Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
smilingeyes

Mascara and Eye Liner for Oily Skinned Faces......

Hi,

Does anyone out there have any good recommendations for mascara and eye liner that won't slide down your face or flake?

I've been using a liquid eye liner, but recently thats been flaking all over the place and I think my mascara is flaking too. I'd love to use a pencil eye liner but haven't had much luck with those in the past as they tend to mix with the oils from my face and give me "raccoon eyes" (and I'm not trying to attract male raccoons, lol).

Thanks in advance for any advice......

~nancy

Hey smile.gif,

Most good quality mascaras should not flake. Check out Clinique, Lancome, Shu Uemura and some of Maybelline.

Maybe if you tried using a waterproof formulation in a pencil medium, it wouldn't slip as much. Or try a cake eye liner. Also possibly seal it using a sealant - MAC has one, as does Benefit (She-Lac).

Good luck smile.gif

Thanks.......I guess I'm not one for experimenting and just want answers right now dammit! biggrin.gif

But I will try the waterproof liners and see if that works any better.

Have a great day!

~nancy

Guest Tracy
(and I'm not trying to attract male raccoons, lol).

~nancy

If you have short eye lash....go with Maybeline Lash discovery...

If you have full long lash....go with Maybeline full and soft....

Both are highly recommend by makeup artist on Kevin Aucoin website.

Waterproof or not ....up to you.

for me....I prefer just the regular one because most waterproof mascara will slide in oil (not water). If you tend to have oily face....the regular one might work best for you.....but if you sweat alot....go with the waterproof.

A tip I use for eyeliner (usually if you wear it on the bottom) is get a brow powder that matches the color liner you're using and a small brush. If you brush the powder over where you put the liner on, it'll stay most of the day and won't smear or get all gooped up in the corners of your eyes. Just an idea.

By the way, I'm new here. Whoooo.

Lol Tracy, well, I don't think I'm trying to attract male raccoons, but maybe subconsciously? I try to do the top and bottom liner, for some reason my hubby likes it this way and if I've got to emphasize something I want it to be my eyes, since my skin is not so great.

And thank you vintage, Sparky and Tracy...I will try those recommendations regarding the mascara. I've been using Almay Bright Eyes, which is ok and my mom-in-law bought me some Revlon Colorstay Extra Thick Lashes mascara when she was visiting, but its time to try something else....

Have a great Tuesday!

~nancy

Guest Tracy

First of all, welcome to the board, Vintage!!

Nance-

I line both top and bottom, too.....I have heavily lidded eyes, so I need to put the focus on my bottom lash line as well as the top, otherwise my eyes disappear.

I've searched high and low for eyeliner that doesn't smear. What I've been using for about a year now is a twist up eyeliner pencil from Avon. They usually only sell it in the summertime. It comes in a light blue tube. Call your local Avon rep and see if she has some left. I use the bronze color. I bought 10 the last time. I think I have two or three left. But it stays on pretty well.....unless i rub my eyes or something. Hope this helps!!

Hi,

Does anyone out there have any good recommendations for mascara and eye liner that won't slide down your face or flake?  

I've been using a liquid eye liner, but recently thats been flaking all over the place and I think my mascara is flaking too.  I'd love to use a pencil eye liner but haven't had much luck with those in the past as they tend to mix with the oils from my face and give me \"raccoon eyes\" (and I'm not trying to attract male raccoons, lol).

Thanks in advance for any advice......

~nancy