Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beebs

Sodium Sulfacetamide 10%and sulfur

was just prescribed this med as i have been experiencing a breakout of tons of tiny zits after going off birth control. i've read the reviews on this, and a lot of people say it is great!!! the other meds were giving me really dry skin, so my current derm said this would soften it up.

have been using it for a week now, and have noticed MORE zits. is this normal and part of the process of my skin purging? anyone have experience with this topical and have the same thing happen?

I'm using Sodium Sulfacetamide + Sulfur right now( marketed as Plexion ). I honestly don't know how normal initial breakouts are for this. I didn't really notice one when I started using it. I think you should give it more time.. initial breakouts seem to happen for SOME people with nearly every product. Sorry I can't provide a better answer, but from what I've read it's always hard to tell what a product is doing after just one week.

you know what? i think this is working! my skin looks really clear and better yet--the flaky peeliness i got with differin and dalacin t gel is gone. the initial break out is going away and my skin looks healthier than it has it months. hmm!