Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Michael Jackson

Atten PPl with moderate acne

Guest Michael Jackson

how did you get accutane? I have tried just about everything and I can't get clear fully. Redmarks from the regimen take forever and scars from retin a suck. I hope i can get on tane.

how did you get accutane? I have tried just about everything and I can't get clear fully. Redmarks from the regimen take forever and scars from retin a suck. I hope i can get on tane.

Seriously, I just made my face look really bad before I went to the derm. I just went this morning, and didnt think I was going to get accutane, but my derm was really nice and understanding, he gave me 40 mg dosage. I put lots of bp on every spot the night before, in the morning the spots look darker and more red becaus eof the BP... Ugh... anyway every derm is different, some are totally against accutane... maube you shoudl "shop around" for a derm.

My derm actually had to talk me into accutane. He mentioned it at my first appt with him, and it took about a year of seeing him, and exhausting all other treatments. I've had persistent mild/moderate acne for 20 years.

When I was ready, he was happy to prescribe it for me.

She told me about accutane after I was still breaking out (even though it wasn't that bad) after months of retin A ABs and other topicals. I was planning on asking her about it but she mentioned it first. if I were you I would just ask. I think most derms like using accutane. I don't think you'll have too much trouble getting it, especially since you are a guy.

The first time I went to my derm he took one look at me and told me Accutane would clear me up, but he can't give it to me until I try some other things first. Funny thing was that I wasn't there for acne....I was there to have a very suspicious mole biopsied. Never in a million years did I think I would ever be a candidate for Accutane. I considered asking him for a retinoid, since BP wasn't working anymore.....but acne wasn't even the reason I made the appointment......So he took the biopsy then looked at me and siad your acne is moderate to severe......a retinoid alone, or combined with BP won't help......so he also prescribed some minocycline (which I'm severely allergic to).....I told him not to prescribe any antibiotoics because I won't take them.....so he said "ok, but don't be dissappointed if your not clear." I go from moderate-severe acne to mild-moderate acne but I could only stay clear for a couple weeks at a time.......then the cysts started coming back and I was never clear.....

So I gave up and let him prescribe some antibiotics....but I never took them........and I stopped treating my acne alltogether, just to see how bad it would get.......back to moderate to severe and cystic.......five months later he decided I could try Accutane........

I could tell my doctor was about to try and pawn something off on me like the previous doctors had.....

Before she could go into it I went into my story again about how long I had acne and everything I tried.....

As I talked my voice got higher and higher and I got more and more upset since I thought I wasn't going to get accutane....

I started to cry......

within 10 minutes I had my paperwork for bloodwork to get accutane as soon as I got the results. :D

I started to cry......

within 10 minutes I had my paperwork for bloodwork to get accutane as soon as I got the results. :D

Works every time. :lol:

I started to cry......

haha, as soon as my derm mentioned accutane I had to fight back tears of joy.

although crying might work against you. the derm might think you're depressed and not give you accutane.

I started to cry......

haha, as soon as my derm mentioned accutane I had to fight back tears of joy.

although crying might work against you. the derm might think you're depressed and not give you accutane.

I told my derm I was depressed BECAUSE of my acne... I though tI was going to have to fib a little to get accutane, but I was actually quite honest. I told him I wouldnt go on antibiotics...NO WAY... So he perscribed accutane.

Guest Michael Jackson

do you think during senior year it would be a bad idea?

No, it will be the best thing you can do for your complexion and confidance equaling to a fun last year in high school. Go for it. I'm almost done with my Accutane treatment and I absolutely love it. :)

My derm is awesome. I went on accutane, and came back a year later and he noticed I had broke out again. I'd say my acne was very mild, mainly around my jaw, and he said he'd have no problem putting me on accutane again.