Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well.

I wanted to talk about the success I've had using Lemon Juice on my skin. I am of Asian descent, and as my acne has more or less stopped (due to medication and daily exfoliation), I decided to fully tackle my hyperpigmentation. Its colors range from bright red to a very dark brown, and as I am rather fair-skinned for an Asian, it makes them that more obvious.

My mom was in a car accident when she was 12 years old, and as a result, she broke 10 of her teeth and had many dark scars across her face. Her mother told her to use lemon juice, and after a year, it was almost impossible to tell that she can been in an accident.

She has been bugging me to use it for my hyperpigmentation for a long time, but I've always been too lazy or too depressed to try. (I hate looking at myself in the mirror with no makeup on) But, as I have a year off before college, I thought, hey, why not try?

I've been putting lemon juice (freshly squeezed, don't use the marketed crap, it'll make your skin worse) on my skin every night for the past two weeks (and letting it sit overnight). I'm not sure if I would reccomend that for everyone, as my skin is not very sensitive. Yes, it does sting.

I've noticed quite an improvement in my overall skin tone as well as in the darkness of my spots. Most of the brown ones have lightened in color, and practically all of the red spots are gone. I'm very happy that I have decided to use lemon juice.

Lemon juice is very sticky, and I've had issues where I've woken up with my cheek stuck to my pillow. Which is actually quite hilarious now that I think about it. So be prepared for the stinging sensation (goes away quickly), stickiness, and obvious smell in the morning.

I hope this helps you guys in some way. I'm really happy with the success I've had so far. At this rate, after two or three more months, none of my marks should be noticeable.

My best wishes to you guys.

so do you buy lemons often? I tried using the lemon juice that's already in a bottle but it didnt do anything. You must buy a lot of lemons no?

Only 2 weeks and you see result?

I tried lemon before for 2 weeks, day and night. My redmarks faded slightly, but as you said, overall skin tone was great.

Maybe I should re-try lemon?

How do you manage fresh lemon juice every night? Half lemon per night?

Ya, sticky too.

so do you buy lemons often? I tried using the lemon juice that's already in a bottle but it didnt do anything. You must buy a lot of lemons no?

Hehe, yeah. I usually buy a big bunch together, 10-12 lemons. That much can last you about 1.5-2 weeks. It's not too expensive, its cheaper than buying all those expensive creams that don't work.

Don't use the bottled stuff. It won't work at all. All the preservatives they put in it neutralize the natural acids. Even if it says "100% Natural", it probably is not.

you sure it works?

I can see how easy it is to be skeptical. I was too, so I wouldn't support something that had no effect. The most important thing is to be patient. And different skin types work differently, its important to see what is best for you.

Only 2 weeks and you see result?

I tried lemon before for 2 weeks, day and night. My redmarks faded slightly, but as you said, overall skin tone was great.

Maybe I should re-try lemon?

How do you manage fresh lemon juice every night? Half lemon per night?

Ya, sticky too.

Yeah, typically I cut a lemon in half. But I only take out about a quarter sized amount of liquid, and spread it over the affected areas. Then I place that half-lemon back into the fridge for the next day. That way I make each half last for two - three nights. If the lemon starts to brown, however, make sure to throw it out.

do you put the lemon juice only on your red marks or all over your skin? do you use half a lemon?

Just on the red marks, really. But every now and then I'll put it all over, it really improve skin tone.

Yes, half a lemon.

Lemon juice is very sticky, and I've had issues where I've woken up with my cheek stuck to my pillow.

Why don;t you apply lemon during the day?

Mostly because I have to go to work during the day, and its hard to apply makeup over it.

Lemon juice is very sticky, and I've had issues where I've woken up with my cheek stuck to my pillow.

Why don;t you apply lemon during the day?

Mostly because I have to go to work during the day, and its hard to apply makeup over it.

Ohhh, if your skintone is really good, no need to apply makeup lah.

Is it really that bad to use the bottled Lemon Juice instead of fresh squeezed? If so how come?

Because the word "FRESH".

Yeah I get that part but why are fresh lemons better? Does the lemon juice from concentrate has additives that neglect acne treatment?

Anneka: Don't use the bottled stuff. It won't work at all. All the preservatives they put in it neutralize the natural acids. Even if it says "100% Natural", it probably is not."

Hey Changbanger, fresh lemon is to fade the redmarks, not for acne treatment (unless the treatment means fading).

but if thats the only thing your using, thats ok

but if your using other medications already...wont it just become too much and irritate your skin from putting too much shit on it

but if thats the only thing your using, thats ok

but if your using other medications already...wont it just become too much and irritate your skin from putting too much shit on it

hmmm....well I mix it with egg white and I'm using Retin A 0.25/Kojic acid and Tazorac.

Honestly, I noticed an improvement in my skin in like a week to 2 using lemon juice. I see faster results than with Kojic.

I drink it every morning (diluted with 800mL water).

Many said that it helps to improve the health of the skin.

I have been drinking lemon for like a month, ya, no major improvement on my redmarks. But, overall skin tone is great.

I don't drink. The citric acid is a bit hard on the enamel of your teeth though if you drink it everyday.

I guess if you dilute with water its ok.

Does the lemon juice help with existing acne?

yes and no. The citric acid might irritate your skin and make it worse, but the aciditiy of the citric juice might kill the acne.

But I would suggest something different to treat your acne.

I was going thru a bad phase with my acne. I would have about 5-7 existing pimples and I started drinking lemon juice, drinking mango antioxidants from Trader Joes with Vitamins C, E, and A. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and now I only have 2 small existing pimples (with alot of brown marks though! :doubt:). I dont know exactly if the lemon juice helps with my acne but I guess I'm making extra effort to take care of my skin. Does anyone have success with lemon juice with their acne?

I was going thru a bad phase with my acne. I would have about 5-7 existing pimples and I started drinking lemon juice, drinking mango antioxidants from Trader Joes with Vitamins C, E, and A. I've been doing this for 2 weeks and now I only have 2 small existing pimples (with alot of brown marks though! :doubt:). I dont know exactly if the lemon juice helps with my acne but I guess I'm making extra effort to take care of my skin. Does anyone have success with lemon juice with their acne?

I guess I have.

I have been drinking 800mL diluted lemon juice everyday for about 5 weeks.

Definately, my overall skin tone is great.

No active big pimples.

But, lemon juice helps nothing to my brown/red marks.