Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

Anyone stop using bp for a day every now and then or use only at night?

Do any of you feel the need to skip a day of bp or only use it at night for a certain amount of time. I know they say to stay on it, but it may be way TOO MUCH for our skin to handle, which creates breakouts anyway because the skin is freaking out (while on BP)?

I may be wrong so please correct me if you think this is totally wrong and BP should be stuck to day and night for a long time?

Do any of you feel the need to skip a day of bp or only use it at night for a certain amount of time. I know they say to stay on it, but it may be way TOO MUCH for our skin to handle, which creates breakouts anyway because the skin is freaking out (while on BP)?

I may be wrong so please correct me if you think this is totally wrong and BP should be stuck to day and night for a long time?

i've been doing only nights since I started over a year ago. 6 months in the regimen stopped working and i went off of it. Tried everything from hot water w/ no soap...then later to ACV and baking soda...the latter just made my skin horrible so after 1-2 months since being off the regimin I went back on and it cleared up my skin like when I first used it. I doing 1 application at night and that's been fine for me. W/ all the BP I'm putting on daily i'll limit myself to one applicatio a day. I'm worried about what happens when I stop using it since getting even 1 acne gets to be an eyesore after being 97% clear.

I did it twicw a day, then I went down to only nights. Now I do it every couple of days. I do my forehead once a week. But my forehead looks a little bumpy so I might increase it again.

I apply it once in the morning, and before I go to bed. I first started using it 3 years ago. Had really bad acne. It generally worked the longer I used it, and the more I applied. Of course like most people, I tried a plethora of other products before finding one that works for me. I just have lingering spots now, and it isn't like my acne is gone. If I stop using bp, I get breakouts.

Hi

I started applying BP (oxy on the spot 2.5% BP) once daily for first week of the regimen and then increased to twice daily as suggested. After 1 month I started using Dan's BP gel. After 6 weeks following regimen exactly, my skin was still really dry and cracking, despite trying different moisturisers. It was peeling off particularly badly on my neck and I decided I really had no option than to stop the CSR for a week to let my skin recover. I have since started using Dan's BP gel once every two days. My skin is currently breaking out with deep painful spots along my jawline and cheeks that I have never encountered for years.

I'm not sure what to do next, seems everything I try is only making things worse! Its difficult to know what to do, none of us are experts and all of us are just trying to find a way of getting rid of spots. The last thing you want to do is to make things worse when you are trying desperately to make things better.

I also struggle with the recommendation to follow the regimen strictly, because when I did it caused my skin to respond adversely. Like others have suggested in these message boards, I think the main thing is to listen to your own skin - keep with what works for you.

Best of luck,

Debbie

:)

Hi

I started applying BP (oxy on the spot 2.5% BP) once daily for first week of the regimen and then increased to twice daily as suggested. After 1 month I started using Dan's BP gel. After 6 weeks following regimen exactly, my skin was still really dry and cracking, despite trying different moisturisers. It was peeling off particularly badly on my neck and I decided I really had no option than to stop the CSR for a week to let my skin recover. I have since started using Dan's BP gel once every two days. My skin is currently breaking out with deep painful spots along my jawline and cheeks that I have never encountered for years.

I'm not sure what to do next, seems everything I try is only making things worse! Its difficult to know what to do, none of us are experts and all of us are just trying to find a way of getting rid of spots. The last thing you want to do is to make things worse when you are trying desperately to make things better.

I also struggle with the recommendation to follow the regimen strictly, because when I did it caused my skin to respond adversely. Like others have suggested in these message boards, I think the main thing is to listen to your own skin - keep with what works for you.

Best of luck,

Debbie

Just curious what products do you use?

Hi

Best of luck,

Debbie

I am using CSR gentle cleanser and bp gel and nivea visage oil free moisturiser. How long have you been on the regimen and have you seen any improvement?

After reading some of the message boards it's great to see that some people have really benefitted from CSR.

Hi

Best of luck,

Debbie

I am using CSR gentle cleanser and bp gel and nivea visage oil free moisturiser. How long have you been on the regimen and have you seen any improvement?

After reading some of the message boards it's great to see that some people have really benefitted from CSR.

Yes I started now at about the 1 month mark it's getting better but the redness is still there along with a few marks and 2 or 3 active pimples, overall for the 1 month mark its working!!