Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KtotheC

Derm wants me to use accutane and tazorac together

I was recently prescribed accutane by my derm, and he said it was OK to use tazorac as long as it doesn't seem to dry my skin out to much. I've been on tane for 1 week now and my skin is pretty dry, I don't know if I should continue using tazorac. Or maybe, its normal to have dryer skin cause of the tane? can anybody give advice on this?

I used both Duac and Taz for my first two weeks on Accutane. Once I noticed slight drying, I stopped. My skin is not very dry at all, but I figured "why take any chances"? My derm did not tell me that I couldn't use the topicals, she just said "you probably won't due to skin drying"... so I just stopped when I thought it might become an issue for me and I certainly didn't want to do anything that might hurt my skin in the long run.

Yeah lol he told me it would dry a lot, but i didnt anticipate this much lol. Anyways, yeah I think ill continue with the taz to help the IB, then after 2 weeks or so ill stop.

I was recently prescribed accutane by my derm, and he said it was OK to use tazorac as long as it doesn't seem to dry my skin out to much. I've been on tane for 1 week now and my skin is pretty dry, I don't know if I should continue using tazorac. Or maybe, its normal to have dryer skin cause of the tane? can anybody give advice on this?

no way. im on max strength steivamycin and i dont' get dry at all + 40mg of accutane.

DON'T DITCH IT!

I started on taz again, hopefulyl i dont have an IB from it since i shouldnt have much acne left from all that came up from the IB of accutane :\