Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scylla

Facials on Accutane

I just started accutane a couple days ago. I would really like to get a facial within the next couple months. My skin has a lot of black heads and its very uneven..it seems like I have a lot of bumps, but they aren't zits of any kind. I have extremely large pores that can hold enormous amounts of crap. I think a facial could really help my skin.

The only problem is..I hear skin is fragile while on this medication and I'm not sure if having my skin exfoliated, steamed, rubbed, masked, extracted, etc is going to be okay?

Has anyone on accutane gone to a day spa to have a facial??

Any recommendations?

I suggest not. Even drying my face with a towel causes pain and a little irritation. Rather wait until a few months after your course is finished - everyone is different but I wouldn't want to take the risk.

I just started accutane a couple days ago. I would really like to get a facial within the next couple months. My skin has a lot of black heads and its very uneven..it seems like I have a lot of bumps, but they aren't zits of any kind. I have extremely large pores that can hold enormous amounts of crap. I think a facial could really help my skin.

The only problem is..I hear skin is fragile while on this medication and I'm not sure if having my skin exfoliated, steamed, rubbed, masked, extracted, etc is going to be okay?

Has anyone on accutane gone to a day spa to have a facial??

Any recommendations?

If you want a facial, go to an esthetician that works along side a dermatologist. Don't go to a day spa.

I had a facial one month into treatment, and am scheduled for my next one in about one week. The esthetician is being extra careful with my skin and told me that if my skin feels too irritated, to feel free to cancel my appt.

So far, my skin is not too bad.

The esthetician must be extra carefull.

I have very good esthetician.

I have one facial treatment before i start Accutane and after 2-3 weeks.

I will go again.

I have clogged pores with acne co i need to go on facial treatment.

Initial breakout will kill me, if i do not go to clear my face.

So, it is ok to go but very very carefull and go there where you know for somebody with experience.

And, i must say my face on accutane after facial back to normal faster than before!