Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Split

Worst thing said to you...

The worst thing that has been said to me is from my mother.

I had been working in a restaurant as a waiter this summer and one day when I was home my mother says, that I had to much acne to be a waiter and serve guests, because I would disgust them.

You could guess that that tore me up pretty bad. The worst thing is that I was very happy at that point, because the co-workers were nice and everything was going well, even got a job offering from another restaurant saying that they had seen me work and wanted me to come and work for them if I wanted to.

If someone else had said it I wouldn't have taken offence, but that was a stab in the heart that I don't know if I can forget.

Guest Sebastian_K

Damn, what a fuked up thing to say. Its hurts huh?

Heres a few things i can remember being said to me:

'How can you go out? Dont people look at you thinking 'wtf'? My bro

'Im calling you by that dogs name coz youre ugly' An ex, who was calling me after an ugly dog.

guy20- ru hulk hogan?

Erm for me it was when i was about 15 and some twatface at a NYE party said to me " whats all that shit on your face". A friend stuck up for me and called him a twat...

A good come back Ive just thought of would have been saying somethin about his mum kissing me and me coming out in a freaky rash from it.

I just went to cafe, and got some water & gummie bears

and the stupid teller person said " you should not eat gummie bears, they are not good for your skin'

wtf, serve me, don't say anything, thanks for your igorance for a problem you've never had

next time she says something, I will poliety asked her not to not talk to me, GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

BWAHAHAHA, Charles! That was awesome! I will not be attending my own mother's funeral..........gives me something to think about!

QUOTE(someoneinengland @ Sep 25 2006, 08:48 PM) *

guy20- ru hulk hogan?

yes

I saw you once in orlando, florida when i was 10. U made a cameo appearance in the ring. I prefer Bret the hitman heart. And locking the Ultimate Warrior in a room full of snakes wasnt nice was it!

I had been working in a restaurant as a waiter this summer and one day when I was home my mother says, that I had to much acne to be a waiter and serve guests, because I would disgust them.

You could guess that that tore me up pretty bad. The worst thing is that I was very happy at that point, because the co-workers were nice and everything was going well, even got a job offering from another restaurant saying that they had seen me work and wanted me to come and work for them if I wanted to.

If someone else had said it I wouldn't have taken offence, but that was a stab in the heart that I don't know if I can forget.

I totally feel you! My mother can be really insensitive sometimes since she never had to deal with acne. One time she took me out to eat with her friends. One of my mother's friend also brought her daughter who happens to be kind of cute. This friend of my mother's really liked me and was joking about hooking up with her daughter. I know it wasn't serious and you know how mothers are when they're with friends. Then my mother suddenly brings up about the pimples on my skin saying she had wished she had a beautiful daughter. I wasn't bothered by the fact that she wanted a daughter because I knew she was joking but her comment on my skin really made me feel insecure. At this time, my acne wasn't even bad! Ya, I rarely go anywhere with my mother anymore.

I was looking at the fundations at the make-up shop and then the lady who works there came up 2 me and said, "Oh sweety u need some thick concealer"...i was like : / geez thanx

I was looking at the fundations at the make-up shop and then the lady who works there came up 2 me and said, "Oh sweety u need some thick concealer"...i was like : / geez thanx

hmm actually i think maybe the lady was just trying to be nice?i dunno

actually what really hurts the most and can be considered the WORST thing is when someone who is supposed to love you too much to hurt you and whom you love lots like your family members say mean things to you about your acne.my father once criticised my skin and compared my whole appearance to shit.hurts lots.

I have major self esteem issues from having all my worth centered on looks. My parents paraded me around as the "thin, little daugher" growing up and everyone was astounded how tiny i was, doll-like.

Then all of a sudden the comments about how i'm going to be fat just wait and see.

In high school some friends told me "do us a favor and don't wear a swimsuit...we don't want to see chicken legs"

but you know what? its 7 years later and i'm going to show them!!!! i look 180 degrees different from how i was. i have some shape.

I still have self esteem issues and freak out over my skin but as that Counting Crows song says "i may not go to heaven...but i hope you go to hell".

They don't get it. they never will so fuck em. who needs em! you're great the way you are :)

"your face is so loaded with zits its like the surface of mars" - brother

"damn dude, your acne is so friggin bad, why dont you use some soap?" an old friend

the first step to solving a problem like that is confronting it.

without a doubt, i feel you should really tell your mother about how it made you feel, and if you feel like she's too ignorant to respect it, than you have nothing to lose.

you can either learn something from your dialogue with her, about her, or else you can learn something about the way people interact.

and through that you can find some closure about how someone you thought loved you could hurt you so much.

good luck

Yes but dont worry about it too much. Some people are just totally ignorant about acne and the way it makes the person feel when they have it. Ignorance means people get hurt, not that they dont love you.

All the worst have came from my mother...... When she gets mad, she can be a cold heartless bitch......

When she is happy.... She is sweeter then cake....

I hate menopause.... Did I spell that right? lol

The most hurtful things ever said to me actually do not have to do with my appearance...but, then again, only three people have ever seen my back so....

anyway:

My first ex-boyfriend: I never really liked you...I just felt bad

My last and recent ex-boyfriend: My ex is coming back and I'm going to be with her so....

which will always leave me to wonder, what the hell is wrong with me?

if someone says something bad about your skin, i say just go crazy. Say fuck you, eat me, fuck off, etc etc. that lets them know not to mention it and that it bothers you. if your mom says it, say, "hey atleast i aint old." that will shut her up, im sure of it. despite what any mother says you should still go to her funeral tho. thats your mom hate it or love it. if it wasnt for her you wouldnt be here, shit you owe her something. i dont know tho, i just say that tho cause i love my mom more then anyone in the world and not going to her funeral is just not in the cards for me. :wub:

If some jackass is commenting on your skin then they want a reaction. They want to see you get angry. Don't. It's not worth it. Don't waste your time on other's ignorance.

if someone says something bad about your skin, i say just go crazy. Say fuck you, eat me, fuck off, etc etc. that lets them know not to mention it and that it bothers you. if your mom says it, say, "hey atleast i aint old." that will shut her up,

haha, yeah that reminds of a time when my dad said to me, " it must be awful being a teenager" (in reference to my acne whilst smiling and saying it in the tone of glee that was mocking me). I just replied it must terrible to be old.

and ugly.

and fat.

and bald.

his smile disappeared instanty.

the moral of the story is if someone makes you feel bad then make them feel bad as it might make you feel good in the short term (but actually makes you feel bad in the long run)

I've had a few worst things....

the most recent was when I was getting my haircut by my friends mom who owns a salon. She also does facials and stuff--she's like an estitician. She's mean. She tells her own daughters that they are fat and ugly and I think its awful. Anyways, She started going off about my skin being SOOO BAD! And asked if I had tried skin care....what in the world does she think I do? Dip my hands in grease and rub it around my face? I was irate. Of course I take care of my skin! I wash it and moisturize and see a dermatologist regularly and besides, how was it her business? But I felt so vulnerable, I was trying so hard not to cry. I didn't say anything, because when someone attacks you like that it is soooo hurtful. I don't remember exactly what she said, I do remember the look on her face when she said, "You have REALLY BAD skin." Like i don't freaking know!!!!!

My grandma has also said some pretty awful things...my mom loves me and hasn't ever said anything except that she thinks I'm beautiful...I'm glad my mom is like that.

Another sad story....my boyfriend, who is soooo wonderful and sweet and wouldn't ever say anything to hurt me, asked if I had tried that stuff jessica simpson uses. He never would have mentioned it but I brought it up--I was telling him about this new stuff I was trying. And I wanted to cry. I had used pro-active for like a year and it didn't really help at all. I just hate feeling so self conscious. I have been told I'm beautiful many times by many people, even while having acne. But people don't understand if they've never had it. And they can be so mean. They have no idea what you're going through when you look so bad...

funny thing--sometimes I am pleasantly surprised when I look in the mirror because it isn't as bad as i make it out to be in my head.

Last sad story--last saturday I was eating breakfast at Subway with my boyfriend. He was looking at me so cute--and then he reached his hand out to touch my jawline and gently pull my face in for a kiss...but I totally ruined the moment because I pulled away---FAST---when his hand touched my face. I HATE ACNE!!!!

When me and my sister were both in high school she used to say really terrible things to me whenever she was the least bit mad at me. She'd say "shutup you disgusting acne-face", "you have the worst acne in the school and everyone thinks you're disgusting". Even when she was trying to be somewhat nice (which was rare), she would say "My friends used to think you were so cute, but now they don't say anything anymore." I used to pretend these things didn't bother me, but they really ate me up inside. I was still pretty outgoing despite my acne until she went on a 2 year long tirade about my face. Looking back, I think she single-handedly made me afraid of girls. I'm afraid to say anything to them because I just picture them rejecting me and saying "ew, I would never talk to a disgusting acne-face like you." Thanks a lot sis!