Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Choppa

Looking for Advice On My Face (Pics)

I used to get pretty bad acne but I learned to control it. However, my face hasn't really survived the effect. I don't know if what I have are scars or what. Can someone possibly shed some light on what's going on? Thanks-

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yes, those r scars. I'm not real good at identifying the diff. types of scars. But I think they r rolling, icepick, and boxcar that u have.

hey i have scars just like you. i am thinking about fraxel and/or dermabrasion. in the mean time, retin-a is helping to "plump" up the depressions a bit but its nowhere near perfect.

anyone else have any suggestions?

hey i have scars just like you. i am thinking about fraxel and/or dermabrasion. in the mean time, retin-a is helping to "plump" up the depressions a bit but its nowhere near perfect.

I'm using retin-a too for that reason but I can't tell if its working or not. It's made a slight difference I guess. It's hard, I've been to so many derms and plastic surgeons and they all want to push their product or treatment on you rather than honestly assess your individual situation and advise what is best for you. It's wasting my time and making treating my scarring a longer, drawn out process. It feels that by the time I get a treatment that works for me I'll be old and grey!

Those are mainly ice picks and look moderate. I would look into getting any that are deeper cut out and then follow through with a resurfacing procedure (dermabrasion, fraxel, Erbium laser)

I'm using retin-a too for that reason but I can't tell if its working or not. It's made a slight difference I guess. It's hard, I've been to so many derms and plastic surgeons and they all want to push their product or treatment on you rather than honestly assess your individual situation and advise what is best for you. It's wasting my time and making treating my scarring a longer, drawn out process. It feels that by the time I get a treatment that works for me I'll be old and grey!

Fact. :(

Choppa -

You may want to look into subscision with filler for the rolling scars. What complexion type to you have? If it is olive, asian or a moderate, I would be careful to get a resurfacing since it could cause hypopigmentation. Where are you located and have you had any consults yet?

Dan

I'm not really sure what kind of complexion I have, but I'm indian so maybe that will help. I haven't done anything yet about my face b/c I'm still not even sure what's going on. I'm not really interested in going as far as laser treatment because it's really not that bad.

I am curious to know though, are there scars on my nose? If you look at the third picture, the texture is off, but it doesn't resemble the clear scars from the other two pics. Is that something else perhaps like staining?

If you are Indian, you tend to be more of the asian or olive complexion. I have olive complexion and definitely lost some pigmentation from dermabrasion. You may want to investigate subscisions with fillers before you have anyone touch the outside of your skin with dermabrasion or laser. The laser is especially notorious for hypopigmentation and you don't want your results to be worse than the original problem with permanent hypopigmentation.

Choppa -

You may want to look into subscision with filler for the rolling scars. What complexion type to you have? If it is olive, asian or a moderate, I would be careful to get a resurfacing since it could cause hypopigmentation. Where are you located and have you had any consults yet?

Dan

There is nothing on his face that needs a filler. Did I miss seeing something?

Well Like I said, I'm not really that interested in that kind of treatment. I was just wondering if there was something simple to use like a topical cream.

Also no one answered this:

I am curious to know though, are there scars on my nose? If you look at the third picture, the texture is off, but it doesn't resemble the clear scars from the other two pics. Is that something else perhaps like staining?

Keithr23, do you have any advice?

Those are mainly ice picks and look moderate. I would look into getting any that are deeper cut out and then follow through with a resurfacing procedure (dermabrasion, fraxel, Erbium laser)

does cut mean subcision? i have icepick scars like that kind of.

No that means excision or cutting them out and stitching them together to leave a thin line that usually fades. Those look pretty small and would prob do nice with that procedure.

Those bumps on your nose could just be pockets of oil I really dont know. If they are hypertrophic scars then I would get them injected with kenalog to take them down. Ask your doctor they will know and can do it right then for very little money.

If u dont want to do anything major I would suggest u check out the thread on acne free scar eraser. The stuff is great and doesnt harm the skin at all. If u wanted to u could defiantely improve the skin with microderms over time. The hand held microderms from any store work alright but u have to rub the skin until it is irritated which will cause u to peel like with a sunburn.

Hmmmm I used the above stuff and my skin has improved drastically in just about a years time. Also look into makeup options. Those little pits can be filled in with the right makeup. If u get the right kind it should not be noticable to anyone and even with no other treatments can be a way to immediately smooth the skin out without surgery. I use some concealer from Neutrogena and even my girlfriend doesnt notice.

Those scars are not very bad at all and could be definately improved with the above methods safely.

Keith, thanks a lot for the help. By the above methods, you mean the stuff that you mentioned and not the stuff from the above posts right?

Can you point in the direction of that free acne scar eraser thread that you mentioned?

You have small rolling scars with tiny bound down areas. Mine looked just like that. I wouldn't say your scars are severe, but only because it would be a relatively "easy" fix. Subcision was my SAVIOR. I had it done twice.

I would say: Yes, those are scars. If they don't bother you, great. If you hate them, then get them fixed.

Not severe.

Between mild and moderate.

Your left side looks worse judging from the pics. The light from cameras and bathroom tend to make your scars more noticeable. Outside I don't think it would look bad at all.

You can check out acne free scar eraser like Kieth said. Retin A is suppose to help with minor scarring. But I don't know of any medication that helps with scarring really

It's called Acne Free Scar Erase u can get it at Walmart for around $14. It's in a box w/ two products 1. is the scar lotion 2. Is the sunscreen. If u start to break out from it u might wanna try not using the sunscreen that comes w/ the kit, but if u go out in the sun u will have to use some kind of sunscreen b/c the scar lotion contains hydroquinone. The title for thread about this is: Amazing Product for those annoying icepicks!

What's needling? I'm going to look into the Acne Free Scar Eraser first becasue it sounds fairly simple.

Hi Ron, just wondered where your doctors located (the one that did the subcision)thanks, sheryllynn[

quote name=ronRonnie' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:15 PM' post='1391368]

You have small rolling scars with tiny bound down areas. Mine looked just like that. I wouldn't say your scars are severe, but only because it would be a relatively "easy" fix. Subcision was my SAVIOR. I had it done twice.

I would say: Yes, those are scars. If they don't bother you, great. If you hate them, then get them fixed.

Hi Ron, just wondered where your doctors located (the one that did the subcision)thanks, sheryllynn[

quote name=ronRonnie' date='Sep 30 2006, 08:15 PM' post='1391368]

My doctor is in oklahoma City. She's great...an angel even. I love her. I'm going back to see her in 3 weeks for more stuff. If you have rolling scars, in my opinion, you MUST find a doctor to do subcision on your scars.