Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cain

Can Tea effect Acne?

Down here in Tennessee we brew Tennessee by the gallons. I drink about probably a estimated a gallon a day of Tea. Can this make acne bad? If it does then i probably have acne from Tea. Is Tea ok to drink? Can it help get rid of acne? is it healthy?

Tea in general is not bad for acne, although some people find that caffeine aggravates acne. If you think this might be the case, try decaffinated or herbal tea. Green tea in particular is full of antioxidants and is quite good for you. If you find that tea is making your acne worse, I think the most likely culprit is the sugar that has been added to it. Try brewing tea and then adding only a small amount of honey to make it palatable.

A gallon a day? Holy geez.

Try adding green tea in your diet as the others have said. It may or may not help with your acne but it will help with your overall health. Case in point: my skin is alot smoother and much less oily since I started drinking green tea.

I think if your tea is an anti-oxidant and at the same time, your acne is caused by diet (but not gene or hormonal), then I think tea should help you in preventing new breakouts

Guest ~Wolfy~

I'm not aware of any evidence at all that antioxidants improve acne.

Also there is evidence that coffee makes acne somewhat worse. I'm not aware of any evidence linking tea to acne, but it's possible that it's the caffeine in coffee that does it, in which case tea would be expected to do the same thing.

I've drunk plenty of green tea, and it's never made a scrap of difference to my acne. Actually I believe it makes it worse. YMMV.