Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there any possible way to prevent red marks when you are at the zit stage. Say you have a zit and you don't want it to turn into a red mark is there anything that you can do? Also I've noticed that my zits go away faster when I pop them and they don't leave as bad red marks? Is this possible or was it just coincidence?

Mine alwqys went away faster if I popped them-unless they were cysts. I use sa, aha and bp and it really took the red marks away for me.

You can't prevent the red marks. It is a bacterial infection from the acne-vulgaris (IIRC) bacteria that is in the pore. The pore gets clogged and that bacteria infects the skin which is why it turns red.

It doesn't help at all when you pop them. When you squeez the skin you do force out puss, but you push the infection FURTHER into your skin, making the redness actually last longer.

Once the zit is gone you will still have some redness for a while, this can be helped by Neutrogena Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment. It's like a lotion, it has 1.5% Sylicylic Acid in it and it does the trick for me.

If you want to get rid of the redness and a lot of the acne you should see about getting a prescription for Doxycycline. It's a powerful anti-biotic that fights the acne-vulgaris bacteria and also helps your skin produce less oil.