn't pay them enough?!

Is Skin Biology a big company? Because most of them have outsourced their customer service lines to India - you get what you pay for.

I do a lot of on-line shopping and I have never had the types of problems that people ordering from skin-biology are having. Even if the company mails their products and the customers are not receiving them for whatever reason, it is only good business practice for them to offer to help track the product or offer a refund. As far as answering emails and getting back with customers-that is what any reputable business would do. I have been wanting to order their products but now think I should hold off. I think their website is very amateur which leads me to believe it is not a very professional organization.

Just my two cents.

With the way they are doing bussiness and handling customer, am having thought about their product itself. I dont trust a company that treat their customer like a number. These are the kind of company that only after desperate people for their money.

I experienced the same problem with Skinbio about 3 months ago..

They have emailed me such a thing, when I complain. sad.gif

Dear xxxxxx,

It does not look like we charged you for order #xxxxx but something was confused.

We are a skin research company and not the best at marketing.

Skin Biology

Is Skin Biology a big company? Because most of them have outsourced their customer service lines to India - you get what you pay for.

Wow Will! You just nailed my biggest pet peeve! I cannot stand to politely greet someone....a cashier or other retail worker and they literally grunt or say nothing.....good grief. Who on earth ignores people who are right in your face trying to be nice to you? There's nothing ruder than that. [-(

Denise, I agree...and when it happens to me, I actually allow it to ruin my day! Ha...What a fool I AM! A lot of people's telephone manners are pretty abysmal, too. Sometimes even doctors receptionists! Wow...what is THAT all bout?? Are they overworked/underappreciated by the doc?? Some of them are just plain rude. We're talking Real COLD FISH. Actually, "Bitchy" is a better word for it. Unbelievable. My parents taught me a long time ago that good manners and talking to people in a decent fashion makes a big difference, and man, were they ever right!

I don't know, John, but I understand. You know, back in the day when I was a little retail clerk when I was 16, I appreciated kind people. I always make it a point to be extremely gracious to waiters, retail clerks, people who work with the public. It's always mind-blowing to have that kindness returned with a blank stare, a grunt, or just total rudeness. I mean....everyone has a bad day, but COME ON!

Oh....and another thing! To hear the employees talk about their bosses, or complain about their jobs.....right in front of the public!!!! ](*,) :-k

I recall once being at Food Lion grocery store and I walked up to the counter, put the stuff on it, and said: Hi, how are you today? And the young man growls: I would be much better if CINDY WOULD LET ME TAKE MY BREAK!!!!

I couldn't get away from that dude or that store fast enough!!!! The lack of professionalism is absolutely mind-blowing! Most of this stuff is just common sense! COME ON! [-(