Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SweetAmber

SweetAmber's roaccutane log

*DAY 1*

Hello everybody!

Where do I start? It’s a long story but I will keep it short though.

I am a 25 year old female and I live in Holland IPB Image. I couldn’t find such a great site as this in Dutch, so I decided to give this a go. I got (and still get) a lot of information here and that is really nice!

I am starting this log because it’s easy this way to have a diary and also have some support from you all. I think I need it because I am not a persistant type of girl actually. :snooty:

And damn have to admit, I just took my first pill and it scares me, I think it will fade but it seriously made me nervous :confused: . I have read may things, maybe to much, and I got afraid of it. But then again I see results here too and that makes me happy!

By the way, my English isn’t my best thing but I will try my best, people IPB Image

My skin:

I don’t have a bad acne face actually, my problem area is def. my chin and jawline and around my mouth. Rest of my face is acne free, though my forehead is not that smooth lately but it’s okay. It is so consistent and I have those hard, painful bumps under my skin a lot. I hate them! I also get those horrible things with white heads (or how you call them).

I tried the whole bunch. From crèmes to antibiotics to you name it over the years. Once I thought that it was over but not much later it came back to say hi again. IPB ImageIPB Image

Over the years the acne did a lot to me personally. I lost my self confidence and it just got worser getting older. I have read logs from some of you and have so many things that I recognize like the psychological effects can happen. It´s too much to mention!

I don´t think that acne caused all my problems but it had a lot (a whole lot) to do with it!

I haven’t only lost my confidence but a lot more. You know, you get in a negative circle which is hard to get out of. So much is related to everything. I have my good days and my bad days and my very bad days, and I sometimes try to avoid being out in public and going out, you know?! Just about the way I feel.

I need to be more happy with myself and don't give shit about what people think of me!

Well, I that's it for now. Never thought that I would ever start with accutane really. Let's do this!

Oow and I will try to add some pics of my problem skin. I hate pictures of myself without makeup (gotta love makeup ;) ), so I try to avoid them. But I will make a picture of my chin and stuff

We will see how it goes.IPB Image

Good luck. I was a little nervous about taking my first pill too but after a while it's no big deal.

Yeah, I think it will fade.

Ooow and I forgot to mention, I start out with 20 mg.

My derm said I should take 30 mg but I wanna start with 20 mg, that was okay he said. That's what I did, seems good to me. A low dose right!

I am 60 kilo by the way.

Yeah, I think it will fade.

Ooow and I forgot to mention, I start out with 20 mg.

My derm said I should take 30 mg but I wanna start with 20 mg, that was okay he said. That's what I did, seems good to me. A low dose right!

I am 60 kilo by the way.

yes that is a low dose, you really shouldn't have any problems with 20mg/day. I started out on 60mg and I weigh about the same as you. My side effects have been very mild even though I started out at a high dose.

Hey, girl. Your English is just fine. No one writes well on logs, anyways. ;)

Acne has killed my self esteem. I used to be ok with getting older (I'm 40) but with the acne I feel 100! :cry:

It doesn't help that my best girlfriend has the most amazingly flawless skin you will ever see (but my butt's better so at least that helps when we go out :shhh: ).

Good luck. I'm sure you won't have side effects with such a low dose. My derm told me I might not have any at 40mg. We'll see. I can handle just about any side effect except fatigue. I am extremely high strung and it takes a lot to wear me out!

Platinum

Hey, girl. Your English is just fine. No one writes well on logs, anyways. ;)

Acne has killed my self esteem. I used to be ok with getting older (I'm 40) but with the acne I feel 100! :cry:

It doesn't help that my best girlfriend has the most amazingly flawless skin you will ever see (but my butt's better so at least that helps when we go out :shhh: ).

Good luck. I'm sure you won't have side effects with such a low dose. My derm told me I might not have any at 40mg. We'll see. I can handle just about any side effect except fatigue. I am extremely high strung and it takes a lot to wear me out!

Platinum

Seems like best friends always have the best skins, makes you compare like crazy sometimes :wacko:

today has been my 3rd day ...

guess we'll be going through this togather. :comfort:

I'm on a 10mg, but will steadly increase to a 70mg.

good luck :wavey:

* DAY 4 * (20 mg)

Hi again! Thought today that I am gonna post some pictures of my problem skin, while making the pics I feel pretty depressed because it's so reality. It's like aaah that's how my skin looks eeks, how ugly can it make your skin IPB Image Ya know ?! Makes me feel ugly!

I never ever do this but I thought while taking accutane I might as well face it :wacko:

Mind that I don't have any make up on and I just got out of the shower (which makes it even worse IPB Image)

IPB ImageIPB Image

IPB ImageIPB Image

As you can see (a little) my cheeks have clear beautiful skin, just the chin :hand:

Skin

Seems like it's more calm though I do have some big breakouts (not from the tane ofcourse), they need to go!! Bleh

Nothing big to report..

S-E

I am okay, have a little cough since yesterday, like something is stuck or what. (I don't smoke IPB Image)

Cya bye

Best of luck to you, you have very nice skin under this damned acne, Im on 20mg as well and am on 4 weeks. Keep up the good work!

Best of luck to you, you have very nice skin under this damned acne, Im on 20mg as well and am on 4 weeks. Keep up the good work!

I will! You too.

How bad is your acne skin?

* DAY 5 * 20 mg

Nothing to report. Skin is the same, little disturbed maybe.

No dry skin, No very dry lips, nothing serious, little cough still... it's day 5 and we have a long way to go.

Have a happy relaxed weekend people IPB Image

I will! You too.

Itd hard to quantify how bad it is. On the right side of my face its probably moderate and persistant. It used to be terrible on my forehead, but that has improved heaps over the last few months. Under my jawline is probably the nastiest area though :(

I will! You too.

Itd hard to quantify how bad it is. On the right side of my face its probably moderate and persistant. It used to be terrible on my forehead, but that has improved heaps over the last few months. Under my jawline is probably the nastiest area though :(

Aah, well it will clear up for ya! Needs some time I guess :cool:

* DAY 8 *

I have been taking this stuff for 1 week now.

No big changes, I have one cyst comming up :hand: , I hope it will go down as fast as I felt it comming!

I have little dry lips but I think it's not different from what I have sometimes.

One thing worries me a bit, I (still) have this cough, keeps getting more. I feel this 'stimulus' while inhaling and it's annoying, feels weird.

Is this a common side-effect? Did anyone else have this and did it go? :confused:

It feels like it won't pass but goes on and gets worse maybe... and I do not wanna stop!

I hope some of you have had this too????

One thing worries me a bit, I (still) have this cough, keeps getting more. I feel this 'stimulus' while inhaling and it's annoying, feels weird.

Is this a common side-effect? Did anyone else have this and did it go? :confused:

It feels like it won't pass but goes on and gets worse maybe... and I do not wanna stop!

I had that the first two weeks.....it went away after that.

I had that the first two weeks.....it went away after that.

I will wait and see how this week goes, not panic right away hehe ;) . IPB ImageThanks for the reply ! IPB Image

Hey! How's it going with the accutane? you were the first one to reply on my log so i thought i'd leave something on yours. We started about the same time! i'm on day 8 too. I've started to get dry lips too and they've gotten worse over the past 2 days but it seems like they're calming down. Anyways good luck with the accutane and i'll be sure to keep checking up on you! oh yea another thing.. i looked at the pictures you posted and i think you have pretty lips. take care!

hey good luck in your accutane course! My acne was like yours albiet a little milder, always around the chin and mouth area, the rest of my face being clear.But accutane cleared my chin and mouth area up nicely, but my cheeks and forehead exploded

* DAY 10 *

I keep it short, i am very tired today *poeh*...I always say that I need to go to bed early when I am tired but I never do, always are things that need to be done hehe you know the feeling? I will try it tomorrow then :) ! I hope this is not due to tane because I just got started man, can't have this all the time!

Today my skin is calm. I had this cyst, felt huge, but today it's already going down.. GOOD! My skin is getting dry.

I have dry lips but it's okay, just use my lovely Carmex and it's great :wub: I bought 3 sticks today hehe... and I already have one. One for every place...

It's only 20 mg but I do feel it working ya know :rolleyes: !

But today I have dry eyes. They are little burning and I rather have my blue eyes closed all day :wacko:. Very annoying! See how this goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Psyph

Yeah cool if you keep checking! Thanks for the compliment!

@ wadsthepointofliving

Well let's hope my clear skin won't explode... My forehead has become little bumpy but I am in no panic! It will work. I am really glad with the rest of my skin so I don't even think about that.

You are clear now after your accutane?

I will do a picture-update soon! Keep checking :)(oow and yeah, I do like smileys hehe)

IPB Image

Hey....the dry eye thing is really annoying. I have been wanting to close my eyes all the time.....even when I'm not tired (speaking of tired....last night I slept 12.5 hours). I have been getting headaches, which I think are related to my eyes being so dry.....so I've been using some artificial tears, which really seem to help......

sorry to hear that problem with dry eyes.

makes me wonder how I'll handle the 20 mg dosage, since I'm upgrading to it in 4-5 days. :confused:

With the dry eyes, I had that for the first week or so, I'm also on 20mg, it really sucks, I know, head to the chemist and grab some eye drops, they really make a difference.

Good luck!

Hi people, thanks for checking up here, that's really nice!

IPB Image

I am at day 12 now (12 is my favourite number actually, but who cares ;))

What can I say... I am a little worried, just makes me think, it's about my eyes.

They are very dry and burning, I hate it very much :( . It's so bad that I hate going outside, especially with the wind and all. I want them closed all day, everything is irritating.

If this stays and will be there every day I can't go on with this treatment really! I am hoping it's temporarily and it will go away cause the last thing I want is stop the accutane!

I have to tell you that I suffered from dry eyes 3 or 4 years ago (still don't know what caused it) and I had a bunch of eyedrops and all (which I thought wasn't that helpfull), and one day it was gone thank god! Maybe I am sensitive to this side-effect. I don’t see many people with this low dose suffer from it after 10 days.

I thought with a low dose, I minimize the risk of dry eyes but damn there it is, I knew it. I do have eyedrops and I am using them from the day I felt it drying, but it seems like it is doing nothing at all, maybe it needs some time...(the dry eyes thing is the one side-effect that makes me crazy)

My cough almost gone so it was def getting used to the tane.

My skin is drying and my lips but it's okay, that doesn't bother me. Little tired also but I am focussed on my eyes.

From a dutch side I found this link; it's about dry eyes that never going away and I makes my think, because I was thinking this stuff does something to your skin that the acne won't come back anymore (that is the purpose right) and is irreversable, the pill can't see the difference between eye and skin so I am worried that dry eyes will be irriversable too..?

Check out this text: :blink:

dry eyes and accutane

What do you think about it?

Pff sorry for this! Just worried that's all.

I will see how it develops and maybe (I really hope) it will go away or at least isn't that bad anymore, I give it some time of course!!

Does it go away?