Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_soldier

combining oral and topical therapy for acne

I have started becoming obsessed with finding myself a cure for acne lately. I think i have done more research on acne in the last few weeks than i ever did for any subject when i was in school. I got excited when i heard about dans regime but after one week my face became worse than an alligator so i decided to start using an aha moisturizer to exfoliate my skin. I am about to start b5 therapy at 10g/day and also started to take up to 100mg of zinc after reading some interesting things on it. I am gonna keep using b/p but only for my problem areas(jaw bone). I also supplement multivitamins and protien because i'm a bodybuilder. I realize many people are more interested in knowing how a product worked for others through message boards than reading about how some company praises it and guarantees results. So I will keep people informed on how these products are working for me and my moderate acne. Peace.

okay, it is currently day five. my skin seems to finally becoming smooth because the dead skin is exfoiliating. I had a massive breakout on my right jaw bone with about 5 zits in a line that got pretty red and looked ridiculous. They are all drying up though now and i think it was caused by the bp. I decided to use st. ives salicylic acid in the mornings instead of a gentle cleanser and have notice my face become much smoother. i still use bp but will skip 1 application if my skin is red and irritated. now, for the zinc and b5. I really don't think the zinc has done anything yet but its still pretty early. I ordered revolution x b5, since they offer money back plus 50 bucks if you are unsatisfied. I take 10g a day spead out. I hope to see my oil production greatly reduced in the next couple of weeks because i have oily skin. Oh yeah, for a moisturizer i use nuetrogena face lotion because its is oil free and has glycolic acid in and seems to keep my face moisturized through the whole day.

Well its been a week since my last post. My face has totally cleared up of acne except for a cyst i'm trying to kill on the the right side of my jaw. the red spots are starting to fade as well. i don't seem to be breaking out at all the last few days which is a relief. i wanna say the b5 is working but i think its too early to say that yet. The only problem i am having is that the regime is leaving my face very dry, red and flaky. i think i am going to switch it up a bit and only use the bp in the evening. Maybe use sylicylic acid wash in the morning followed by a aha moisturizer to help exfoliate my skin and even out the skin tone and improve the texture. By the way, i am using 10g of b5 from evolution x.