Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
messynessie

qualitest bp gel.

I had never heard of it before, so I looked it up online. Apparently it's a prescription benzoyl peroxide gel available in 5% and 10% strengths. I'd go easy with it because it will be stronger than any 2.5% BPs you have used before. Even with 2.5% BP, I remember my skin felt amazing and not dry or anything for the first four days, but then bam!--flaking, dryness, itching. I imagine that effect would be even more pronounced with a stronger BP concentration. Let us know what the texture is like, how it absorbs, and how you skin tolerates it after a few days.

alright, here's where i fess up to my deep dark secret.

when i started the regimen, i actually started with 10% bp cream because it was all i had access to. anyhow, my skin tollerated the 10% freakishly well.

so today i bought the 5% bp gel at kaiser, because i wanted to try a bp gel and it was at the pharmacy and cheap. anyhow, i think my skin will appreciate the 5%, but i will definately keep you posted as i continue to use it.