Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

no jaffa. i want to join the navy, but now i cant because they dont take people that self injure. even if youve been on antidepressants they wont take you.

i thought i could be a strong enough person to handle the navy, but obviously im not.

You cut yourself so you cant join the navy??not quite sure im following you

they probably cant accept people who have a self-harming past as the navy is stressful enough and they dont want to get sued if something happens whilst a person is working for them.

i thought i could be a strong enough person to handle the navy, but obviously im not.

its not that you're not strong enough, it just they are saving themselves from any potential financial trouble in the future.

no jaffa. i want to join the navy, but now i cant because they dont take people that self injure. even if youve been on antidepressants they wont take you.

Interesting... so that's how you can dodge the draft. I'll keep this in mind when Rumy tells us the President of Iran is shooting nuclear-laser-beam-of-mass-destruction out of his eyes.

*hugs* i've been where you are and i know what it feels like. feel free to talk to me anytime.

I had to give up a dream in the armed forces due to being on anti-depressants, i think after that it was just a downward spiral of frustration for me over my dreams being limited.

*hugs*

ignorant. people.

They're not ignorant, they're just being careful, remember a few years back that guy that was suicidal blew himself up and some of his fellow marines with a hand grenade?

I'm a recovering cutter myself, and I want to let you know, Mrs. Sweetie Pie, if you ever need to to talk, please feel free to PM me. If not me, then other people here that have offered. There are lots of people here who care.

Self mutaliation is a way, Rosemarie, a bad way, certaintly, but a way to attempt to move the pain from the inside to the outside. When a person isn't able or willing to verbalize emotional states, they often become physically presented. Tearing your skin on the outside is fairly symbolic of being torn up on the inside.

There is also the very biological basis behind self-mutalation; when a body recieves a wound, it rushes dopamine, adrelenine, and seretonin. Natures own painkillers. Normally, we're too busy cursing to notice, but cutters often rely on that "physical" sense of calm that comes from cutting.

That's why people cut. The harder - but truer question is - why and how do they stop?

((((hugs to Sweetie)))) Please keep talking, please keep sharing. This is obviously hurting really bad, this is what we are here for.

ignorant. people.

They're not ignorant, they're just being careful, remember a few years back that guy that was suicidal blew himself up and some of his fellow marines with a hand grenade?

I meant the people here being judgemental about self injury.

ignorant. people.

I meant the people here being judgemental about self injury.

Oh.

Well then, they can judgemental. I used to cut. but looking back on it. It was fucking stupid. I don't even get the point of it and I'm scared of knives now.

Sounds like just an excuse but w/e. If you really wanted to join the Navy, there is no way you would tell your recruiter "oh by the way i cut myself yesterday", cuz thats the only way they would find out and turn you down for enlistment. I guess its better you backed out now though instead of during boot camp or duty

I'm a recovering cutter myself, and I want to let you know, Mrs. Sweetie Pie, if you ever need to to talk, please feel free to PM me. If not me, then other people here that have offered. There are lots of people here who care.

Self mutaliation is a way, Rosemarie, a bad way, certaintly, but a way to attempt to move the pain from the inside to the outside. When a person isn't able or willing to verbalize emotional states, they often become physically presented. Tearing your skin on the outside is fairly symbolic of being torn up on the inside.

There is also the very biological basis behind self-mutalation; when a body recieves a wound, it rushes dopamine, adrelenine, and seretonin. Natures own painkillers. Normally, we're too busy cursing to notice, but cutters often rely on that "physical" sense of calm that comes from cutting.

That's why people cut. The harder - but truer question is - why and how do they stop?

((((hugs to Sweetie)))) Please keep talking, please keep sharing. This is obviously hurting really bad, this is what we are here for.

thank you. thanks everyone who gives me support.

im kinda confused. kinda scared.

Sounds like a blessing in disguise. Military politics aside, the worst thing one can do is throw themself into the deep end.

Take a step back, work through your problems one at a time so as not to overwhelm yourself, then take another stab at getting in when you honestly feel/know you are ready. Both Physically and Psychologically.

Sounds like just an excuse but w/e. If you really wanted to join the Navy, there is no way you would tell your recruiter "oh by the way i cut myself yesterday", cuz thats the only way they would find out and turn you down for enlistment. I guess its better you backed out now though instead of during boot camp or duty

the scars?

-

did you cut deeply? like a bad cut