Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bustamove

we are all water in this thread

Waves are Water

When you look at the surface of the ocean, you can see waves coming up and going down. You can describe these waves in terms of high or low, big or small, more vigorous or less vigorous, more beautiful or less beautiful. You can describe a wave in terms of beginning and end, birth and death. That can be compared to the historical dimension. In the historical dimension, we are concerned with birth and death, more powerful, less powerful, more beautiful, less beautiful, beginning and end and so on.

Looking deeply, we can also see that the waves are at the same time water. A wave may like to seek its own true nature. The wave might suffer from fear, from complexes. A wave may say, "I am not as big as the other waves," "I am oppressed," "I am not as beautiful as the other waves," "I have been born and I have to die." The wave may suffer from these things, these ideas. But if the wave bends down and touches her true nature she will realize that she is water. Then her fear and complexes will disappear. Water is free from the birth and death of a wave.

Water is free from high and low, more beautiful and less beautiful. You can talk in terms of more beautiful or less beautiful, high or low, only in terms of waves. As far as water is concerned, all these concepts are invalid.

there is a bunch of jellyfish and shit in the water though.

and sharks (a.k.a. bitches with no empathy). good post tho.

I'm of the opinion that we do not need to entirely let go of the ego.

Just it's overwhelming HOLD on us.

After all, part of being human is ego. And to be human is to answer the highest calling we have, I believe. The trick is to learn how to listen to the ego in a healthy way, rather than the way that makes people psychotic.

yes thats true, theres nothing wrong with the ego if its positive ego. Ego is interesting and fun and allows us to communicate and play games. Nirvana is none of those things, just a state of bliss, pure consciousness. Whose to say which is better. I like the game of life...

...sometimes

lol - nirvana is not a state that I can imagine. I think it's because it goes against everything a human being is and has - thoughts, feelings. Even when we sleep, we shift positions physically, our hearts beat - we dream, we think. To exist in a state of pure emptiness........I have nothing I can relate that to.

Although, I gotta admit, on my bad days - Nirvana *sounds* awfully nice. :)

i think there is a bit of nirvana in us all. i beleive in the 'beginning' we were all in nirvana. 'I wonder when i had my first thought' is a thought that blows my mind. Ive done some meditating and other spiritual things that gave a taster of what its like. Ive experienced some very pure states. To get a taster try closing your eyes and not thinking, avoid having attention on the physical universe and just...

...be