Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I never really had a bad acne problem as a teen, I broke out here and there, but not often, and it was never severe.

Now I am in my early 30's and I have started to break out in the last few years, it's not severe, I've seen severe cases of acne and i'm not even close. But it's enough to bother me.

I bought Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash and it seemed to be better the first few days but then it got a bit worse. I also bought Oil Of Olay's Daily Facial Sensitive Skin and that seemed to be better the first few days too, but then it got worse again too.

I think it might be my makeup. I don't want to go without it. I only wear foundation, no eye stuff or anything else. But I guess foundation isn't the best thing to wear on your skin all day. I wear Covergirl Continous Wear Make-up. It says Hypoallergenic on it. It also says Oil Free.

Also I think stress may have a lot to do with it as well.

Are there any products that anyone could recommend me to use? I need something to wash my face with. And also a foundation - I wanted to try Neutrogenas Acne Clearing makeup but it's not available in Canada.

I just want to be able to buy something in a store. I don't think it's bad enough to see a dermatologist. And I don't really want to spend a lot of money either.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give me.

I also tried that 100% pure Aloe that I read about, but it didn't really seem to help.

Thanks. O:)

This made me 100% clear:

Morning

Neutrogena acne wash- a dime size dollop with a few drops water

rub unto face & wait a couple minutes- rinse

An Alpha hydroxy lotion (can use Neutrogena healthy skin)

same as above

Moisturizer with spf

All the make-up you want

Night

Neutro. acne wash as above (this will remove all the make-up)

bp

moisturizer

This is part acne cure & part Dan's regimen

I could never wear make-up before because it would break me out but after 8 weeks of the above I can use any type of make-up I want and do not break out at all!!!!!

I think that the skin care regimen is a more important factor that whatever kind of foundation you use. For example I was using Aveda foundation and Proactive skin care and I was starting to break out horribly. As soon as I changed my skin care product my skin cleared up and I did not breakout as much. Also try to find a foundation that has the active ingredient Titanium Dioxide this will minimize your breakouts even more.

Try using the two Clean and Clear washes as posted in this board, together, I only use in my morning wash. First you use the C&C Blackhead Clearing Scrub which has Salycid Acid in it and then use the Clean & Clear continuous control which has BP in it. Then I use CLean and Clear oil free shine control moisturizer. I was also put on the Yasmin Birth Control pill and after a month of this my skin is completely clear. Try it, you'll love the Clean and Clear stuff. biggrin.gif/

Hi there, I think that I can help. I have never joined any sort of on-line message board thing but this site really touched my heart and I felt like I needed to register to share my story of success. I am 28 years old and had suffered from acne since the age of 12. I have tried practically everything and honestly spent $1,000's trying to improve my complexion.I tried pro-active, retin-a, birth control pills, anti-biotics, biomedic products, skin ceuticals, many many others and that neutragena acne wash ...which I had a very similar response to in that it helped for a short while and then huge break-outs followed. My miracle came when after trying numerous facials, microdermabrasions and peels I ran into a product line called Obagi nu-derm, this program truly saved me along with some other changes in my routine that have had a dramatic impact on my skin.This is what I did over 16 months ago and I am still able to answer the door or go outside with no makeup on and feel like a human being.

a.m. first thing in the morning drink 8oz of H2O

* Obagi step 1 foamin gel cleanser (pea size amount)

* Clindamycin phosphate topical solution usp 1%

* Obagi step 2 toner to balance skin ph

* Obagi step 3 Clear (pea size again)this is a skin bleaching and corrector cream to even out skin tone...it works!

* Obagi step 4 exfoderm cream ( ditto) this helped get rid of all the little bumps everywhere

* Fallene Cotz spf 58sunscreen (dime size amount) The sunscreen is really important and will NOT make you break out. I have tried dozens of sunscreen and this one in non-oily and its a miracle, you can get it at www.totalblock.com

MAKE-UP really PLEASE PLEASE try this stuff its AMAZING. I believe that I have spent more $ on foundations than any woman alive. I used to have a shoe box full of all kinds of foundations from cover girl to chanel to christian dior...loads of cash just wasted. If you suffer from acne or just want a natural clear complexion you must try this:

UNIFIANCE from La Roche-Posay labratories. Its the unifiance correcteur de teint...TRUST ME if you dont try any other make up in your life time please try this stuff.Its oil-free, great coverage and ultra fine feel. Before my skin really cleared up I would also use this in conjunction with Jane Iredales pressed compact foundation that you apply with a small brush...GREAT coverage and it feels like nothing. I now don't even use the Jane Iredale and only a pea size amount of the unifiance to cover my entire face. Not in 10 years have I used such a small amount of make-up. I was too self conscious before. At night this is my rountine:

Step 1 obagi, clindamycin, step 2 obagi, step 3 obagi and SKIP step 4 use either differin or whatever else your dermatologist has perscribed. The differin works fine for me but sometimes I just skip it when my skin is feeling a bit dry. I must add this>>>I have avoided refined carbs as much as possible, (pasta, sodas, crackers, cereals, breads) and noticed that really did help too. I also take Dr. Perricones skin clear vitamin packets and they help too and I try my best to tale a Tabelspoon of flaxseed oil mixed in with yogurt or cottage cheese every day..Only a small amount of yogurt 1/4-1/2 cup and lots of water....I really hope that this helps. Yes, its sounds like a lot of steps to do. But it only takes 7-10 min tops in the a.m. or p.m. and CHANGED MY LIFE. I wish you could see before and after pictures to realize what a difference this has made for me. I am college educated and have researched acne on my own for several years and I needed to pass on what worked for me. This entire deal will probably cost you around $100 but it will last you for nearly a year and is SO worth it. I also recommend if you can afford it to go and see an aestitician(some one who is affiliated with a dermatoligist or plastic surgen, they are the nmost informed with acne sufferers..the spa ones never did a service to my skin ) try to see someone who carries the obagi line, even if they dont its a good idea to see an aestitician. They should give you microdermabrasion every 2 weeks for about 2 months and or a peel. It will jump start your progress and help tremendously in assisting your skin. Please be sure that the aestitician does not scrape your skin before treatments (people who have had facials will understand what I am talking about) some aestiticians like to remove all the hair from your face before starting a peel of a facial and it really aggrevates acne. Your skin may feel smoother after the treatment but look out for the zits to begin appearing. I am hoping that this reaches you guys and will save you loads of money and buckets of tears. I wish that I had discovered this line earlier in life but I am grateful for it now. If you have your own skin program that you are happy with, great but try this make-up PLEASE, it rules!!!!! ALSO I just finished reading Dr. Perricones book on Acne treatment and I think that he has valid points. I do believe that diet does play a part in acne sufferers but I'm not sure if I can stand all that salmon...best of luck and please let me know how it's going, all my love, tj

Hi, i also had problems with acne starting in my late twenties (am now 30), when i never had problems before. I did some research and it turns out I'm sensitive to Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a detergent that is in most shampoos and cleansers. My forehead was the worst, very broken out in a rash-type acne that didn't respond to anything. Once i started using shampoos without SLS, and a cleanser without SLS, my breakouts were limited to the monthly hormonal zits (which respond to benzoyl peroxide).

I'm not saying this is the reason for everyone's acne, but i wonder if those of us who develop acne later in life, after having relatively few problems before, might be developing a sensitivity to SLS or other irritants? Hmm.

Anyway, this is what i use:

Cleanser (AM and PM) Jason Natural Super C Gentle Cleanser

Neutrogena On the Spot (i use this on the areas that are prone to the breakouts)

Eucerin Renewal for Sensitive Skin--thinking about trying Olay Regenerist, though.

For shampoos i limit myself to Aveda All Sensitive (no SLS) or Avalon Organics.

Hi there, I think that I can help. I have never joined any sort of on-line message board thing but this site really touched my heart and I felt like I needed to register to share my story of success. I am 28 years old and had suffered from acne since the age of 12. I have tried practically everything and honestly spent $1,000's trying to improve my complexion.I tried pro-active, retin-a, birth control pills, anti-biotics, biomedic products, skin ceuticals, many many others and that neutragena acne wash ...which I had a very similar response to in that it helped for a short while and then huge break-outs followed. My miracle came when after trying numerous facials, microdermabrasions and peels I ran into a product line called Obagi nu-derm, this program truly saved me along with some other changes in my routine that have had a dramatic impact on my skin.This is what I did over 16 months ago and I am still able to answer the door or go outside with no makeup on and feel like a human being.

a.m. first thing in the morning drink 8oz of H2O

* Obagi step 1 foamin gel cleanser (pea size amount)

* Clindamycin phosphate topical solution usp 1%

* Obagi step 2 toner to balance skin ph

* Obagi step 3 Clear (pea size again)this is a skin bleaching and corrector cream to even out skin tone...it works!

* Obagi step 4 exfoderm cream ( ditto) this helped get rid of all the little bumps everywhere

* Fallene Cotz spf 58sunscreen (dime size amount) The sunscreen is really important and will NOT make you break out. I have tried dozens of sunscreen and this one in non-oily and its a miracle, you can get it at www.totalblock.com

MAKE-UP really PLEASE PLEASE try this stuff its AMAZING. I believe that I have spent more $ on foundations than any woman alive. I used to have a shoe box full of all kinds of foundations from cover girl to chanel to christian dior...loads of cash just wasted. If you suffer from acne or just want a natural clear complexion you must try this:

UNIFIANCE from La Roche-Posay labratories. Its the unifiance correcteur de teint...TRUST ME if you dont try any other make up in your life time please try this stuff.Its oil-free, great coverage and ultra fine feel. Before my skin really cleared up I would also use this in conjunction with Jane Iredales pressed compact foundation that you apply with a small brush...GREAT coverage and it feels like nothing. I now don't even use the Jane Iredale and only a pea size amount of the unifiance to cover my entire face. Not in 10 years have I used such a small amount of make-up. I was too self conscious before. At night this is my rountine:

Step 1 obagi, clindamycin, step 2 obagi, step 3 obagi and SKIP step 4 use either differin or whatever else your dermatologist has perscribed. The differin works fine for me but sometimes I just skip it when my skin is feeling a bit dry. I must add this>>>I have avoided refined carbs as much as possible, (pasta, sodas, crackers, cereals, breads) and noticed that really did help too. I also take Dr. Perricones skin clear vitamin packets and they help too and I try my best to tale a Tabelspoon of flaxseed oil mixed in with yogurt or cottage cheese every day..Only a small amount of yogurt 1/4-1/2 cup and lots of water....I really hope that this helps. Yes, its sounds like a lot of steps to do. But it only takes 7-10 min tops in the a.m. or p.m. and CHANGED MY LIFE. I wish you could see before and after pictures to realize what a difference this has made for me. I am college educated and have researched acne on my own for several years and I needed to pass on what worked for me. This entire deal will probably cost you around $100 but it will last you for nearly a year and is SO worth it. I also recommend if you can afford it to go and see an aestitician(some one who is affiliated with a dermatoligist or plastic surgen, they are the nmost informed with acne sufferers..the spa ones never did a service to my skin ) try to see someone who carries the obagi line, even if they dont its a good idea to see an aestitician. They should give you microdermabrasion every 2 weeks for about 2 months and or a peel. It will jump start your progress and help tremendously in assisting your skin. Please be sure that the aestitician does not scrape your skin before treatments (people who have had facials will understand what I am talking about) some aestiticians like to remove all the hair from your face before starting a peel of a facial and it really aggrevates acne. Your skin may feel smoother after the treatment but look out for the zits to begin appearing. I am hoping that this reaches you guys and will save you loads of money and buckets of tears. I wish that I had discovered this line earlier in life but I am grateful for it now. If you have your own skin program that you are happy with, great but try this make-up PLEASE, it rules!!!!! ALSO I just finished reading Dr. Perricones book on Acne treatment and I think that he has valid points. I do believe that diet does play a part in acne sufferers but I'm not sure if I can stand all that salmon...best of luck and please let me know how it's going, all my love, tj