Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stillhere

TCA CROSS .. 4TH ROUND MAYBE THE LAST

After doing my 4th tca cross, I am reluctant to do more. This time the scar looked considerable worse after the scab fell off. I was concerned since it seemed to burn for a while after the cross and may have went deeper. Thank heavens, it seems to be tightening up or getting a bit smaller but I was concerned for a bit. I think overall the scar looks a bit smaller but the edges just seem more defined. Before this last cross, when I pulled the skin tight, the scar would almost dissappear but now it does not since the edges are more defined. I am following it up with a spot peel in the area, avoiding the inside of the scar to see if I can soften the edges once again. Has anyone noticed any major difference after more than 4 of these?? I almost feel like my improvements have maxed out with this larger boxcar scar and anymore might make it worse. I am reluctant to do more especially since this time the scar looked big and red for a while after the scab fell off. I may try needling.

I got great results after my first cross. I don't know if you've read my post, but I was concerned because I spread the TCA beyond the scar ridges and assumed the scars will get wider, but the opposite happened to me. The scars almost blended evenly with the skin. It has only been 3 weeks for me. I plan on repeating the procedure to the same scars in two more weeks.

Yes I accidently got in on the edges too, they seemed to kinda curve in and seem to blend with the scar.

I will always touch the outer edge now .5 - 1mm depending on the scar size.

tryingstill why don't you just try the outer edges of them now? It may help. :)

Well, I tried a 15% around the scar and the area. That really helped quite a bit last time. I think I may wait longer since I only waited around 1.5 months since the beginning of the last cross. It is looking better but for a few days, it looked real bad and I possibly got the dismorphia about it thinking it was just huge. I did notice a few people really looking at that area of my face when normally they don't. It seems to be tightening up but I hate the few days of it looking so bad. Like a big red hole in my cheek. I just don't know if I can stand it again. It was like that the first time and then again this 4th time. I will, however remember to try if I do it again, to apply the tca to the edges more. Thanks for your replies. :)

crzyakta, I would wash once a day and put cp's after. On a crossed area that I did a second round of cross a few weeks ago (the rest was only crossed once) I decided to just wash once a day and put NOTHING. The scabs stayed on for 12-14 days! I think it's good that the scabs stay as long as possible.

In my future crosses I'll do the same (wash once daily and that's it until scabs are off).

Hopesprings, where did you get your tca. I don't apply cp on afterwards or anything, but my scabs normally only last 2-4 days. I know my tca is strong because this last time, it burned or stung for quite a while after the frost so I had a feeling it was going deep. I havn't got alot of improvements with the cross but it's only been a few weeks and sometimes I notice the most improvement around a month later. I just wish I was like some folks who get great results. I have considered getting this large boxcar/ almost shallow icepick looking scar of mine excised but I don't know if having a linear scar would be better and the chance of an indented linear scar is not good. I do love the spot peels with the 15%. I will probably do some more in another week or so.

I got it from Julie from perfectcomplexion.

What exactly do you do after crossing that the scabs last such a short time? Do you put neosporin or whatever and wash twice a day?

I think the less moisture, the better. Moistening really weakens the scabs plus, while washing even if you are careful, you are rubbing your skin and probably "helping" them to fall.

Well it's been maybe two weeks since the scab fell off and now I am almost certain it is worse than before I started. I think possibly, I didn't wait long enough in between crosses so possibly 2 months is a good idea. I am a bit bummed that I am almost back to square one since I think my results went backwards a bit. Granted the scar looks a bit smaller, but it is deeper and more defined. I just did a heavily layered 15% peel around the edges and on the area around the scar. I am sure a bit seeped into the scar but I am not worried, I just want it to flatten out a bit more like it was. Oh well. IF I LIVED IN A MAJOR CITY, this wouldn't be such an issue but there are very few plastic surgeons here or I would have had a spot dermabrasion long ago on it. No one here does them. So anyways, a word of caution for multiple crosses: be sure to wait a good amount of time between them since the skin is weakened and it can actually make them deeper. I am hoping since I am normally a realistic optimist, that the scar will start filling in again. :pray:

My scabs fall off acter 4-5 days!!!! It's frustrating, I wish it would stay the required 7-10 days! as someone mentioned, the longer it stays on the better....but it appears to not be so with me. grrrrrrrr. :wall:

arya, do you put anything on your face the first week after cross?

From crossing twice, I think I found the right way to keep the scabs longer. I only wash my face once a day and put NOTHING afterwards. Many people are afraid of infection and put neosporin and other things on them but I decided to try nothing.

First round I put cp's on the area and alhough the scabs started falling on the 6-7 day till the 10 day (which isn't too bad) when I did the second round w/o cp's the scabs started falling on the 10th day till 13th day.

Personally I think the less moisturizing, the better.

Needless to say that I don't put any foundation on because that would require taking it off more aggressively. Foundation also dries scabs.

Just my experience.

Well, I spoke too soon about the cross. It is looking better. This time though (after about 1.5 weeks after the 100% cross) , I did an intense 15% peel around the scar. I am sure some still seeped into it. I really frosted on the spot peel. It seemed to blend the edges and the scar looks better. I still don't know if I can go through another cross since 2 out of the 4 times, my scar looks much worse for a while afterwards. It seems I am seeing results, just wanted more. I am scheduled for a consultation with a plastic surgeon next tuesday. This will be interesting. I wonder what they will charge for a spot yag? I live in a smaller to mid sized town so there is not alot of competition for plastic surgeons. Sometimes things can be more because of this. Has anyone had the erbium yag (ablative kind) and what did ya have to pay if you don't mind sharing the info? Thanks ...