Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AloCubano

Im through with this

Man Ive been on this "regimen" for about 44 days now, which is MORE then enough time for it to succeed. This is rediculous, because I have RELIGOUSLY followed this program, I have watched the videos, read the posts, posted, and have not improved. I used the exact products, and it has failed me completely. True, I have not worsened substantially but I have also not improved. I am very very frustrated with this program and my acne. But, I believe that before when I was in wrestling season my skin looked way better then it does now. I am through with this and will listen to my mother with her advice on how to cure myself from this. Do not take this as of offense, but I believe that this may work for some but not for others. And I am very very disheartened that it did not work. My acne was mild-moderate and it should have at least improved substantially by now, but it has NOT. I am writing this not to ask for help, seeing as any help that I recieved has also failed me, but to resign from this program. This is no longer something that I view as worth following through any longer with. Good Bye.

have you been watching your level of sugar intake and your diet? your acne is not going to improve if your not feeding your body wrong.. also exercise?

44 days is not that much. That's 1 month and 2 weeks.

Wait 3 months.

Can it really be that long??

I'm in about the same situation as the guy who posted.. I'm in week 7 and I haven't had any "clear periods" yet. I just seem to get new breakouts every other day, and added to the acne is that now I have to be concerned about having DRY skin too. Waiting 3 months while having to buy the products needed, and furthermore feel like your skin is just getting more and more sensitive, and then maybe find out after 3 months that "oh well, this probably just doesn't work for me" just seems impossible to go through.

Hmm

Wait 3 months.

I agree!

AloCubano,

I know you are very disappointed and frustrated, but do consider hanging in there. It can take stubborn acne up to three months or so before sustainable results can be seen.

Please look at the logs of "Celebration" and "StarLogic". Both of those ladies had stubborn persistent acne and they hung in there, it took several months, but now they are doing sooooo well! They are really a good inspiration to people who are frustrated and wanting to give up.

Please consider hanging in there, you've come this far already.

If you are willing, please list your products and how you are using them and let's figure this out.

I am on day 43, week 7, and JUST THIS WEEK did I have my first clear day with no new acne. Old acne from last couple weeks still clearing. You just have to understand that not everyone sees immediate results. Dan and everyone says that you MUST commit to at least 3 months. That's my aim and I'm not giving up even though it is frustrating to be this far in and just now seeing results, but I'm so glad I stuck it out!

I didn't have my first clear day until my 8th week. I am so glad that I stuck with it.

Cam >B)

Wait 3 months.

Can it really be that long??

I'm in about the same situation as the guy who posted.. I'm in week 7 and I haven't had any "clear periods" yet. I just seem to get new breakouts every other day, and added to the acne is that now I have to be concerned about having DRY skin too. Waiting 3 months while having to buy the products needed, and furthermore feel like your skin is just getting more and more sensitive, and then maybe find out after 3 months that "oh well, this probably just doesn't work for me" just seems impossible to go through.

Hmm

I am on day 43, week 7, and JUST THIS WEEK did I have my first clear day with no new acne. Old acne from last couple weeks still clearing. You just have to understand that not everyone sees immediate results. Dan and everyone says that you MUST commit to at least 3 months. That's my aim and I'm not giving up even though it is frustrating to be this far in and just now seeing results, but I'm so glad I stuck it out!

I had a few days, 3 or so, with my right side of the face being almost clear, only with a little on the jawline, but then out of nowhere: 4 painful cysts (or that other kind) appears and I just KNOW they are gonna stay there for at least a week from now + it just seems to flare up everywhere. Talk about being demoralised :(

AloCubano is right...

When are you people going to stop saying it WORKS when it doesn't for everyone???? It's pissing me off and people like me, for whom this CSR didn't work. Great if it worked for you...BRAVO! That doesn't mean it will for everyone.

I had mild, very mild acne...Actually, some people had no idea I had skin problems. But now they do! Now my face is covered in big pimplesand a dry and bumpy skin.I honnestly don"t see why things would get better in the next weeks since I haven"t seen improvement so far.(the only improvement I've seen is after the breakouts, when my skin got back to the way it was for a day or two)

NO!This doesn't work for everyone. And it would be interesting to see a poll about CSR, cuz reading trough the forums, I realised that in the majority of the cases, it wasn't successful.

And what's that about not eating sugar and exercising. God! If I listened to all that crap, I'd only eat-drink water and lettuce. And if it had something to do with sugar, why the f *** should we buy so many products?

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Find me 10 people with mild acne that only cleared after 3 months on the CSR and stayed clear. Please...10 people!

You're right. It doesn't work for everyone. It did work for me.

I think we're all just trying to help each other out. Can't we all just get along? ;)

Cam >B)

AloCubano is right...

When are you people going to stop saying it WORKS when it doesn't for everyone???? It's pissing me off and people like me, for whom this CSR didn't work. Great if it worked for you...BRAVO! That doesn't mean it will for everyone.

I had mild, very mild acne...Actually, some people had no idea I had skin problems. But now they do! Now my face is covered in big pimplesand a dry and bumpy skin.I honnestly don"t see why things would get better in the next weeks since I haven"t seen improvement so far.(the only improvement I've seen is after the breakouts, when my skin got back to the way it was for a day or two)

NO!This doesn't work for everyone. And it would be interesting to see a poll about CSR, cuz reading trough the forums, I realised that in the majority of the cases, it wasn't successful.

And what's that about not eating sugar and exercising. God! If I listened to all that crap, I'd only eat-drink water and lettuce. And if it had something to do with sugar, why the f *** should we buy so many products?

Find me 10 people with mild acne that only cleared after 3 months on the CSR and stayed clear. Please...10 people!

ok heres my two cents. I think the reason this regimen does not work for everyone comes down to the products they choose. A lot of the products that dan recommends are in fact comedogenic, and very irritating. including his cleanser. It contains sodium laureth sulfate, a major irritant and comedogenic ingrediant. Just because a product says "oil free" or "non-comedogenic", means absolutely NOTHING. The phrase non-comedogenic is not regulated by the FDA, so any brand can write it on the box even if the product will clog the hell out of your pores.

you just need to educate yourself on ingredients and know wich ones to avoid. not just oils. dont buy a product just because it claims it is good for acne prone skin or oil free. these things are written on the packaging to sell you the product.

i've been on this thing for a long time now. i started clearing up around week 6-7 i think. by around the 8-9 week mark it started to feel really under control. i no longer post here because csr has done its job for me. i'm thankful for all those that helped. it's a good thing mods and some others still stick around to help new people. a lot of people may leave after they have gotten the regimen to work.

if you're still struggling after the 3 month mark, maybe u can then start looking into other alternatives

It would start working because in those few weeks, all the existing acne should have subsided and now all the new acne should be under control. The reason why it takes so long is that you probably have alot of existing acne. They would come out eventually...just not that quickly and usually not as bad. But I'd say its worth having breakouts for a month or two if it'll allow you to completely control it afterwards.

Again, the regimen's not for everyone. Especially for people who have very bad acne or very mild acne. People with very mild acne can probably go without treating it, and it will eventually clear up, and severe acne is just too much for BP to handle But it should work for everyone with mild-moderate acne, since acne can't really fight against any effective amount of BP, as long as you follow the instructions.

ok heres my two cents. I think the reason this regimen does not work for everyone comes down to the products they choose. A lot of the products that dan recommends are in fact comedogenic, and very irritating. including his cleanser. It contains sodium laureth sulfate, a major irritant and comedogenic ingrediant. Just because a product says "oil free" or "non-comedogenic", means absolutely NOTHING. The phrase non-comedogenic is not regulated by the FDA, so any brand can write it on the box even if the product will clog the hell out of your pores.

you just need to educate yourself on ingredients and know wich ones to avoid. not just oils. dont buy a product just because it claims it is good for acne prone skin or oil free. these things are written on the packaging to sell you the product.

So how do one "educate" oneself on these ingredients? I haven't seen a site yet that has a complete list of ingredients you might run into

AloCubano is right...

Add me to the list of people who had mild acne before the BP, and have only gotten worse because of it. Negative 1 person.

AloCubano is right...

the #1 reason i hear people say they break out is they have dry skin. look, before i started csr i thought maybe if i dont put shit on my face it will clear up. it did somewhat, but then i started putting on mositurizer everyday and my face got somewhat better just from that. and with the addition of bp its only getting better. you just gotta get the right products and right combination for you. mositurizing i would rank just as important as the bp. look at all the success stories http://www.acne.org/success.php and calm the fuck down, shit. yea dont eat sugar and exercising is such crap, i mean what assholes for trying to improve your life. :rolleyes:

I am bullish on the Regimen because I have personally seen it work on almost every single person who I can personally coach through it. But, that means I'm right there in their face making sure they're doing it right. So, Metric and AloCubano, please post the following:

1. Exactly what you're doing morning and evening, leaving nothing out

2. What products you're using

3. A brainstorm list of anything that might be irritating your skin

Once we get you precisely on the Regimen, you'll want to give it 3 months of strict adherence. Lots of people take that long for it to kick in and for them to clear up.

I would actually love to see a study done on this subject. I think it would show dramatically that the Regimen works better than anything else out there. I hope to do that sort of thing at some point. In the meantime, there have been lots of polls along the way about whether or not the regimen works, and the results have been positive. Feel free to post another if you'd like. If anyone can find one or two of those old polls please post a link here too. Thanks.

I am bullish on the Regimen because I have personally seen it work on almost every single person who I can personally coach through it. But, that means I'm right there in their face making sure they're doing it right. So, Metric and AloCubano, please post the following:

Once we get you precisely on the Regimen, you'll want to give it 3 months of strict adherence. Lots of people take that long for it to kick in and for them to clear up.

I would actually love to see a study done on this subject. I think it would show dramatically that the Regimen works better than anything else out there. I hope to do that sort of thing at some point. In the meantime, there have been lots of polls along the way about whether or not the regimen works, and the results have been positive. Feel free to post another if you'd like. If anyone can find one or two of those old polls please post a link here too. Thanks.

This is easy for you to say, considering:

1. It's YOUR regimen. (What I mean by this is it works for you)

2. You did take accutane, correct? And even if that didn't fully work on you, if I'm not mistaken, you currently only have acne on your lower face (chin area)

Personally, my chin was my biggest problem area. I can honestly say it is now flawless. Absolutely perfect. The rest of my face? Not so much. It's a horrible mess of clogged pores and red skin. That being said, I can argue that the regimen works on the chin area the best, and perhaps only. It's easy when you don't have to apply BP to a large portion of your face. I wish it could be that easy for some of us. I've listed "what products I use" a million times on this site, followed the regimen to a T for a full year. I have mild acne, mild in the mildest form. But it's acne nonetheless. You can't honestly believe the regimen could work for everyone. One thing that works for one person, will not necessarily work for everyone. I've seen it posted on this site a bunch, we all have different skin. Just take a look around at everyones signatures, most of them are doing something different, sometimes completely different, usually through trial and error with this regimen, and found something that suits their skin. That being said, I can't grasp the concept of applying something so powerful it bleaches clothes and hair, to my face in LARGE amounts, TWICE a day, anymore. It's a catch-22. Some people benefit from BP, sure. Some also benefit from SA. Some from other medications. If this (or any other regimen) doesn't work for someone, then maybe they do need to try something different. Again, it seems really easy to say it works great when you aren't applying these products to the entire face, like most of us are doing. Just my .02

AloCubano is right...

Add me to the list of people who had mild acne before the BP, and have only gotten worse because of it. Negative 1 person.

Plus 1 person here.

Back to zero.

This is easy for you to say, considering:

1. It's YOUR regimen. (What I mean by this is it works for you)

2. You did take accutane, correct? And even if that didn't fully work on you, if I'm not mistaken, you currently only have acne on your lower face (chin area)

Personally, my chin was my biggest problem area. I can honestly say it is now flawless. Absolutely perfect. The rest of my face? Not so much. It's a horrible mess of clogged pores and red skin. That being said, I can argue that the regimen works on the chin area the best, and perhaps only. It's easy when you don't have to apply BP to a large portion of your face. I wish it could be that easy for some of us. I've listed "what products I use" a million times on this site, followed the regimen to a T for a full year. I have mild acne, mild in the mildest form. But it's acne nonetheless. You can't honestly believe the regimen could work for everyone. One thing that works for one person, will not necessarily work for everyone. I've seen it posted on this site a bunch, we all have different skin. Just take a look around at everyones signatures, most of them are doing something different, sometimes completely different, usually through trial and error with this regimen, and found something that suits their skin. That being said, I can't grasp the concept of applying something so powerful it bleaches clothes and hair, to my face in LARGE amounts, TWICE a day, anymore. It's a catch-22. Some people benefit from BP, sure. Some also benefit from SA. Some from other medications. If this (or any other regimen) doesn't work for someone, then maybe they do need to try something different. Again, it seems really easy to say it works great when you aren't applying these products to the entire face, like most of us are doing. Just my .02

I'm not going to speak for Dan, but most of the regimen users here DO apply BP to their whole face. I've been doing it twice a day for over nine months now, and the results you have had on your chin are what I have had on my whole face. The only part of my face that doesn't break out is the skin around my eyelids--everywhere is a problem area. Hence, I have to apply BP all over. I'm gentle, I use good products, and what do you know, it works just like Dan said it would. If you're not game for the regimen, fine, it's absolutely your choice, but having dinked around with a lot of ineffective acne treatments before, I firmly believe in this one.

I had exremely mild breakouts. I won't even call it acne cause we're talking a few pimples, but I also had tons of clogged pores. My forhead felt sooo bumpy. When I started the regimen I stopped getting the little pimples and started getting the huge, red, painful, cyst like bumps. I started to lose faith and thought it's just making it worse. I never had painful bumps like that. I tweaked my products a bit and even though I did only have the occasional pimple, it still took 3 months to get clear. My skin is completely clear now and I have no bumpy clogged pores anymore. Not all the products listed work for everyone. I started with cetaphil and it only made me worse cause it was too gentle for my oily skin. I tried so many things, even pharmecutical grade things, and nothing worked. No, not everything works for everyone, but I think the idea of the regimen is good for anyone. It's all about finding the products that work for you. Dan doesn't say, "use this product and you'll never have skin problems again!" he says that we need to be more gentle, find the right products, and take the time to take care of our skin. I applaud dan. He's not trying to sell some gimmick. He has his products yes, but he isn't saying to solely use them. He offers advice on other products and NO corporation trying to make money would do that. That's why I even tried it, cause it wasn't "buy my stuff". You have to be willing to give it time (3 months at least) and you have to be prepared for some trial and error until you find the products that work best for you. Also, the amount of bp needed can vary from person to person. I can't use a full thick finger or my skin gets a little funky. I started using a thinner line and that helped a lot. I apply the bp all over, except by my eyes of course, even places I didn't usually break out. I did get worse at first, but I just had to find the products that worked best for me. I know the acv I use isn't part of the regimen, but I also want to make it known I was clear when I started using it. I started using it to help control my oil and for that reason only.

I have been on the Regimen for over 2 months now, and my acne is WORSE>

I have followed it EXACTLY also.

I appreciate this website and the idea behind the system and the attitude it gives off, but truly this regimen is not an answer to all, even when followed to a T.

My acne is getting worse, my face has progressively gotten redder and redder, and worst of all, an entire NEW section of acne formed on my forehead (never had a problem there in my entire life until after using the CSR, and I didnt even apply it to that area).

I say this now in the most frusturation I've had yet because today I looked in the mirror and noticed overall, my condition is pretty much twice as bad.

I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and Dans BP gel.

:wall:

3 months seem to be the general opinion of how long to give the CSR to work. Problem is, most people, myself included, have been on the CSR for well over 3 months. Almost a year in my case. How much longer should we continue to use something that obviously isn't working for us? Just keep hoping one day it will magically start working? The CSR either works for you, or it doesn't, and eventually something new has to be tried if it isn't giving the results we expect.