Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Helloss. (:

I've posted here quite a few times before, helping others, who'd also help me.

Right now, I'm stuck in a rut. I really need your opinion on what I should do. Here's the update.

I'm a junior in high school, taking photography as my elective. Right now, we are currently taking head shots of ourselves, and to me, that's a big issue. Today, I went outside with a partner, took a few pictures, uploaded them, saw them, and I almost started to tear up. Being a guy, that's a huge deal, hah. I saw this high resolution picture of my face, COVERED with acne. It was so horrible that I just closed the program and turned off my computer for the rest of the period.

I really don't want to do this project, yet I do, just not my face. I'm afraid people might look at it, and say, "My god, he's ugly." and I don't want that. I don't want to have to look at my blotchy red face with bumps, it's horrible.

Do you think I should discuss this with my teacher? Asking her if I can get an alternate project, or take a photo of something else? If so, how would I present myself to her? "I hate my face, so I don't want to take a picture of myself."?

I know I can photoshop it to make it blemish-free, but I'd just present myself as a fake, and I don't want that.

I really need someone's opinion on this and what to do. HELP!

//edit

For those who want to see what I'm talking about, here is my headshot. ):

you dont look bad at all. really, i wouldnt worry about it. do you have a "good" side. maybe if you glance to the side you'll look better. are you allowed to take the pic with a hat on? you could glance down and look all mysertious. then some shade will cover your face.

Helloss. (:

I've posted here quite a few times before, helping others, who'd also help me.

Right now, I'm stuck in a rut. I really need your opinion on what I should do. Here's the update.

I'm a junior in high school, taking photography as my elective. Right now, we are currently taking head shots of ourselves, and to me, that's a big issue. Today, I went outside with a partner, took a few pictures, uploaded them, saw them, and I almost started to tear up. Being a guy, that's a huge deal, hah. I saw this high resolution picture of my face, COVERED with acne. It was so horrible that I just closed the program and turned off my computer for the rest of the period.

I really don't want to do this project, yet I do, just not my face. I'm afraid people might look at it, and say, "My god, he's ugly." and I don't want that. I don't want to have to look at my blotchy red face with bumps, it's horrible.

Do you think I should discuss this with my teacher? Asking her if I can get an alternate project, or take a photo of something else? If so, how would I present myself to her? "I hate my face, so I don't want to take a picture of myself."?

I know I can photoshop it to make it blemish-free, but I'd just present myself as a fake, and I don't want that.

I really need someone's opinion on this and what to do. HELP!

//edit

For those who want to see what I'm talking about, here is my headshot. ):

OMG, we did that for health class I was soooooooo embarassed.

yea, thats a good one---B&W makes everyone look good. you wont even be able to tell you have acne---i mean, it doesnt even look too bad in your pic you posted.

i was expecting a guy with some really bad acne, but i saw your pic and its really not bad at all. i'd say go ahead and do the picture but try to distant yourself from the camera a bit if you are really worried about the acne

I agree with one of the previous posters. Photoshop some of the blemishes so it doesn't look fake. Just leave some like that..

Your skin isn't bad at all. And, when you photoshop some..and leave some blemishes untouched..your picture will look perfect!! It won't look fake either!

Thanks for the replies.

It's a "headshot" which means that it has to be upclose like that, and when I look at that image, I want to punch a hole through my monitor.

I know it's probably not that bad compared to other people, but in my class, I'm the worst of worse. It's horrific.

Making it B&W sounds great too, might try that. (: