Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stidrowk

crying

cried all day cause i look so terrible. i tried to cover up the redness and new bumps but it just looked worse. i need to think of excuses to tell my boyfriend so he wont see me like this. i dont know if it will get better, im so sad.

It WILL get better! You just have to give it time. Yes, it's not easy but think about the fact that in about 2 months or less your skin will be great.

You are so early on in the regimen, that the redness, dryness and breakouts are normal. Just stick with it, you can do it. :)

awww stidrowk,

Sorry you are having a rough time right now.

Tell me, what you are currently using for your Regimen?

And what type of makeup are you using?

It can be a rollercoaster ride in the beginning of the CSR, so try to be patient with it. The first few months can be rough for some people, but most who hang in there eventually get the results the want!

((hugs!!))

cried all day cause i look so terrible. i tried to cover up the redness and new bumps but it just looked worse. i need to think of excuses to tell my boyfriend so he wont see me like this. i dont know if it will get better, im so sad.

You should print out Dan's Regimen in the text format. Sit down with your BF and explain to him what you will have to go through to get clear. If he loves you as much as you appear to love him, then he will understand and support you.

Hang in there sweetheart.

I have the same problem your going through! I make up excuses not to see my b/f :( He still loves me no matter what but it is just a self esteem issue like he can go out and find another girl who doesn't have to deal with this problem. Hang in there 3 weeks ago I missed class and just sat around the house for 3 days because I looked awful (WITH MAKEUP!!) So you can imagine how I was without it. Luckily my face is looking 100x's better with make up on and the red marks are my embarassment now with make up off. Good luck to you!

hun, it's not the end of the world. it may get worse, before it gets better, but that's okay! it happens to just about everyone. i've dealt with acne for a long time & have had my ups & downs (emotionally). i don't think the way that you look right now will bother him while your skin is going through these changes. if it does bother him, he's not worth your time. stay positive!

happens to pretty much every body on the regimen, just chill you definently dont look as bad as you think. The person that has acne sees it like three times worse than it actually is or two times i dont know it's true though but still you get my point.it will get better. trust the regimen

I know it's hard to believe your b/f doesn't care.... he met you with acne, and you'll know he actually really likes you when it's looking better!

Make up can really help, especially if it's mostly redness! Mineral make up is best, and you can get it for really cheap prices (free plus cost of a make up brush)!!!

thanks everyone for your support. i ended up going out last night with my boyfriend and had a great time!

this morning my skin is still sheding and red and pimply. i really hope i see signs of improvement soon. i think ive been following dans advice, but let me know if im doing something wrong.

morning and night:

cetaphil cleanser

OTS bp

cetaphil moisturizer

other:

2 tablespoons flax seed oil

50mg zinc

yaz

as for makeup ive been using neutrogena skin clearing foundation or bare minerals.

thoughts?

thanks again.

check your neutrogena skin clearing foundation...i think it might have salicylic acid in it. if it does i would stop using that cus it could cause irritation when used in combination with the regimen. i couldnt find the ingredients online so im not positive it has salicylic acid.

check your neutrogena skin clearing foundation...i think it might have salicylic acid in it. if it does i would stop using that cus it could cause irritation when used in combination with the regimen. i couldnt find the ingredients online so im not positive it has salicylic acid.

Yeah I think it has SA in it too.

That will definitelty irritate your skin when combined with BP!!!