Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marco23

help not using bp very clear coincidence???

Hi

I'm not bashing BP as I've used it many times in the past and has worked very well, but I've been on for 1 month now and say about 2 weeks religiously but I stopped and my red marks faded and complexion got better with no active pimples, what may be going on with my skin?

Should I apply on spots only from now on, or keep with it, and whether bp is needed or not it can not cause me a breakout with consistent use of it, say another month?

I wonder sometimes if just a cleanser and a moisturizer is good enough until there is a breakout? After reading and searching breakouts are unavoidable even with BP on face. Correct me if you think i'm wrong?

Basically I've been clear with bp but I've also been clear with just a cleanser in the past for a few months, but something drove me to this site. I think a cleanser only, made the skin adjust and no more pimples unless of course hormonal or stress.

What do you think.

if your clear simply from cleanser then id say stick with it

what ive started doing recently is only applying BP at night and not EVERY night

because im pretty sure im growing out of acne now so im just keeping it under control

ive been doing this for quite a few weeks now and it works

my suggestion to you is maybe do the same.

bp your acne prone areas say a couple of times a week at night? this way you have the piece of mind that your fighting the acne but ur not overly irritating your skin :)

if your clear simply from cleanser then id say stick with it

what ive started doing recently is only applying BP at night and not EVERY night

because im pretty sure im growing out of acne now so im just keeping it under control

ive been doing this for quite a few weeks now and it works

my suggestion to you is maybe do the same.

bp your acne prone areas say a couple of times a week at night? this way you have the piece of mind that your fighting the acne but ur not overly irritating your skin :)

the thing with me is, is that its scattered around my face so I don't know where to control really, I guess I can try only at night and see what happens?

Do you use moisturizer only at night since thats when you apply bp, and do you still apply a moisturizer SPF 15 during day if your not appling bp during the day?

because acne can take a while to form, your skin may stay clear for a while, even if you discontinue using bp. cutting back to once a day, or maybe even once everyother day might be okay, but i wouldn't cut it out completely, as it is the only for sure way to prevent new acne from forming.

I know some people use the CSR, then stop and never have to use it again cos their skin stops breaking out (even though they haven't outgrown acne).

I guess it just happens to lucky people though...lol

because acne can take a while to form, your skin may stay clear for a while, even if you discontinue using bp. cutting back to once a day, or maybe even once everyother day might be okay, but i wouldn't cut it out completely, as it is the only for sure way to prevent new acne from forming.

i did a test for our members not long ago

on a sunday i TOTALLY quit bp, like dead in its tracks and juts washed and applied a bit of lactic acid

it took til wed/thurs to see my skin breaking out and before it was clear as day.

so if its been a week or two then you should be pretty safe