Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AliasJaneDoe

Acne Cure products - cheers & jeers

Thought I'd start up a topic for comparing products. What do you like, what do you hate, what breaks you out, what over dries, what's a miracle...

I'm hoping we can figure out what works the best for the majority of us, and what products we should avoid. If you're not sure which product is clearing you up or breaking you out, post your list of products and your results, and we can compare it to the lists others make and see who all is using the same product.

I've only been doing the cure for two days, so I'll reserve my comments until I've had a chance to actually see some results. But here's what I'm using:

SA - grocery store brand cleanser that's a knock-off of Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash - 2%

GA - Walgreen's lotion (only GA I could find) - 8%

BP - Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask - 3.5%

I'm not leaving any of these on my face for more than a couple minutes. I know the cure says to leave the BP on, but my skin is VERY sensitive and peels easily (despite being oily). So for now at least, everything gets rinsed off. And I've not been using ice (should I start?).

I am on week 12 of the following and have been 100% clear for several weeks:

Morning

Neutrogena oil-free acne wash (I love this stuff)

Walgreens alpha hydroxy lotion

Eucerin Renewal

all done the acne cure way

Night

Neutro oil free wash

lots of bp (ala Dan)

Eucerin

for those of you who think you hate the Neutro oil-free wash try it the acne cure way, I was amazed at the difference

(a dime size dollop, few drops water, rub on face, let sit for a couple minutes, rinse off, amazing-do the same with the aha lotion)

I found that I never was very satisfied w/ store bought products. It was like my face was some experiment and I was testing hundreds of differents products. None of them ever kept me clear on a regular basis to where I was confident that I would not wake up in the morning W/ a huge white head. Once I got a microdermabrasion series done the derm office put me on the product they sold at the office and I could tell the difference in the quality immediately.

Eventually when the product ran out I tried some other brands like Proactive and that kept my skin clear for a while but then I would always get all of these small pimples all over my face. This happened every time I would retry Proactive after a break from it. The most sucess I have ever had from a face wash is from a glycolic Dermatologist product called M.D Forte. I have been clear for the past three years. When I have gone off of it for awhile I always regret it because I breakout from other products. It is a little more expensive, but worth it for clear skin. I use the glycolic wash and then wait 20 mins to apply the glycolic lotion. If you are using any topicals such as retin-A this product might be too drying for you. But is a great choice for when you are through with the treatment. Sorry I blabbed on for so long. -Lucid

Try Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub with Salicyc Acid and C&C Continous Control Acne Cleanser with BP in it. Not expensive either and they work great together! 8-[

SA= Paula's choice 2%; St. Ives clear pore wash

GA= Paula's choice, and also kiss my face 5% AHA if I need to moisturize

BP= Paula's choice

I like neutrogena oil free acne wash- smells nice, feels nice, doesn't irritate skin.

For BP, i use neutrogena 2.5% BP, no comments, but I use a lot of it.

moisturizer- neutrogena oil free moisturizer spf 15, this is the only moisturizer that doesn't cause me to break out so I stick to it. Loreal's moisturizer I forgot what name is pretty good also for my first few weeks of use but after that it's all break out again.

GA-I use Paula's choice 8% AHA, no comments.