Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

The best colon cleansing? Anyone know?

I want to do a colon cleanse. Really do.

Anyone know what the best shit is, or are they all the same?

How many times should one do a colon cleanse a year?

There's the simple and cheap P&B shakes, the Blessed Herbs, Colonix, Oxypowder..... I've heard good things about Blessed Herbs. I just do P&B's though.l

Psyllium husk and bentonite clay, both available at a health foods store. I strongly recommend an herbal blend called Triphala too, you can get this at Whole Foods and Wild Oats. Everyone I've recommended it to keeps them regular as far as I know, and it does the same for me. P&B shakes can clog things up further if you're constipated, but Triphala is where it's at.

Also, if you're taking L-Glutamine, continue with that because it's good for the walls of your intestines, keeps them strong and thick.

And a probiotics supplement or drinking kefir / eating organic yogurt will help get good bacteria in the gut. If you're following any type of weight bulking nutrition plan I'm sure you already have some dairy in your diet for protein / whey, so yogurt would be a great idea...

Hey R.S-

From all that ive heard you and other rave about triphala, i went out and got it last week. I took it before bed and i felt sort of weird. The next morning it worked but it was bound to come out as it had been 3 days already! Throughout this week I have taken it on and off about 5 times. I started taking it during the day instead of before bed because i was having problems sleeping and thought that was it (waking up repeatedly throughout the night). I am still not regular and i have noticed a decrease in appetite. Do you think it all could be the triphala? Do I need to take it for longer, on a consistant basis to get results? Thanks for the help!

Could be the Triphala, could also be the dosage, could be a detox reaction or maybe you're sensitive to an ingredient in it...? I would take it for 2 weeks before getting off it, if the weird feeling stays past the first week you'd probably want to consider discontinuing it... But I've read that it takes 2 weeks to get maximum benefit of better digestion.

Another reason you have a decreased appetite could be because your digestion has gotten better, you're absorbing more of what you eat. But it's impossible to say for sure.

Another reason you have a decreased appetite could be because your digestion has gotten better, you're absorbing more of what you eat. But it's impossible to say for sure.

Hmm interesting. It says on the bottle 2 tablets, 3 times a day. But ive only been doing that once per day and not even everyday (im scared) and I didnt think it was nescessary to get things regular. I am also on accutane if that means anything. I dont know what else to do though because I dont think I can possibily eat any healthier (plenty of veggies, fruits, seeds, fish, tofu, eggs, and TONS of water) I also try to reamin active and exercise a little everyday. I am still not seeing results. I got fiber choice powder at the grocery store yesterday... its the stuff u can put in liquids and cant taste. Im ify about using it too much and another thing is that I dont eat anything really liquid except for water and thats kinda gross to mix :sick:

Note: Maybe the accutane is drying things out and causing things to be worse???

Yeah, I think there's a study out there that links Accutane usage to IBS later on in life... pretty sure I read something about that on Mercola.com.

So by results, do you mean acne or constipation? Constipation can have a MILLION different reasons so it's very hard to give a definite solution. http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_consti.htm here's a great page that kind of gets all the information in one place.

No I meant constipation when I said I wasnt seeing results. My skin is crystal clear thanks to the accutane, but i may also have IBS thanks to it too :rolleyes:

If you really want to do an overall cleanse that has many benefits, look into Dr. Joshi's Holisitic Detox. It's a 21-day detox diet. It involves eliminating lots of stuff from your diet. It will balance your pH levels (apparently our diets are overly acidic) and flush your liver. It cleanses your colon naturally of course.

It requires a lot of discipline, but if you are up for it, I would recommend it. My motivation for doing it was to increase my energy levels, cleanse my system and discover what foods I reacted negatively too. I met with success. AND, my skin improved and my body is in better-looking shape.